Wraithmaker range report.

Well I have to say Alliance Machine has put out a reliable drum. Its a little difficult to load rounds into but I'll get used to that. Feed lip fit into the mag well is tight with little to no slop forward, backward or side to side. I didn't have any problems with the drum feeding rounds but there was a few initial cycles where the first round angle was too steep and marred itself against the top of the feed ramp. The round wasn't marred excessively bad to not chamber but I had to force it slightly.

I'd have to say that the product is good and it will last a long time but I don't think the price tag fits.

The video has me shooting 20rds in the drum and 2 AGP mags.

Wraithmaker & AGP

Edited by MCASgt New River

2 points....

1) you REALLY need an ammo pouch :killer:

2) 40

Good video though. Clear and explained your keypoints (unlike others that simply blow off rounds)

No jams for 7 1/2 birdshot ...I'll have to revisit Remington again when I go light loads

:super:

~Semper Fi

2 points....

1) you REALLY need an ammo pouch :killer:

2) 40

Good video though. Clear and explained your keypoints (unlike others that simply blow off rounds)

No jams for 7 1/2 birdshot ...I'll have to revisit Remington again when I go light loads

:super:

~Semper Fi

>>> 2) 40 = YEAH! I noticed that last night when I uploaded it. DON'T I FEEL LIKE A TOTAL ROCK!!

Anyways, the ammo is your basic value pack from Walmart. Think I paid $41'ish for a single box of 250rds of Rem and $17'ish for 100 of Winchester; same loads; and they functioned almost just as well in my weapon. I have noticed that the Winchester hulls are a little softer them Remington and hence have a greater propensity to deform and cause a failure to feed.

I saw Kmoore in action with his Wrath Maker, he took first place in 3 out of 5 stages!!!! In the last match.

KENNETHPRONE.jpg

GO Kenneth!

I must say that I was impressed with the quality of the Wrath Maker. Well worth the money just wish I had the money

I saw Kmoore in action with his Wrath Maker, he took first place in 3 out of 5 stages!!!! In the last match.

I must say that I was impressed with the quality of the Wrath Maker. Well worth the money just wish I had the money

Thx John! To be fair to the drum, the stages I didn't win were a 10 round stage where I missed a few plates off of the obscurred texas star, and the anti saiga stage(I was impressed with thier creativity, they put 2 anti saiga elements into one stage). They can do that when they dictate exactly what you can load into your gun, when you load it and what you shoot at ... :(

Edited by kmoore

K,

I think you were 45 seconds ahead of Eric! And he had the fastest time on the double Texas Star time. As far as the Anti-Saiga stage well All we can do is the best we can. Compared to a saiga all the stages are anti-tube feeder I guess we can give them one minor stage.

The talk now is that there will be an indoor stage set up for use with you pistol, about 50 or so rounds, then exit the indoor range threw the side door and there will be one stage with 100 targets.

Not too long ago the Fayettville NC F.O.P had a benefit shotgun match and did not allow anything but Tactical division shotguns. There was a $150 entry fee The MD and I had a long discussion about the meaning of the word TACTICAL I mentioned everyone had a box magazine for there rifle and pistol why not the shotgun?

In the end he told me that we could come and shoot something other than a Saiga, or we could shoot just for fun with out the possiblility of winning any prize money.

I wish the TSA rules would gain wider acceptance

Not too long ago the Fayettville NC F.O.P had a benefit shotgun match and did not allow anything but Tactical division shotguns. There was a $150 entry fee The MD and I had a long discussion about the meaning of the word TACTICAL I mentioned everyone had a box magazine for there rifle and pistol why not the shotgun?

In the end he told me that we could come and shoot something other than a Saiga, or we could shoot just for fun with out the possiblility of winning any prize money.

Did you ask them the proper nomenclature for an S12 then?

Apparently, I have been mis-categorizing it as a tactical shotgun.....

(Top, if that sounded snotty... it sure ain't towards you man...)

That anti-Saiga crap is bullshit. If you have to load single rounds in your shotgun, then lets put some rifle and pistol stages in there where you have to load single rounds from your fucking pocket. How well will that go over?

Tony

I should have gamed their stage, but as it was a little part of the big match my thought was "whatever". Time that it is set up, it's too late to do much about it.

Stage ran like this: You had to start with 4 loose rounds on the table. on the buzzer you had to load those and shoot 3 targets and then a 4th target that threw a clay up. For the belly feeder, he could shoot the 3 rounds, load one in the belly, then shoot a 4th and their newly loaded 5th round.

The way I ran it, I had cinched mags with one empty. I loaded 4 into one mag, shot the 3 targets then reloaded into a full mag.

What I should have done was load the 4 into a mag that I wouldn't use, then load a full mag, or, load the 4 rounds into a mag that wasn't empty, or just shot the 4 rounds and lost the bird. It was only 5 seconds anyways.

I was surprised at how much faster the belly fed's did this drill. Their best ran it in 12.62, I ran it in 18.79. I did beat 10 of the 20 belly fed users, but given their skill level that's little consilation.

Tony, you make an excellent point. I believe that's the arguement needed before the stage is set up. You don't see people trying to level the field on open pistols by requiring all rounds be loaded out of a pocket ...

Edited by kmoore

Did you ask them the proper nomenclature for an S12 then?

Apparently, I have been mis-categorizing it as a tactical shotgun.....

(Top, if that sounded snotty... it sure ain't towards you man...)

Everyone knows that the saiga-12 is "sporting" and not tactical, silly. :angel::lolol: K and Top, next time them guys give you shit about the saiga, just smile and tell them maybe it's time to retire to the blackpowder competitons and trade in their automatic rifles and pistols for lever action rifles and SAA pistols to go along with their relic shotguns!!! :super:

That anti-Saiga crap is bullshit. If you have to load single rounds in your shotgun, then lets put some rifle and pistol stages in there where you have to load single rounds from your fucking pocket. How well will that go over?

Tony

I should have gamed their stage, but as it was a little part of the big match my thought was "whatever". Time that it is set up, it's too late to do much about it.

Stage ran like this: You had to start with 4 loose rounds on the table. on the buzzer you had to load those and shoot 3 targets and then a 4th target that threw a clay up. For the belly feeder, he could shoot the 3 rounds, load one in the belly, then shoot a 4th and their newly loaded 5th round.

The way I ran it, I had cinched mags with one empty. I loaded 4 into one mag, shot the 3 targets then reloaded into a full mag.

What I should have done was load the 4 into a mag that I wouldn't use, then load a full mag, or, load the 4 rounds into a mag that wasn't empty, or just shot the 4 rounds and lost the bird. It was only 5 seconds anyways.

I was surprised at how much faster the belly fed's did this drill. Their best ran it in 12.62, I ran it in 18.79. I did beat 10 of the 20 belly fed users, but given their skill level that's little consilation.

Tony, you make an excellent point. I believe that's the arguement needed before the stage is set up. You don't see people trying to level the field on open pistols by requiring all rounds be loaded out of a pocket ...

Kenneth, I don't want to hijack this thread but that stage was an add on, which was not on the original COF for the match. That is why we combined stage one and two into the long stage.

Tony

On a happier note I have several shooters ready to switch and move into the light. One shooter is selling his SPAS 12 for a Saiga 12 he has a good bit of cast so he might be contacting you shortly.