Magwells for Saiga-12, stick mags and drums!!!!

My Q: Do they have a serial # like (Thompson Drums)? 2) Q: Now Magazines... Is there anyway to have a clear plastic sliver of a window to SEE your ammo supply much like the drums?

I wasn't planning on serial numbering the drums. I am still kind of rolling this around in my head though. I am going to a meeting Wednesday to heat stake and sonic weld the gears I have together. To see which process turns out best. I would think the guy doing the demo (sells the equipment) would have something to melt/imprint a serial number in as well. I'll ask about the possibilities of it.

As far as a plastic window in the stick mag... I am going to see what I can do. If it means the window would make it a 2 piece body I highly doubt I'll do it. It might be that the window could be molded around to make it permanently inserted. I'll ask a few guys what the possibilities are here. I'll be talking more about the new stick mag soon. It is going to have some very nice features that I don't want to discuss just yet. Once I get a little farther in the process of producing it I'll let a little more info out.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jake there's nothing about the PG conversion that will work against the magwell install. There is a mod to the receiver to install the magwell but it can be done to an already converted gun. As long as you are not planning to replace the mag catch with a real AK one then you should be fine.

Cobra,

Thanks for your help bro! I'd like to have your LRBHO and MD's magwell on my gun. I'm planning on getting the gun refinished after the conversion. Should I wait to get the magwell prior to refinishing or is the reciever mod a minor thingy?

Jake

I better let Mike answer that one, as I've still not installed mine yet. I wouldn't think you would mess up your finish by installing any of the new parts though.

It would be ideal to wait on the finish until you get the magwell installed. Not critical or anything though. There would just be a couple small edges that was bare metal if you didn't wait to finish. And the very most of those edges wouldn't be visible. But if a hand tool or something got away from you while installing, it would probably hurt your feelings if you had you new finish on already. Cobra is correct in that installing the magwell will be no different for a factory or converted gun.

Mike, just wondering if you could confirm whether or not there's going to be a mag well to work with the current drum? It looks like with the really short tower on the drum, the mag well would have to be virtually non existent towards the front.

I will be releasing a magwell that will work with drums evetually. It will take a little more testing and will follow the stick only version.

Mike, just wondering if you could confirm whether or not there's going to be a mag well to work with the current drum? It looks like with the really short tower on the drum, the mag well would have to be virtually non existent towards the front.

I will be releasing a magwell that will work with drums evetually. It will take a little more testing and will follow the stick only version.

Mike ,

Will the drum magwell work with stick mag?

I should have 4 different versions of the STICK ONLY magwell between Friday and Monday (lets hope for Friday!). I narrowed it down from about 10 different versions. I will post pics of the 4 versions and make a poll to see what people like the best. I might not go with the poll results though. I'll only be making one of the versions. It is looking like the stick only magwell will be out by Spring. The new stick mag will more than likely follow it by a couple months or so.

Mike ,

Will the drum magwell work with stick mag?

Yes, The drum magwell will take sticks and drums.

I should have 4 different versions of the STICK ONLY magwell between Friday and Monday (lets hope for Friday!). I narrowed it down from about 10 different versions. I will post pics of the 4 versions and make a poll to see what people like the best. I might not go with the poll results though. I'll only be making one of the versions. It is looking like the stick only magwell will be out by Spring. The new stick mag will more than likely follow it by a couple months or so.

Thanks Mike.

Mike I'm just about ready to buy 4 of the AGP 10 rounder mags and cut them down to 8 rounders with the TROMIX base plates however…I have a few more questions :rolleyes: about your pending magwell and the NEW drop free mags your going to produce along with it.

My first question is have you considered molding "ribs " into the body of your new drop free mags so the TROMIX base plates can be used to customize the mags to 6 or 8 round lengths, second are we still on track that the current use AGP 10 rounders and the factory 5 rounders WILL be useable with your new magwell with some minor modification (they just won't drop free like yours will) and third there seems to be quite a bit of interest in RELIABLE 8 round mags for the S-12 not only here on this forum but also at warriortalk, is there any way at all you can be talked into making your new dropfree mags 8 rounders or at least able to be modified with the TROMIX plates as I described ?

BTW Mike much appreciation on the great ideas and future products you have come up with, they are going to make the S-12 the "GO TO !" weapon of choice for many more people in the future.

Tromix only made 30 or so of the base plates and has no intention of making more due to cost. Would be silly to base a mag design on something like that IMHO.

Edited by 1911

Update on the magwell prototypes. They should arrive February 4th, next Tuesday. They was delayed because the cad files I sent was too large for their equipment. I had to reduce the resolution some.

Update on the magwell prototypes. They should arrive February 4th, next Tuesday. They was delayed because the cad files I sent was too large for their equipment. I had to reduce the resolution some.

:super::super::super::super:

Mike would Jeric extended mag release work with your magwell?

Thanks

USP40

Thanks

USP40

Yep, I made sure of it. Had to make a slight change from the factory design to make it work clean.

Mike,

I'm a cool guy, I think I should be one of the prototype testers. I do have Russian 8 round and AGP 10 round magazines.

Or, failing that, what are you looking for to get on the buy list.

DeBee

Edited by oldandslow

Thanks

USP40

Yep, I made sure of it. Had to make a slight change from the factory design to make it work clean.

Thanks Mike.

Mike,

I'm a cool guy, I think I should be one of the prototype testers. I do have Russian 8 round and AGP 10 round magazines.

DeBee

Got any good lookin daughters over 18....Mike might be lookin for a secretary or two for trade :haha:

I've got an old wife. She's good at whining. Is that worth anything in trade?

Mike,

DeBee

Got any good lookin daughters over 18....Mike might be lookin for a secretary or two for trade :haha:

Edited by oldandslow
Mike,

DeBee

I am only getting one of each design and wasn't planning on sending them out, sorry. I'm not ready to take orders for the magwell yet. I have my hands so damn full at the moment I couldn't handle the extra load of work to do so. Not that it is work to let my site take orders but it would no doubt cause an increase in emails and inquires wondering about it. I have already been struggling to keep up with drum inquires for around a month now! Also I am not sure on pricing yet.

Mike,

DeBee

I definatly need 2, 4 , or 6 good secretaries :angel: . One to answer the phone for me (badly needed) and the others, well....! :lolol:

I've got an old wife. She's good at whining. Is that worth anything in trade?

Let me think about that....Hell Noooo!!!! :lolol::haha: I have heard so much whining ( whining = bitching, moaning, complaining, nagging, harassing, torturing, pestering, and everything I can't find the word for) lately... that it has almost seemed like the right thing to do to test my drum on myself. :eek:

May i make a modest suggestion?

Have all whiners, moaners, pesterers, harassers ect. come and do it in person. A suitable waiting area should be provided. - Somewhere in the target area of the test firing range!

Have all whiners, moaners, pesterers, harassers ect. come and do it in person. A suitable waiting area should be provided. - Somewhere in the target area of the test firing range!

:lolol:

The "whining" has come from my girlfriend (now x-girlfriend). My customers have been GREAT! I have only had 2 customers that were getting upset. I quickly remedied them for own my well being and sanity by issuing them a refund on the deposit and being done with it, problem solved. I can't say a cross word about the patience and understanding my customers, as a whole, have given me!!! If only she could have been as understanding...

The "whining" has come from my girlfriend (now x-girlfriend). My customers have been GREAT! I have only had 2 customers that were getting upset. I quickly remedied them for own my well being and sanity by issuing them a refund on the deposit and being done with it, problem solved. I can't say a cross word about the patience and understanding my customers, as a whole, have given me!!! If only she could have been as understanding...

Thats all right Mike, she will be sorry when you are rich and famous ;)

Damn dude. Now you REALLY need some help. And I'm Not talking Picking up the phone either. Well, "Valla Con Dios". Now you can stay focused. FMJ.