Magwells for Saiga-12, stick mags and drums!!!!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As a professional Monday morning quarterback, it seems to me the magwells were pretty much done before the drums. I think it would have been beneficial to release the magwells first and then the drum. However, I also completely understand that Mike wanted the magwells and drums to work together, thus having the ultimate product on the market.

Oh well.

I'll bet there'd be a whole lot less bitchers if they all had magwells in their hands while waiting for the drum.

Edited by DavePAL84
As a professional Monday morning quarterback, it seems to me the magwells were pretty much done before the drums. I think it would have been beneficial to release the magwells first and then the drum. However, I also completely understand that Mike wanted the magwells and drums to work together, thus having the ultimate product on the market.

Oh well.

I'll bet there'd be a whole lot less bitchers if they all had magwells in their hands while waiting for the drum.

What good is a magwell without the mags to go in it?????????

Oh well.

What good is a magwell without the mags to go in it?????????

Couldn't they (the mags) be easily modded to fit the magwell? Just like the Russian model? I know there are many members with dozens of AGP mags. I certainly hope those will be able to be modded to fit the MD magwell as well. Otherwise a lot of people will have useless mags when they install the MD magwell....

Couldn't they (the mags) be easily modded to fit the magwell? Just like the Russian model? I know there are many members with dozens of AGP mags. I certainly hope those will be able to be modded to fit the MD magwell as well. Otherwise a lot of people will have useless mags when they install the MD magwell....

Useless mags!

Exactly!

Ask yourself do you REALLY want to risk ruining your current mags?

They are designing NEW mags to fit the magwell.

You can always selll your AGPs to those of us that don't need or use a magwell.

Useless mags!

Exactly!

Ask yourself do you REALLY want to risk ruining your current mags?

They are designing NEW mags to fit the magwell.

You can always selll your AGPs to those of us that don't need or use a magwell.

Okay Will. You're right. No one can argue with you because you already know. :ded:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Now that drums are shipping is there any further news on the magwells? I have a Saiga 12 enroute to me but don't know what if any magazines to order since I don't know which will work with the magwell. Or if the magwell is still a long ways down the road or even still in the works. How about an update?

Now that drums are shipping is there any further news on the magwells? I have a Saiga 12 enroute to me but don't know what if any magazines to order since I don't know which will work with the magwell. Or if the magwell is still a long ways down the road or even still in the works. How about an update?

Personally.... I wouldn't even throw this question out there for MD ARMS's consideration or response.... for at least another six to twelve months. Just my opinion.

:rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
Mike got my drum in and love it.

QUESTION- Will it work with your magwell as is or will I have to modify it at some point?

Question- will I have to buy a different drum from you in the future for your magwell to work for me?

Question- How are you handling your new found success and fame?

If you went and used the search function you would see that, his plan is/was to make a couple different mag wells. the first one he plans to release would only work with the stock or AGP mags. later he would release a magwell that would work with both the CURRENT production drums AND the AGP/stock mags. Right now I think he still has his hands full with the production of the drums. In most of our opinions it will likely still at least a couple months to a year befor you could actually have a magwell in your hands.

CJG

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm watching this thread too.

I have a 2nd run drum on order and I would love a magwell that would work with it (as well as stick mags). Hopefully the new Surefire mags will work with the mag well too. Crossing my fingers.....

Corbin

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I dont know about drum / stick magazine..magwell but the magwell itself is not dead. No date, but more sooner then later.

Just some advice. MD, it will serve you well to give a regular update on the status, even if it's nothing changed. It gives people confidence in your word.

That said, I am eagerly awaiting this, but am curious if there is a place to get the factory magwell. At this point, I don't care about optimization, just want something that is better then what I have.