Magwells for Saiga-12, stick mags and drums!!!!

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You gonna give the guys who pre-ordered your drum a pre-order discount on magwells??? Just a thought!

BTW you bastard, You have my money now for your stupid fucking drum. :lol: I swore I'd never buy one. I don't need it, but it's just too damn cool. :wub: 165 now or 215 in a couple weeks? bah! There! you have my money!

I do shoot competitively, and I do use $800 drums when I'm using rules that allow them. I'm happy to be ONLY paying under $300 for these drums to do the same thing :)

And I want mag wells, damn it :D

Alex

Drop it like a lie from Hillary's lips, sure enough :)

It may be big and heavy, but that big custom pig of a shotgun works every...single...time and does it with drop free magazines and reliable 20-round drums. I can beat Saiga reloads from guys that have been running 'em at 3-Gun matches for the last six-odd years (before Saigas were cool ;) ), just because of the drop-free and straight-insert functionality and not any great level of inate talent. However, the cycle time isn't as fast as a Saiga and it weighs in close to twice as much. Luckily I weigh in close to twice as much as the average shooter too :D

I am certain that a Saiga with drop-free straight-insert magazines will be the hot ticket, much less a short-gas-system mid-barrel-comp 18.1" (to the end of the permanent section) Poly-choke HellSaiga. All I need is the mag wells...the rest is in prototype at Dreadnaught Industries/WFCG right now ;)

Alex

I have three Saiga-12s', I will buy three mag wells.

I will not buy a drum.

What is your market survey for drums?

You will sell a mag well to every Saiga 12 owner. (Aint' it fun to give my opinion when I have no stake in the outcome, wait a second, I need a magwell for all 3 of my Saigas' to whip my competitors in 3-Gun matches.)

You will sell a drum to 1 of every hundred Saiga 12 owners. (How can I know this? I don't. I do know that I can't use a drum in competition). The Europeans can use a drum in their Action Shotgun matches (Action meaning "run and gun") But can I load two magazines faster than 1 drum? Would I speed load a drum? Would I drop a beta mag? No and No. I am not going to drop a $300+ drum.

Obviously, my opinion is that you "pump out" the mag wells.

Wishing you success in any event.

Go mag wells.

Some matches allow the drum over here. I'm hoping that changing the drum with the magwell won't be much slower than changing sticks. I been thinking of a pouch on a molly rig or something, so you don't have to remove it from the pouch. I think fishing a drum from a pouch would be what added the most time in a mag change.

Dropping the drum full isn't going tear it up, you might get a scratch here and there but it isn't going to bust or anything like that. So comp guys (that are allowed to use them) shouldn't have any problem since theirs will be empty or at least not full, and maybe in a pouch (added cushion).

At the time you can get 2 drums for just over $300. Even when the price goes up it will be signifiganly less than 3+ at $215 plus shipping.

Also to note, I can't wait to get the comp guys the magwells. Thanks for the best wishes.

You gonna give the guys who pre-ordered your drum a pre-order discount on magwells??? Just a thought!

BTW you bastard, You have my money now for your stupid fucking drum. :lol: I swore I'd never buy one. I don't need it, but it's just too damn cool. :wub: 165 now or 215 in a couple weeks? bah! There! you have my money!

Thanks for the order! :haha::lolol: I don't know what I'll do with the magwells yet in terms of $ and orders.

I do shoot competitively, and I do use $800 drums when I'm using rules that allow them. I'm happy to be ONLY paying under $300 for these drums to do the same thing :)

And I want mag wells, damn it :D

Alex

Even though your USAS-12 drums don't break when you drop them I'm sure it will be a easier dropping cheaper drums with a stronger construction. I tried to make my drum a USAS-12 drum on steriods!

• 3 weeks later...

MD,

Ok, I admit I didn't read this entire thread, but how hard is the magwell install? Does it require cutting the reciever or drilling something? I'm planning on getting my gun converted and was wondering if I should hold off on the conversion until your magwell is ready.

Thanks,

Jake

Jake there's nothing about the PG conversion that will work against the magwell install. There is a mod to the receiver to install the magwell but it can be done to an already converted gun. As long as you are not planning to replace the mag catch with a real AK one then you should be fine.

I ordered one of the Drums. My Q: Do they have a serial # like (Thompson Drums)? 2) Q: Now Magazines... Is there anyway to have a clear plastic sliver of a window to SEE your ammo supply much like the drums?Also, thank You Very much Mike for your contribution (And other aftermarket producers,TROMIX) I can see MDARMS.com with a lot of goodies on the horizon. Can't wait to complete my s12. Thanks for the Forum and everyone else invovled. I feel we have something special here. And I just want to share. I love you all !!! FMJ.

Jake there's nothing about the PG conversion that will work against the magwell install. There is a mod to the receiver to install the magwell but it can be done to an already converted gun. As long as you are not planning to replace the mag catch with a real AK one then you should be fine.

Cobra,

Thanks for your help bro! I'd like to have your LRBHO and MD's magwell on my gun. I'm planning on getting the gun refinished after the conversion. Should I wait to get the magwell prior to refinishing or is the reciever mod a minor thingy?

Jake

Cobra,

Thanks for your help bro! I'd like to have your LRBHO and MD's magwell on my gun. I'm planning on getting the gun refinished after the conversion. Should I wait to get the magwell prior to refinishing or is the reciever mod a minor thingy?

Jake

I better let Mike answer that one, as I've still not installed mine yet. I wouldn't think you would mess up your finish by installing any of the new parts though.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh! Mailman cometh! I'll be in the shop the rest of the day, it looks like....

Also got some other misc. nifty black things and a very nice piece of very strong and well designed clear plastic, in a round shape with the letters USA visible showing thru it, although backwards. :haha: Dude this ain't no weak brittle material AT ALL! If the black stuf,f that the rest of it is constructed of, is even stronger than this then it will be able to take a full drop to cement with no probs! :super:

AWESOME Mike! ........awesome!

Look out Saiga, here I come! :devil: