new S-.223 baby kicks butt at match

Here's my new S-.223 that I recently ran at several IPSC and 3-gun matches. She's the one in the middle, or alone in the pics. I have a quad rail forend coming any day now. Until then, the US replica for the AK-101 forend has been doing the trick.

gallery_108_166_459965.jpg

gallery_108_166_492429.jpg

gallery_108_166_887659.jpg

gallery_108_166_1245789.jpg

gallery_108_166_1000258.jpg

Edited by inparidel
Here's my new S-.223 that I recently ran at several IPSC and 3-gun matches. She's tyh one in the midle, or alone in the pics. I have a quad rail forend coming any day now. Until then, the US replica for the AK-101 forend has been doing the trick.

That's great! I'd like to campaign a Saiga 223 in some matches but it's been years since I had enough ammo on hand to get my game anywhere near good enough for action shooting.

So what were the stages like?

Here's my new S-.223 that I recently ran at several IPSC and 3-gun matches. She's tyh one in the midle, or alone in the pics. I have a quad rail forend coming any day now. Until then, the US replica for the AK-101 forend has been doing the trick.

That's great! I'd like to campaign a Saiga 223 in some matches but it's been years since I had enough ammo on hand to get my game anywhere near good enough for action shooting.

So what were the stages like?

Start re-loading .223, my friend. I have had to. Stages. . .well, IPSC rifle and shotty (by the way, I also kicked butt with my S-12 flying through 26 steels in five or six arrays in 41 seconds. I had two brain farts and one shell that got stuck/ hung-up in the extractor groove, but was fixed by a quick thumb press of the shell downwards. I should have done it in 35 to 36 seconds, but. . .se la guerre!!.

The shotty stage at the IPSC was six large poppers, three from each port of a two-port baricade, then four pedistal plates on the move (I was then ready for a mag change from an AGP [modified by me to actually work]). Then on to another port barricade with four more small poppers through the window. Then while on the move, another five pedistal plates, taking me to another barricade which we had to take 7 more large poppers (three from one side and four from the other). Even with the brain farts and one hang-up round. . .still 41 seconds, which was about 7 seconds faster than the hottest speed-loader tube-fed, semi-auto shotty honcho.

The rifle was 28 paper targets (two rds. per) with some no-shoots revealing head shots only. The stage had five positions and half of the targets had to be taken on the move. This was a "kinder, gentler" match that is usually designed by the guy in charge. The farthest targets were at about 50 yds and the closests at about 10 yds.

My IDPA club had six rifle or shotty (3-gun) stages last Sat. I designed a rifle stage that required the shooter to take 10 papers, with a fraction of the chest "A" zone and only a full head showing behind a hostage that had to be taken through a small slot between two horizontal Bianchi baricades and therefore the rifle had to be held SIDEWAYS!! Very valuable training stage.

THere was also another 8 paper stage at 25 yds from left of a Bianchi, mag change, and then from the right side. . .kind of like the IDPA classifier last stage.

The shotty stages were composed of six hanging plates (swingers) followed by two flanking paper targets for two pistol rounds, then again with slug on the papers first and finishing with another slug on each paper target. Hangers were to be taken from left to right, then the pistol on papers. . .riight to left, then pistol papers, then (string 3) outer hangers to inner, then papers for pistol (2 per). Exceedingly COOL!!

THen there were four TALL pedistal plates on the left and five bowling pins on tall pedistals on the right that had to be taken alternately, first string standing, then second string sitting. Very cool.

SUPER FUN stages!!!! Thanks for asking!

Edited by inparidel
  • 2 weeks later...
Like the flectar style cammo, howd you do that?

THANK YOU so much!!! I am glad that you recognized the camo as what I intended: Flectar.

I have an extended post on how I did the Flectar on the S-12 forum (where I did an S-12 in the same pattern of camo) that explains the process point for point. If you can't find it, I may re-live the explanation again. But, THANKS much for the compliment, and noticing that its my version of Flectar, again!!!

Here's her new appearance after got my quad rail for her. I have some OD green low-profile "ladder" type rail covers coming real soon. But until then. . .here she is, in all her sexy beauty!!!!

gallery_108_166_983457.jpg

gallery_108_166_101447.jpg

Edited by inparidel