Making the factory Saiga black stock more solid less toy like.

Okay, I have a factory Saiga-410 and love it. I want to keep the original black plastic furniture but just don't like that hollow toy like feel the stock has. I'm considering filling it up with that foam in a can stuff from the hardware store. Anyone already try this? How did it work out? Any better ideas?

Okay, I have a factory Saiga-410 and love it. I want to keep the original black plastic furniture but just don't like that hollow toy like feel the stock has. I'm considering filling it up with that foam in a can stuff from the hardware store. Anyone already try this? How did it work out? Any better ideas?

I replaced my sport style stock on my 16" 308 to the Saiga factory skeleton stock and added a Limbsaver Grind to Fit recoil pad after grinding the end of the stock flat. Since the recoil pad screw holes did not align with new stock holes, I filled the skeleton stock with body filler (a form of epoxy - from a friends body shop), not only did it add a little weight, but also it feels more solid AND balanced when the bipod was mounted.

Hope this helps.

Joe

use, "Great stuff" and fill the stock.

It will deaden the hollow sound, Pluse, if your a hunter, it will make your gun float!

i did exactly that... didn't deaden it much... but i liked it better

you could try a tube of caulk... or 2

Edited by mccumber1916
use, "Great stuff" and fill the stock.

It will deaden the hollow sound, Pluse, if your a hunter, it will make your gun float!

i did exactly that... didn't deaden it much... but i liked it better

you could try a tube of caulk... or 2

I used a fiberglass short chop resin mix. I was reshaping mine so I needed to have the rigidness and strength of the fiberglass. I ran long threarded bolts the length of the mix to give it even more strength.

It added a lot of weight, but I don't notice once I start firing. I think it keeps the recoil down.

I filled mine about one half full of the fiberglass mix. I may fill in the rest, I haven't decided yet.

louielouie

Well, this is the Saiga-410 not the 12ga. so I would prefer not to add too much weight. I was thinking about using "Great Stuff" but mabey I can find something similar that is a higher density foam in a can kind of like those high density blue sheets they use around foundations that is still pretty light but is much stronger and stiffer then yellow foam (Sheets and Great Stuff).

Edited by turbo1889