EAA has 20 round .308 mags now!!!!

$45? HAHAHA!!! :haha:

Comparing to 8rnd price, thats probably $10 more than actual retail, but I still ain't paying over $20 for a normal capacity mags. They can sit on them until they the plastic becomes brittle and they fall apart. Considering the price of 8 mags, I'd be willing to let any decent gunsmith cut my trunion for a M14, FAL or G3 mag conversion. Screw you EAA. :ded:

Well I guess I will just have to think of all of you while I continue on to rounds 9,10,11 ect. ( I already feel a puffy shoulder coming on ! ). Besides I feel that I saved enough on the gun that I would have to spend a considerable amount on it to be in a cost to value upsidedown scenario. $70 for two mags I can live with! :smoke:

I ordered one this morning. I know there way to high, but I had to do it. The only problem is now I may have to talk myself into converting to pistol grip. I bet that will get some funny looks when I go deer hunting with my buddies. It's a shame I cant use that 20 round clip for deer hunting just to see how people react.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but if you do no mods to the gun, I believe the 20 round mag is leagle because you only have one "evil" feature which is the detachable mag. When you ad a pistol grip you have 2 "evil" features which means you have to comply with the parts count.

I went to the ATF sight to see if I could back up my statement, but found no clear answer. I guess it depends on their interpretation of the law. You still canot manufacture a non-sporting firearm from imported parts. If adding a 20 round mag to a stock .308 is considered manufacturing a non-sporting firearm from foreign parts I guess you will have to put in the U.S. parts. Maybe someone else can clear this up or give a link to a thread where this has already been discussed.

922r import laws is what you have to look at. They don't follow the 'evil feature' simplicity that the AWB did, instead they rely on 'points.' For each feature they designate, you gain points if it's sporting. If you total a certain amount, it's importable.

Since the Saiga is imported with a standard stock, it has enough 'points' left over to let it use hicaps without changing out US parts. Now, if you place a foreign or US made thumbhole stock on the weapon (like F4Ds) and you use hicaps, it's unimportable (illegal). This is why WASRs are imported with 10rnd single stack mags and a thumbhole stock. Otherwise they could use hicaps as well.

I have no idea where this sporting feature list is, though I've seen it at one time. You guys might want to look it up.

hi caps were always a seperate issue from the "ugly gun" restrictions. The law only listed "detatchable mag" as 1 feature. Capicity is/was mostly a state's law issue. When l bought my AKs & FAL they all came with at least one hi cap each. , Tex hunting regs place no restrictions on mag capacity except migritory birds & that's federal.

Wait and see how long that 30 day back order stretches into. Remember the VEPR Pioneer and Hunter? Remember how they promise the Saiga 100 every few months?

Until you see actual people getting hi-caps from EAA, save your money for my G3 mag conversions (I hope to release a couple this winter). In fact with the price of G3 mags compared to Saigas, Might want to do that anyway.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

They have been made for quite a while. Don't forget, Saigas are not only sold in the USA.

7.62 30rds were here a week after the sunset. Its all in the shipping, slow boats and our Customs service.

Unlimited capacity for hunting?, I can't even hunt with a semi in PA, even with a 1 round clip! :ph34r:

They have been made for quite a while. Don't forget, Saigas are not only sold in the USA.

7.62 30rds were here a week after the sunset. Its all in the shipping, slow boats and our Customs service.

Unlimited capacity for hunting?, I can't even hunt with a semi in PA, even with a 1 round clip! :ph34r:

So have you actually seen them because I am hearing two different things. I would still like to know if anyone has a pic or a link other then EAA. :super: