First Time I've Seen this

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:Five-seveN_USG.jpg

I handled one in a local gun shop. Odd looking, Light as hell. I'd say everthing but the essentials were a poly. This gun weighed no more than a squirt gun but it fires a bullet at 2000 FPS? Less recoil than a .38 according to the gun owner.... I don't think I could trust a gun that was so.... plastic. Any thoughts? anyone fired one? 20rd mags? Crazy.

Never held or shot one,but my friend Jim said the same thing when he held one. Seemed cheap. If price is any indication of quality it must be awesome!LOL

You have to admit thats a badass round for a pistol. Plus its made in Belgium so it can't be that bad. Hopefully someone will post with hands on experience.

Fires the same round as the FN PS-90 & P-90. Guys that have them seem to love them and the advantage of twenty rounds is obvious. To defeat body armor you have to either find some reloads or some of the old SS190. Headshots only without. I thought about it, but there is something comforting about a 1911 .45ACP that I have carried for years. I have seven rounds, but they are flying ashtrays. To really get some firepower with little additional cost get a PS-90. Fun little gun.

For additional info go to http://www.fivesevenforum.net/ and join. Better to just read because it is moderated with a heavy hand.

I rented one about 4 or 5 months ago. It was on an indoor range so no long distance data, but I read that the trajectory was flat as a pancake. Front sight was smallish, but it actually helped the MOA with more distant targets. Until the five seven I've never heard of pistol shooting at 50 to 75 yards.

There was almost zero recoil despite the low weight and I almost didn't have to re-aquire my sight picture before each shot. It was LOUD though, loud enough for me to tell wearing my ears. Ammo price is still a tad steep but it's coming down.

What I don't like about the five seven is also what I do like. When I think of a pistol, I think of something for close range with a heavy bullet that has a minimal chance of over penetration. This guy wants to be a carbine. I think when youre at actual pistol ranges those 5.7s are gonna have a good chance of causing some secondary injury problems. Not good for home defense or LE/SO work.

I agree with the "flying ashtrays". I'm all for 1-shot-stop. I'm sure the 5.7 is a nasty little round, but I'd rather put the guy down with 1 or 2 shots rather than him dying of lead poisoning. Additionally, the gun feels like a cheap airsoft to me. I thinnk Para makes a 9mm that holds 19 rounds, I'd go for that instead if I were all for mag cap. My .02

I have both the PS-90 and the 5/7 pistol. I love them both. The pistol shoots straight and trigger is nice. I carried my .45 for years, but the 5/7 is way lighter. If you are worried about the bullet going thru somebody, load it with the 40 grain Hornady V-max bullets, they explode into little bitty pieces of copper and lead. I shoot the same v-max bullets in my 17hmr at crows and cats. The crows explode into a pile of feathers and the cats get a nice little hole going in and a base ball sized on on the other side. If you want to do MAJOR damage, get what I saw at the range last weekend, 12 gauge rifled slug in V-max, the guy said they do damage like he has never seen before.

It is made by federal. What it says on the box he gave me is: 12ga, 2 3/4in, 1.0 oz, hollow point maximum, but what he showed me was definitly a V-max, at first I thought it was a sabot, but when I put on my glasses, it had the same red plastic in the tip. My son in-law shoots 12 ga rifled slugs, so I'll ask him to make sure. Ain't no way in hell I'm going to shoot this stuff. Craig wanted me to shoot his gun with 3" slugs off our back deck, He's about 6' and well over 200lbs, that gun would rock him back, my little 145lb ass, it would knock me off the deck.

And on another note, I stopped by the gun store this afternoon, and low and behold, they where discussing building a bolt action 5.7 x 28, I tried to convince him that a 5.7 upper for the AR would sell better, and the 5.7 ammo is not 25$ a box, I buy it for 17.95 all day long, so let's see, 20 round of good .223 is about 12.50 a box, 50 rounds will set you back over $30, and I pay 17.95 for 50 rounds for factory FN ammo. The 5.7 is not a .22 bullet, but it's funny, on my class 3 paperwork for my .223 silencer, it was listed as .22 caliber. The 5.7 bullet is actually larger than the .223, but it's a matter of choice, like and dislike, and purpose of use, and yes, at 50 yards, I can hit the target with the pistol, but it's more fun with the PS-90, 50 round mag, put the red dot on the target and just pepper the hell out of it. Yes, the pistol is a bit pricey, but I feel it's worth every penny, and to make all the 1911'ers happy, the toy store is now building me MY OWN 1911 custom gun, tricked out with all the goodies, and engraved just for me.

Termite

Hello Termite:

You say, "and to make all the 1911'ers happy, the toy store is now building me MY OWN 1911 custom gun, tricked out with all the goodies, and engraved just for me."

I must tell you that I am delighted with your choice of new handgun. As a similiar peace offering I will tell you that I own a PS-90 and I too find it to be a hoot to shoot. Gilbert's sells it at $18.50/box for 2,000 case. I thought I paid a little less than that but I am starting to have the occasional brain fart, so who knows. Where is your deck located? Congratulations again on your new 1911 project, you're sure to be pleased.

:):):):) The DECK is located right out side my back door, 20x18. We live out in the boonies, but if you shoot my hot tub, I'll be really pissed off, it's on the deck also. PM me and I'll tell you where to purchase the 5.7 ammo, or if you want the .223 or x39 in V-max, go to www.wisconsincartridge.com, their site is down until later this weekend, for upgrades, but I and everyone at the range that has tried it, loves his ammo. I gave a 100 round box to the gun shop, and they have asked for 5000 rounds, but Scott has said that he is limiting orders to 2000 rounds at a time, which is what I order. Didn't mean to hijack this thread with ammo plugs and 1911 stuff.

Yep, they have started offering anything and everything that you could want in custom built guns, IF you are allowed to own and can pay for it. I just have always wanted my own 1911, custom made for me, what I want, as I want. Mark brought out one today that he has almost finished with bull barrel and engraved, but the grips looked like crap, but hey, it's to each their own. When I say "bull barrel", I don't mean a big honking think barrel, but it is thicker than standard that is on my old 1911. No slop to be found anywhere in the gun. If I can get by there this weekend, and remember to take the camera, I'll try and post a pic. And if it is legal where you live, there is a short barrel option out there for the PS-90.

Termite

If shooting the cats, offends anyone, then I'm sorry, GET OVER IT. These are wild ones, that ASSHOLES dump out and then they breed with what ever is in the woods. Has anyone ever seen a damn cross eyed, calico colored cat that looked like a bob cat in the face and weighed over 20 pounds, but OH, I'm sorry again, I should let these poor little kittys just tear up anything they want to, spray anywhere they want, and shit all in my wifes flower beds. OH, and let's don't forget about the coyotes and POOR little wild piggies that keep coming around, poor, poor little animals. If you eat my garden, threaten my wife while walking the dog, or root up my property, I will shoot you, and IF you are eatable, you will be cooked, either grilled or something, if not, your ass will be in the dump. Cat is really not bad tasting, I had it when in Taiwan, chewy, but filling.

I posted the wrong info on the slugs for the 12 ga. They are made by Hornady, box says SST shotgun slug, and is rated at 2000fps at the muzzle, and at 150 yards it claims to be 0.0", but -6.7" at 200, god forbid they print the energy at these ranges.

And as far "what kind of place I live in". I live in a fricking new 4 bedroom house on 7 acres out in the damn woods, full basement, because I'm sick and fucking tired off all the assholes that live in the cities and the rat race, and YES, we have running water and don't have to shit off the rail of the deck in the winter time to keep from freezing to death when running to the out house, but I have pissed off it , and have even pissed from the seat of the tractor so I did not have to shut off the bush hog. So I guess "what kind of place I live in" is peaceful, I can piss off my deck anytime I choose, I can piss off my front porch if I choose, I can run or walk naked thru the woods if I choose, but best of all, I can shoot my guns ANYTIME I choose, right out my back door or front door, IF I CHOOSE. I don't have to put up with the concrete, "brick yards", or a neighbors with their ears to their wall, listening to me making the head board of the bed bump the wall. THAT'S "what kind of place I live in", it's MINE, it's PAID FOR, it's MY peace and quite, and I'll protect it, and shoot crows and cats, anytime I choose.

I posted the wrong info on the slugs for the 12 ga. They are made by Hornady, box says SST shotgun slug, and is rated at 2000fps at the muzzle, and at 150 yards it claims to be 0.0", but -6.7" at 200, god forbid they print the energy at these ranges.

And as far "what kind of place I live in". I live in a fricking new 4 bedroom house on 7 acres out in the damn woods, full basement, because I'm sick and fucking tired off all the assholes that live in the cities and the rat race, and YES, we have running water and don't have to shit off the rail of the deck in the winter time to keep from freezing to death when running to the out house, but I have pissed off it , and have even pissed from the seat of the tractor so I did not have to shut off the bush hog. So I guess "what kind of place I live in" is peaceful, I can piss off my deck anytime I choose, I can piss off my front porch if I choose, I can run or walk naked thru the woods if I choose, but best of all, I can shoot my guns ANYTIME I choose, right out my back door or front door, IF I CHOOSE. I don't have to put up with the concrete, "brick yards", or a neighbors with their ears to their wall, listening to me making the head board of the bed bump the wall. THAT'S "what kind of place I live in", it's MINE, it's PAID FOR, it's MY peace and quite, and I'll protect it, and shoot crows and cats, anytime I choose.

I don't think Mrs. Clinton or PETA would approve of your irresponsible gun use. :haha:

I'm envious man! Sounds like the first place I had. Until I parted with the first Mrs. Badman that is... :rolleyes:

As far as the cats go...If the owner wanted it that much, they'd take care of it and keep it out of my yard! :haha:

I handled one in a local gun shop. Odd looking, Light as hell. I'd say everthing but the essentials were a poly. This gun weighed no more than a squirt gun but it fires a bullet at 2000 FPS? Less recoil than a .38 according to the gun owner.... I don't think I could trust a gun that was so.... plastic. Any thoughts? anyone fired one? 20rd mags? Crazy.

I used to have a couple of the IOM (round trigger guard). Talk about a sweet pistol. Point of aim is the same at 100 yards, no shit. You can get a mag extension that will make the 20rd mags hold 30rds and they only add about an inch and a half out the grip. Super light and super controllable. Also you can find them a lot cheaper than $1000. You can find them easy for more like $750 to $800. That is for the USG version, the IOM version is rare and are around $1000. You can also get aftermarket AP, AP Tracers, and incendiary for them.

I bought one new and had for about 2 weeks. Ammo was hard to find and it jammed so frequently that I sold it.

I bought one new and had for about 2 weeks. Ammo was hard to find and it jammed so frequently that I sold it.

Edited by MAA

That's odd, I never had a single hang up. I only shot a few rounds out of one of them but fired the hell out of the other.

That's odd, I never had a single hang up. I only shot a few rounds out of one of them but fired the hell out of the other.

Mine worked perfectly. Fired a total of 210 rounds through with no problems whatsoever. I just decided I wanted something different. Sold it for the same amount I paid. :smoke:

Mrs. Clinton reminds me of the Arkansas Surgeons joke on here, as far as PETA= People Eating Tasty Animals. The ammo is not that pricey as everyone thinks, if you'll take the time to search. It's nothing out of the norm to run 1-200 rounds thru my PS90 on any given weekend and maybe that much thru my 5/7 pistol, only bad thing is that it's not me doing most of the shooting. My nephew has found him a new love, my damn PS90, and the pistol does draw some attention at the range. The trigger is so light that if I get it right, I have been asked if I was "bump shooting it". How do you bump shoot a pistol. And I AM LAID BACK, I was having withdrawals last night, so I had to go and take care of the problem, shoot a 30 round mag from the Lusa 9mm, heavy snort of smoke, shoot another, heavy snort of smoke, and the last one did the trick, Termite is one with the world. Sorry if I offended anyone, but I have animals, I keep the up, too good, the cat has her own 3'x4' bed downstairs, the dog aka QUEEN of the house, gets to sleep in the bed with us, 5lb little rotten bitch. My animals don't shit in the neighbor's yard, they don't scratch up their Dodge dually, they don't tear up their garbage, they sure as hell don't howl all hours of the night, they don't run wild thru their land chasing the deer that they are feeding, they don't sleep in the road and expect them to drive around them as if they owned it. The cats that I have capped are wild and mean as hell, but we did use the furs for coats, gloves and hats and grilled the meat, so Peta should be OK with this. BarBQ pussy taste nice. :):):):):)