Saiga shaving rounds

OK, first hello to all. Second, I've noticed that when cycling rounds through my unfired Saiga each and every casing has two parrallel streaks where lacquer and or metal has been shaven off. I can also see small metalic flakes in the chamber. As of yet I have not made it to the range. I had planned on going tomorrow but am now a little worried about the safety and function of the rifle.

So if any other Saiga enthusiasts out there have had a similar experience, please let me know.

safe shootin

• 3 months later...

Get used to it. It doesn't seem to affect the function of the rifle one bit. Steel casings work best in these but brass is ok too as long as its not garbage ammo. We got some .223 REM winchester brand shells marked MADE IN ISRAEL and they were junk. Jammed about every other round. WOLF and SILVER BEAR are really good and cheap. The action is hard on the brass and will chew it up mercilessly. I hope you are not planning to reload! But with ammo as cheap as it is for these guns its hardly necessary or cost effective to reload anyway.

Had the ssame problem with mine when I first got it. Magazine was the problem, had a burr and a rough spot on the front lip. Took about 15 Min and some crocus cloth to clean it up. Feeds smooth and does not damage the brass. You can reload the 7.62X39 for some great accuracy. My SAIGA imported by B-West will shoot about 3/4" at 100M :smoke: