?? Sight Base & Muzzle Adapter ??

I keep seeing Sight Base, and Muzzle Adapter on some places to buy. I'm pretty sure sight base is for scopes and such just like a rifle correct? Muzzle Adapter I believe is for a choke correct?

So if I do buy a saiga with a muzzle adapter can I fire it without putting a choke on or will that damage whatever is at the end to attach a choke?

Anyone had a link to some affordable chokes or are they all at least 100 each?

Thanks for dealing with my noob questions.

Guess a sight base would be a scope mount. so you're right there. Muzzle adapter I would take to mean that the barrel is threaded to accept external chokes. Gilberts Guns has some fixed external chokes (half, full) that are relatively inexpensive, as well as a Polychoke that screws on and is adjustable (around $100.)

Do you mean this?

(from rusmilitary.com)

SP-12 front sight & flash hider combo

SP-12 combo is designed to be attached to those Saiga 12 shotguns, which do not have barrel thread. This combination of front sight & flash hider improves accuracy and suppress the flash when firing a gun

sp_12.jpg

It is a clamp on AK type front sight base to increase sight length, with a threaded muzzle adapter for non threaded guns. There is also a non threaded version for guns that already have a threaded muzzle.

No I ment this link. http://www.onpointsupply.com/cart.php?targ...substring=saiga

So can I shoot it without adding an external choke or will it mess something up on the threads?

It looks like polychoke wants people to send their guns to their factory to do the install... It's not just something I can screw on myself? I really like the idea of an adjustable choke but I don't really want to send it to a factory... :-(

Also does a slug have any problems passing threw a tight choke or will it damage it in anyway?

Edited by Joeddox