Who does conversions besides Tromix

I waited 1 day too long and now Tromix is backlogged until 2009! :cryss:

Can anyone recommend another company that does quality conversions? I just want a basic conversion (pistol grip, stock)

Talk to Will at Red Jacket

http://www.redstick-firearms.com/index.html

+1 Will is doing a S-12 for me as we speak. I also noticed the JAMMER is soliciting business and he has a sterling (or is it gold) reputation as well. There are a number of folks who do the conversions but those come to mind. Dinzag can help you find the parts to do it yourself. Enjoy!

+1 Will is doing a S-12 for me as we speak. I also noticed the JAMMER is soliciting business and he has a sterling (or is it gold) reputation as well. There are a number of folks who do the conversions but those come to mind. Dinzag can help you find the parts to do it yourself. Enjoy!

I'll go check it out when he's finished and break it in real good for you! :haha:

I'll go check it out when he's finished and break it in real good for you! :haha:

Did you want me to send you a MD Drum to break in as well? I expect it to be operating smoothly and flawlessly following your break in. :haha:

you could always do it yourself

+1, nothing like doing it yourself. If you are just going for a basic conversion, it is very easy, and self satisfying to convert one. Then you can look at it like " I did that!" If you read the conversion details in the tech section you will see that there isn't much to it. Even those who claim to be all thumbs can do it with ease.

Even those who claim to be all thumbs can do it with ease.

That aimed at me ? because well i'm pretty sped and i managed to do the x39, the shotty is up as soon as i get a free weekend

Try Matt or Ken at C&S Metal Werks. They're only a few miles from me, They handle all my Saiga-12 transfers, and they do about anything you'd need to a Saiga. Shorten Barrel, Gas Tube, move Trigger Group forward, install H&K front and rear sights, etc.

They're also the company that does the Krinker Plinker, and that's their tooling for that model. I know they don't have any Saiga-12's in stock right now, so you'd need to send one in, or buy one they already did conversions to.

636-928-1511

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Depending on where you live, you can find an AK build party in your area. Saigas are far easier to convert, than building an AK from a parts kit.

So why do so many people here pay to have conversions done? I still haven't gotten my Saiga yet but when i get it, I want to convert mine.

I have built 5 AKs so far out of parts kits (including one rebarrel), are there going to be any surprises when converting a Saiga?

Depending on where you live, you can find an AK build party in your area. Saigas are far easier to convert, than building an AK from a parts kit.

So why do so many people here pay to have conversions done? I still haven't gotten my Saiga yet but when i get it, I want to convert mine.

I have built 5 AKs so far out of parts kits (including one rebarrel), are there going to be any surprises when converting a Saiga?

No, you will be fine...

I have converted a Saiga .308 and it was very easy for me. I would also do my Saiga 12 but there are a couple of things I want that I don't have either the skill or the equipment for (yet). I want the old fire control pin holes to be welded up. It is hard to do this without distorting the reciever. Also, I want my barrel shortened and re-threaded. This requires a lathe that I don't have. So, for me, paying someone else to complete this work makes sense. I was also stoked on a Tromix build until I found out about the incredibly long waiting list. However, I talked to Will at Red Jacket firearms this morning. I have to say, this is one nice guy. Patient, helpfull, reasonable prices and very knowlegable. I will be sending my shotgun to him for conversion.