Saiga, Trigger, Feed Ramps and Mag Catch

• 2 weeks later...

Nice! I've been looking for some trigger info, this looks like most of the info I want.

What did you use to do the polishing? I've got all sorts of materials, tools, and equipment available, but I've never tried this and don't want to screw it up... I hear people refer to it as "stoning", and I'm assuming they are using sharpenng / polishing stones, but that seems a little impractical for some of the surfaces.

Gunny super jod on the gun, the polishing tips came in handy after a small ammount of " Dremel" time my trigger is super smooth and clean, btw where did you find the split rivets? I would like toused some on my conversion, I used some J.B. quick set to fill mine ,and I like your solution better Karl

Gunny super jod on the gun, the polishing tips came in handy after a small ammount of " Dremel" time my trigger is super smooth and clean, btw where did you find the split rivets? I would like toused some on my conversion, I used some J.B. quick set to fill mine ,and I like your solution better Karl

They were in the slide drawer type of bins at my local hardware.

The total cost with washers was less than a dollar.

They came chromed, but I chucked them in a drill and sanded the chrome off them so they would take the Duracoat.

I used a finish nail set, similar to a center punch to spread the legs, then a pair of long needle nose vise grips to flatten the legs against the washer. They are in tight and there is no movementin the rivet.

DSCF0007.jpg

They were in the slide drawer type of bins at my local hardware.

The total cost with washers was less than a dollar.

They came chromed, but I chucked them in a drill and sanded the chrome off them so they would take the Duracoat.

I used a finish nail set, similar to a center punch to spread the legs, then a pair of long needle nose vise grips to flatten the legs against the washer. They are in tight and there is no movementin the rivet.

DSCF0007.jpg

Added Picatinny rail and an all steel bipod

Picatinny.jpg

Picatinny1.jpg

Picatinny2.jpg

• 2 years later...