A couple quick questions

Well I now own my first shotgun. I have a basic Saiga-12 with a 19" barrel, no pistol grip and no choke.

Well my first question is that perhaps I didn't do all my research :unsure: and I was wondering if it was possible to add a choke and pistol grip if you don't have one to begin with?

My second question has to do with the gas recoil selector. It came set at 2 (low energy) and I was wondering when I need to set it to 1? Is it only if I'm using magnum 3 inch shells? What about 2 3/4" buckshot or slugs?

thanks

357guy

All of your questions have been answered in previous posts in this forum. Just look around and you should find answers. Most of the topics in this forum are about folks trying to figure out how they can make their civilian shotguns wear a pistol grip legally.

Hey guys thanks for the information. I'm getting educated.

The heavyest load I have shot is 2 3/4" #4 birdshot 3.25 Dram. So I will stick with position 2. I have been looking over some posts and apparently a gunsmith can add a choke, or I can send the gun in and get a specialty one put on? I will probably not bother at least not right away.

I haven't really found an answer to the pistol grip question, maybe I just missed that post...

thanks

Actually, chokes are available from EAA, the importer. If you have a crescent wrench with some leather to protect the metal, you should be able to swap out your chokes yourself. Of course, I am assuming that since you said 19" that you have the threaded barrel 19. If not, then you will need a 'smith.