Kel-Tec PLR16 - Anyone have one? Which mags do you use?

I just picked up a Kel-Tec PLR16 and i was just wondering if anyone has had any experience with it. Does it take ALL AR15/M16 mags? Any particular mags to stay away from?

Thanks for any info.

For anyone who isnt firmiliar with this particular weapon:

http://www.kel-tec-cnc.com/images/plr16_pic03.gif

This is exactly how mine looks, minus the scope.. plan on getting a halo sight

*edit* this probably should have went in the Pistols section, but too late now. :unsure:

Edited by KC913
I've run the following brands through it:

Colt

OKAY

CProducts

Bushmaster... not sure who manuf them for BM

Magpul

Beta

Orlite

DPH?

No probs from any manufacturer... but personally I don't care too much for the Orlites as they tend to not lock up in some of my AR receivers.

CMI makes mags for Colt, and Bushmaster and many other "brand names". Never heard of DPH brand AR15 mags.

For good mags, and excellent service, go to http://www.44mag.com

The owner works on Sundays to fill orders.

I like Keltec because they have some of the same weapon ideas I have, like a front forend that splits into a bipod. im not sure how feasible that is, maybe it's just pure gimmick but original thinking goes a long way with me.

And if I were a gun-hating lib I'd be a lot more frightened of a bipod than a forward grip. You know- Sniper stigma.

post-7657-1190651986_thumb.jpg

Edited by dayan inikhaton
  • 1 year later...

So would you consider the plr16 a fun plinker or a good go gun to hide in a bacK pack. I heard that it is deafening indoors to the point blood shoots out your ears. I have a similiar post about the sub 2000 as a gun not to draw attention in a shtf scenario. The saiga 7.62 would be for defending a house but any emergency travel I would like something small and powerful. Another member suggested a cz-52 because of it's awesome penetration if I get in a skirmish car to car. I just have the "gun" bug. the keltec would be an expensive item compared to the cz-52.