FWIW, have read that this method in part has been very successfully used by Israeli airline security people for some time.

The difference being that the Isreali security has been at this game far longer and far more seriously than we have. They've had covert armed (Beretta .22s i hear) security on nearly every flight for years.

Nope...i just gotta say.....i will take the risk of being blown up rather than have my life turned upside down by our own government. I fear their intrusions more than the terrorists at this point. Don't get me wrong we have to be vigilant, but we also have to hold on to our way of life. If we turn in a 1984 world, well then....havent the terrorists won?....don't they just hate our freedoms?

i could get run over crossing the street tomorrow....in fact i have afar better chance of that than i do of being blown up by a terrorist.

Where do we draw the line as far as giving up our personal freedoms?

FWIW, have read that this method in part has been very successfully used by Israeli airline security people for some time.

The difference being that the Isreali security has been at this game far longer and far more seriously than we have. They've had covert armed (Beretta .22s i hear) security on nearly every flight for years.

Nope...i just gotta say.....i will take the risk of being blown up rather than have my life turned upside down by our own government. I fear their intrusions more than the terrorists at this point. Don't get me wrong we have to be vigilant, but we also have to hold on to our way of life. If we turn in a 1984 world, well then....havent the terrorists won?....don't they just hate our freedoms?

i could get run over crossing the street tomorrow....in fact i have afar better chance of that than i do of being blown up by a terrorist.

Where do we draw the line as far as giving up our personal freedoms?

I'm with you on this one RangerM9. The folks who want to be in control are the same people who brought you Barney Frank, senators in the john looking to score, immigration reform, more taxes, less services, and want to be in control of your health care, ad infinitem. Fire 'em all!

That poor Richard Jewell guy just died too. I hate the media and their lies. The only part of the newspaper i read are the Comics. Why? Because the funnies and the news have one thing in common, they're fictitious. The difference is, the funny page doesn't claim to be fact.

well im glade i got to fly twice, guess ill never do it again. b/c i dont think there is any reason to put ones self through such hoops to go from point a to point b, boycott, is all i can think of

Sometimes you have no choice. I just flew down to Ft. Myers, FL for a funeral. It's a 12-13 hour drive from here going about 85-95 MPH, so I'm told. I made it in 4 hours with a 1 hour layover in Charlotte. We left there at 3 yesterday. The thought of a long drive like that, at that point, is more than I could have handled. There are just some times you have to fly.

well im glade i got to fly twice, guess ill never do it again. b/c i dont think there is any reason to put ones self through such hoops to go from point a to point b, boycott, is all i can think of

Sometimes you have no choice. I just flew down to Ft. Myers, FL for a funeral. It's a 12-13 hour drive from here going about 85-95 MPH, so I'm told. I made it in 4 hours with a 1 hour layover in Charlotte. We left there at 3 yesterday. The thought of a long drive like that, at that point, is more than I could have handled. There are just some times you have to fly.

I bet your arms are tired!

What good are these 'Behavior detection officers' when they TSA is afraid to profile Muslims? Will they arrest some old woman in a wheel chair who couldn't commit any terrorist acts if she knew how to? Homeland Security should be renamed Homeland Stupidity.

I don't trust them to protect my life, remember the two officers who threatened to shoot anyone who got out of their seats on one flight? The idiot assholes probably got promotions instead of being fired and arrested for assault with a deadly weapon.

I would love to have real aviation security in this country instead of the mess we have now.