Where to buy side scope mount?

I used Eastwave Products. be sure to ask for the low-rise mount ( as pictured in the small pictures). It centered over the bore on my 7.62x39 and tightened up well. Shipping was $8.00, IIRC and it was pinned (some from Kalinka haven't been), so it won't move. I wound up needing something w/ a longer rail, so I went w/ another option (beryl-style mount).

• 1 year later...

I just put a fiber optic front sight on my S-12 so I want a small rail for a red dot to sit high enough over the dust cover to still use the sights. I'm thinkin that if there's enough room to get the cover off I can prolly see the iron sights under it but a lot of mounts are claiming to be low. The pics never show a sight picture (from behind the sights) Anybody got any input here.

CarolinaSS, which one is the better choice in your opinion for a Saiga12? The Rear Picatinny rail as a polymer doesnt strike me as something that will hold up if i'm out hunting.

The polymer mount is very rigid and we have found that it will hold up as well as the metal ones. It is very solid. I do like this low mount look the best. We have several types because we all like different looks. Just my opinion.

Greg

post-9063-1236132091_thumb.jpg

I have seen tri rails, dual rails and "low rails." So far I have not seen anything in images here or links to suppliers that clearly shows a red dot ABOVE the iron sights - enough to use both. The advertising images of quartering and side veiws of mounted scopes don't show a true "sight picture."

Now that I have a nice fiber optic there; I'd like to use if if my battery dies. Can anybody offer any more info/images?

Edited by Stellar Rigs
I've used UTG and Kalinka optics mounts ak side mounts.

Can you still use the iron sights/UTG? If so, do you have a link to the "one."

The UTG on an S12 is very low profile so at least it's close to the bore line. I always use the quick detach style so I can take it off if I need the iron sights. I haven't tried one on my 308 yet (it's still under conversion) so I am not sure. I am out of stock on them right now so I can't check for you. I am sure someone here may have tried one.

http://www.leapers.com/pages/mounting_syst...-rail_mount.htm

Leapers/UTG only sells to distributors and I am planning on ordering some next week. Check around the web and you will find a dealer who may have some in stock. When I get more I will check it out for you.

post-12530-1236487619.jpg

I've used UTG and Kalinka optics mounts ak side mounts.

Can you still use the iron sights/UTG? If so, do you have a link to the "one."

The UTG on an S12 is very low profile so at least it's close to the bore line. I always use the quick detach style so I can take it off if I need the iron sights. I haven't tried one on my 308 yet (it's still under conversion) so I am not sure. I am out of stock on them right now so I can't check for you. I am sure someone here may have tried one.

http://www.leapers.com/pages/mounting_syst...-rail_mount.htm

Leapers/UTG only sells to distributors and I am planning on ordering some next week. Check around the web and you will find a dealer who may have some in stock. When I get more I will check it out for you.

post-12530-1236487619.jpg

The Izmash side rail integrated holographic, or Cobra, is from the same maker as as the Saiga rifle. It's made to work as part of a integrated system. Tantal, is the best source. I know from experience, the price, and also, the support, to include the product, is the best.

The Magnified scopes available, will not equal the quick aquisition, and engagement properties of the Cobra.

The Izmash product is tuned to the Saiga!

wadem

Edited by wadem
Tantal, is the best source. I know from experience, the price, and also, the support, to include the product, is the best.

Maybe the best source. But I have yet to order from them due to response times or not even responding to emails. And this was even before the election.

• 8 months later...

CarolinaSS, which one is the better choice in your opinion for a Saiga12? The Rear Picatinny rail as a polymer doesnt strike me as something that will hold up if i'm out hunting.

The polymer mount is very rigid and we have found that it will hold up as well as the metal ones. It is very solid. I do like this low mount look the best. We have several types because we all like different looks. Just my opinion.

Greg

Greg,

I ordered the external receiver block with pistol grip from you for my S-12. Will the Beryl mount install easily in that configuration or would I be better with a side mount?

(sorry for the thread necromancy)

Thanks,

Bill

Does anyone know if the UTG 973 (no quick-detach dual-rail) model sits centered.?? Its says Gen 3.

I know the UT 978 is Gen 5 (buts its a quik-detach).

I found a 973 for a decent price and can't find the original threads covering the UTG side-rail system numbers thing.