Elite firearms 12c's conversions for sale

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the gun complete with grip and buttstock conversion is 499 and if you already have the gun and ship it to us it will be 260 total to convert it.

Alpha Operative

I sent you an email on this; however, it would benefit all board members if you would be more specific on exactly what parts and labor you are including in your $260 conversion, or the total package, with you providing the converted shotgun for $499.

Assuming that you replaced the FCG, what USA made FCG did you replace it with?

In the picture, the pistol grip appears to be the standard black, synthetic, USA made pg, as found on SAR1s, etc. - correct?

You mentioned on one of the previous posts that the stock is from K-Var. If so, what K-Var part number is it? Is the folding stock in the picture in your opening post of this thread, the stock that comes with the conversion?

What is the length of the barrel on the shotgun provided by you? Do you offer to shorten the barrel to 19/18.5 and recrown? If so, at what price?

Do you offer to thread the muzzle for choke options?

Are all the "conversion areas" touched up/ refinished?

Does the cost quoted include return shipping?

The reason for the numerous questions is:

Your ad is somewhat vague in exactly what labor you will do, and what parts you include, for the quoted price of conversion.

Another "converter" has posted his offer of conversion on this site, and it is quite specific.

In order to be fair to both parties, and give the forum members the details so they can decide which is the better deal, please post the particulars as stated above.

I sincerely hope that the board members of this site,with the help of your operation, can get all of our Saigas converted.

Thank you,

wjm

hey, some good questions! i would be willing to pay a little extra to get the barrel shortened to 18.5 and recrowned!

alpha, i stripped my saiga12 down to just the barrel and the receiver (and all the rcvr innards). is that all you need along with the u.s. fcg or do you need the stock and pistol grip as well?

can you refinish and do light metal work as well??? i'd like to get the front sight ground down and have the rear sight removed and the dovetail slot filled in and ground down smooth.

enquiring minds want to know! :D

Now I am really confused. It does look like a folding model...it would be so easy just to tell us yes or no if the stock in the photo on page 1 folds.

YES

or

NO

I asked Alpha about foldings stocks when I first enquired about ordering one. The reply was "we don't have any folders except for fixed ones and they're $69 extra". That's why I decided to supply my own. HTH...

Tomac

That is just it Tomac, I have the correct 100 series butt already, but do they modify the receiver for the side-folding hardware?

I am thinking no based on your reply because they would need the hardware to go with it... :(

It's still a good deal, but I'm trying to get an actual 12c with sidefolder before I resort to this method.

Edited by infidel

I have been looking hard at the sidefolder and it is NOT COMPATIBLE at all with any optic mounted on the side rail. If you are planning on using only iron sights then the folder would be great.

I am working on a Spetsnaz Saiga-12 instead of the LEO 12C... The Spetsnaz version DOES have a folder but you cannot close it unless you remove the Buttpad, Cheek rest AND the Kobra sight.

So I have opted for a non-folder Krinkov stock....looks just like the Spetsnaz stock so thats fine with me.

im sorry for the confusion, but the pic that i posted was our 12c with all we have to offer!

our base model with butt stock and pistol grip is 499 "black poly handguards pistol grip and bulgarian butt stock

if you supply the gun the labor and parts will all run you 260 total

the skeletal non folding stock is +69

K sight +160

right now we are not offering mods to the receiver to allow for the ask or 100 seris folder

I'm not saying Alpha is good or not, or that he is for real or not. He may be great . . .or not. All I know is that I esponded to his 8 round mags for sale post with a PM. After he responded with an address to send the money, I researched the address he gave me. I'm an investigator. I got the names of the owners. I sent him an e-mail saying I knew the owners and that I couldn't find him anywhere on K-Var's forum, where he also said he had great references.. He sent me an e-mail saying that the address he gave was his parents' house and asked me how I knew his parents and his name. I responded with the truth. I said that before I sent $200 out into space I did some research and found the people who lived at the address he gave. Rather than telling me that he was glad I did my homework and I was for real, he said that because I researched him "behind his back" he wasn't going to sell me the mags, and that he hadn't been on K-var for a long time and that he wasn't going to send me the "references" that I wanted.

Again, I know little to nothing about Alpha, other than what I have said. He may be great. Do what you will with your money.

I have been looking hard at the sidefolder and it is NOT COMPATIBLE at all with any optic mounted on the side rail. If you are planning on using only iron sights then the folder would be great.

I am working on a Spetsnaz Saiga-12 instead of the LEO 12C... The Spetsnaz version DOES have a folder but you cannot close it unless you remove the Buttpad, Cheek rest AND the Kobra sight.

So I have opted for a non-folder Krinkov stock....looks just like the Spetsnaz stock so thats fine with me.

That's why I'll be installing my own Romanian folder that folds to the right so it matches my AKs and doesn't interfere w/optics. You can still access the charging handle, safety & trigger w/the Romy stock folded.

Tomac

imparidel ........ when you pull up personal information on a person as you did me , it makes you sound like a damn FED or something, that really creaps people out.If you had any doubt as to whether my intent was real or not you could have asked to call or something like many of the people buying our conversion have done. I have talked to a bunch of people that are now ordering our 12's and am happy to say many of them are now friends. If you have an doubt as to our business or skill wait and read posts by our customers. Id thank you not to spread needless slander in the future.

So, to clarify what your "Base Model $260.00 Labor & Parts" deal is:

I assume you do the following if I provide the base Saiga 12 weapon:

1. Install a "fixed" Traditional Bulgarian Buttstock

2. Install a USA Compliant Pistol Grip

3. Relocate & install a USA compliant FCG

You mention something about "black poly handguards"... Do you replace the handguards as well ?

?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

And on your $499 deal, your original pic shows a folding Krink stock and Kobra sight... I'm making the assumption that you can get the Krink stock for an additional $69.00 (but it won't fold) and the Kobra sight for an addtional $125.00 ?

In this case, a thousand words are not worth a picture... :unsure:

Tomac: Don't forget that the ACE stock can be reveresed to fold on the right side too. :D

...It'll just cost you 4x as much as the Romanian. <_<

Yeah, I know, I used to own an ACE but while others love them I just couldn't warm up to it. The Romy folder on the other hand really surprised me at how comfortable and easy it is to use, especially w/my fav AK sight (PK-AS, which I'm putting on the Saiga-12 as well). It doesn't look like much but it sure delivers!

Tomac

l picked up a couple of $25 East German folding stocks 7-8 yrs ago in anticipation of the ban expiring or becoming irrelevent one day. They're awesome for functionality. They fold to the right, curve down to clear bolt handle and safety, lock up solidly in both open/closed positions On the downside they're alittle too short for comfort and the solid steel butt plate transfers all of the recoil directly into the shoulder pocket. Not a big problem for 7.62x39, but 12 gauge buck.......?

Yeah, that was one of the main reasons I didnt like the Romanian side folder.

I didnt think it would be good for the recoil of a 12 guage shotgun.

Personally I think the Romy is a very ugly rifle stock.

But its "functionality" is surperb. Folding to the right has inherent problems that the Romy's design overcomes. Its weird curves allow it to not interfere with the trigger, bolt handle and selector.

Thats why I decided to go with the same design that the Russian Spetsnaz use.

Yeah, that was one of the main reasons I didnt like the Romanian side folder.

I didnt think it would be good for the recoil of a 12 guage shotgun.

Personally I think the Romy is a very ugly rifle stock.

But its "functionality" is surperb. Folding to the right has inherent problems that the Romy's design overcomes. Its weird curves allow it to not interfere with the trigger, bolt handle and selector.

Thats why I decided to go with the same design that the Russian Spetsnaz use.

I agree, the Romy is nothing to look at! However, I've grown to love how it fits/feels on my AKs so that's why I'm trying it on the Saiga-12. If recoil is too stiff then I'll probably add a Bulgarian strap-on AK recoil pad.

Tomac

Tomac, tiny flash bulb just went off while looking over the board. Perhaps l'll road test it on one of my East German stocks. there's a little rubber bumper in the top corner to cushion it from banging into the receiver. Remove the pad & wrap a couple layers of 550 cord around the butt plate. In the past, l've duct taped 1 1/4" stiff foam pad to the butt plate on a "fixed" folder. Really ugly! but effective in recoil absorbsion w/ the additional advantage of gaining length of pull

Tomac, tiny flash bulb just went off while looking over the board. Perhaps l'll road test it on one of my East German stocks. there's a little rubber bumper in the top corner to cushion it from banging into the receiver. Remove the pad & wrap a couple layers of 550 cord around the butt plate. In the past, l've duct taped 1 1/4" stiff foam pad to the butt plate on a "fixed" folder. Really ugly! but effective in recoil absorbsion w/ the additional advantage of gaining length of pull

Interesting! Please post the results if you try it! Thx!...

Tomac

what about the polish or kvar strap-on butt pad? it's a lot thicker than a couple layers of 550 cord (course, it's also a lot more expensive! :D )

AK-005B.jpg

Tomac,  tiny flash bulb just went off while looking over the board.  Perhaps l'll road test it on one of my East German stocks.    there's a little rubber bumper in the top corner to cushion it from banging into the receiver.  Remove the pad & wrap a couple layers of 550 cord around the butt plate.    In the past, l've duct taped 1 1/4" stiff foam pad to the butt plate on a "fixed" folder.    Really ugly!  but effective in recoil absorbsion w/ the additional advantage of gaining length of pull

what about the polish or kvar strap-on butt pad? it's a lot thicker than a couple layers of 550 cord (course, it's also a lot more expensive! :D )

AK-005B.jpg

That's exactly what I was considering if recoil's too stiff w/just the Romy folder.

Tomac