AK Buttstock Question

Lets say I buy the Tapco AK (US-Made) buttstock for my S-12, do I need to do any special cutting to make it fit into the receiver or is there anything else I should know about doing this?

I've been a long time lurker, 2 or 3 time poster so I was just curious.

I want to make this thing look pretty original.

Thanks,

Edited by Richard
It'll just screw in place, after you convert the shotty.

Do you have to convert to use a stock for a stamped receiver?

No, you don't have to convert, but you will have a really really funny gripping style. The grip of the factory saiga is part of the monte carlo stock. The T6 has no such grip angle built in.

All Saigas have stamped receivers.

It'll just screw in place, after you convert the shotty.

Do you have to convert to use a stock for a stamped receiver?

No, you don't have to convert, but you will have a really really funny gripping style. The grip of the factory saiga is part of the monte carlo stock. The T6 has no such grip angle built in.

All Saigas have stamped receivers.

I was just curious, I do not want to shell out 300 dollars to someone local I really do not have a history of knowing anything about for a basic compliance/pistol grip conversion on my Saiga. Plus I wanted to learn the ropes myself and I didn't want to see anything come out of left field while converting.

Thanks for the info.

I was just curious, I do not want to shell out 300 dollars to someone local I really do not have a history of knowing anything about for a basic compliance/pistol grip conversion on my Saiga. Plus I wanted to learn the ropes myself and I didn't want to see anything come out of left field while converting.

Thanks for the info.

$300 to someone local for just a basic conversion (move/replace the FCG and put on a pistol grip and buttstock) is highway robbery.

If you live around Houston, Texas, you can come to my place and do it yourself.

You should be able to get the required parts for around $100. If you're ordering, check out JSE Surplus. They carry all the parts you will need (FG - $27, SAW pistol grip - $17, T6 stock - $45). They also have reasonable shipping and great customer service.

You will need a couple of odds and ends - a pistol grip nut and some clips to hold the trigger and hammer pins in place. Check out nalioth's post in the Tech Section on how to use cotter pins to replace the wire retainer.

You're right that doing it yourself is the best way to learn about your weapon. It's also very satisying when you finish!

Jim