Before someone post another thread complaining about AGP mags.

YOU NEED TO CONTACT THEM FIRST!

Phone: 480-983-6083 Fax: 480-671-5665

Email: sales@agparms.com

It is unfair to to their company to have complaint aired in an open forum prior to contacting them.

If you start a complaint thread WITHOUT giving AGP a chance to remedy the problem.

your thread will be shut down and deleted.

If you STILL have a problem AFTER you have contacted AGP or if you are happy with their prouduct

feel free to utilize our feedback section of the forum.

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showforum=44

Personally, I have NEVER had a problem with my AGP's.

A fantastic product!

Edit to add: Not trying to be difficult about this, Just hard to keep up with all the post

when people have not even called the manufacture first.

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still can't find any magazines in that video... all I see are purple mountain's majesty.

My biggest complaint about the AGP mags is they cause me to run out of ammo too quickly.   Nice rig topmaul!

Well you obviously were not here when just about every thread on the forum was about AGP mags, and there was so much trolling, crying, and bitching every day that AGP themselves bailed on our forum.

Posted Images

This forum has a groovy search engine. USE IT!

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?act=Search&f=0

If y'all come across good AGP threads, please link here..

we just don't need new ones popping up every other day.

I am SURE if we get them all in one place, EVERYONE can find what they are looking for.

Sandman

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/sa_80.jpg here is my assault vest I got it from Rusmilitary it was a little spendy but it has cool elastic straps around the mag pockets that hold the mags in place, I also cut the shoulder holster off because I did not need it. I would have just edited my post up top but I did not have the edit icon.

Thanks to AGP I got some compliments recently at competition:

"That gun is like a dragon."

What?

"Just one long belch of fire out the barrel the entire time."

That'll happen.

And these:

Guy1: That shotgun uses magazines?

Guy2: Yeah, I guess he made the right choice buying that thing.

And the best one (to me):

Guy: Is that a Kalashnikov?

Me: Yes. Yes it is.

*shit eating grin*

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought 5 AGP mags. FLAWLESS operation, 2 3/4" and 3" loads. After my function tests, there's a stump at the farm with the scars to prove it.

Now, when MD's drums get here I'll REALLY be a happy camper!

• 1 month later...

hey all, i am just a new recruit here in the Saiga-12 .com, I've seen the saiga-12 shot gun at our gun range one time and I was amazed whit that shit, a hell of shot gun with full power, head turns in the range every time it shoots, I approached the owner and started asking about it, because it was my first time to see that kind of shot gun in my life, I noticed his hi cap mags of 10 rnds each, I wanted to buy this shot gun and include it into my small collections of guns also but my concern is about the legality of having or using a hi caps. mag or more of this, is it legal to own this shot gun and also the hi caps. mag for this in Pittsburgh, PA ? I am just asking before I buy it.

Thanks for your good advice only.

Deep

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
hey all, i am just a new recruit here in the Saiga-12 .com, I've seen the saiga-12 shot gun at our gun range one time and I was amazed whit that shit, a hell of shot gun with full power, head turns in the range every time it shoots, I approached the owner and started asking about it, because it was my first time to see that kind of shot gun in my life, I noticed his hi cap mags of 10 rnds each, I wanted to buy this shot gun and include it into my small collections of guns also but my concern is about the legality of having or using a hi caps. mag or more of this, is it legal to own this shot gun and also the hi caps. mag for this in Pittsburgh, PA ? I am just asking before I buy it.

Thanks for your good advice only.

Deep

Let me take a stab at this and if I screw it up I am sure someone will correct me.

The shotgun is imported with the 5 rd mag as a "hunting weapon" when you modify it by adding hi cap mags and such, you take it out of that catagory and put it into the evil imported weapon catagory.

The way to fix this is to add enough US made parts off of the 992r foreign parts compliance list for this weapon (it is listed here in the saiga-12 forum) so by the letter of the law it will be considered a US weapon instead of a foreign made one.

Then, as far as national laws in effect at this time, it would be legal.

Of course you also have to check your state and local laws to make sure you go by them also.

Hope this helps, good luck

• 2 weeks later...

I tried mine yesterday and need to tweak it out or break it in. I'm going to take the magazine apart, smooth it out and apply dry lube so it'll work right.

The sales guy at Target World in Cincinnati said they work well for other customers.

Edited by uzitiger

Gen 2 followers are available for older AGP Saiga-12 magazines.

I was preparing for my next 3-Gun match today, when I noticed that my new AGP magazines were much easier to load into my Saiga-12 than my old magazines.

I took the old magazines and new magazines apart to see what the difference was: "Gen 2" marked follower and unmarked but shorter spring base plate.

Went to the AGPARMS web site and ordered 4 sets. $10 per set.

I talked to AGP about feeding problems I had and they told me how to solve them. The guy I spoke to also said if I this doesn't solve the problem to call him back. AGP have good customer service.

I hand cycled my magazine using a spent Russian steel case to break it in and this helped some. I'll try it on the range to see if loosening the screws a quarter turn will help feeding.

I purchased my first AGP mag as part of the initial pre-order. I just wish I'd had the funds to order more back then. I still have the original feed lips on that first mag and have had 0 problems. I have purchased a few more (working close to Gilbert's will do that) and have had 0 malfunctions with the "new" AGP mags as well. These mags are awesome! I just hope that Kevin and crew at AGP keep 'em coming!

• 2 weeks later...

I tried my ten rounder after hand cycling the magazine with a spent steel case and it worked perfectly unlike the first time I tried it out when it mis fed. All ten rounds fed without a hitch and before I knew it the magazine was empty. Now all I need is the money to get more magazines and ammo.

I saw a military case which could be adapted to carry the long magazines. It looks like it could hold four to six magazines.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I ordered an AGP mag from the Saiga Store a week or two ago at the $49 shipped price and was pleased to see it arrive FedEx a day or two later. It looked great too.

However, unlike my other AGP mags, when I went to load this one man it was stiff. After the second shell, it took a lot of pressure to get the rest in. Then, coming out, they moved up in "slow motion." There's no way it would have worked in the gun.

It looked like the "tracks" at the rear insides of the sides of the mag, which bear against the bases of the shells just in front of the rim, were what was hanging them up. After removing the floorplate and spring, I could tell that the tight spot was only in the upper 1/3 of the mag.

I e-mailed Kevin, saying I assumed all I had to do was unscrew the screws holding the body of the mag together and lightly sand down the tracks in that area so as to allow free movement of the shells in that area. He replied saying "you got it," and added that unscrewing the screws a little could also fix it.

I plan to sand the tracks as needed and fully retighten the screws. A very simple fix. I thought I'd share this as I'm probably not the only one to ever encounter this, and it might save Kevin from having to reply to any similar questions in the future.

As a side note, the shiny silver screw heads on the side of the AGP's never looked right to me. I took a tiny brush and some flat black paint and painted all mine black. Looks better to me.

As a side note, the shiny silver screw heads on the side of the AGP's never looked right to me. I took a tiny brush and some flat black paint and painted all mine black. Looks better to me.

That's not a bad notion!

Modification completed, works fine. Instead of using sandpaper I used the edge of a sharp knife sliding back and forth across the flat.

One more thing I'll add about my AGP mags--when I opened them up after having them for a while the mag springs in every one of them was starting to rust, some a fine coat of rust all over, others with spots of deeper rust. They never got wet before. I wiped them all down with an oily rag. I'd suggest others check theirs as well for any rust and wipe down with oil.

• 2 weeks later...
I ordered an AGP mag from the Saiga Store a week or two ago at the $49 shipped price and was pleased to see it arrive FedEx a day or two later. It looked great too.

However, unlike my other AGP mags, when I went to load this one man it was stiff. After the second shell, it took a lot of pressure to get the rest in. Then, coming out, they moved up in "slow motion." There's no way it would have worked in the gun.

It looked like the "tracks" at the rear insides of the sides of the mag, which bear against the bases of the shells just in front of the rim, were what was hanging them up. After removing the floorplate and spring, I could tell that the tight spot was only in the upper 1/3 of the mag.

I e-mailed Kevin, saying I assumed all I had to do was unscrew the screws holding the body of the mag together and lightly sand down the tracks in that area so as to allow free movement of the shells in that area. He replied saying "you got it," and added that unscrewing the screws a little could also fix it.

I plan to sand the tracks as needed and fully retighten the screws. A very simple fix. I thought I'd share this as I'm probably not the only one to ever encounter this, and it might save Kevin from having to reply to any similar questions in the future.

I had a similar issue with mine though the shells would stop completely. Strange thing was that they worked 100% when I first got them but on my 3rd trip to the range(about 50 rounds through each of my 2 mags so far) they started jamming. Troubleshot a little and round that both followers moved freely with no rounds loaded in the mags but with rounds load full I could only get about 2-3 shots before it started to jam. Called Kevin and he advised to try some light sanding or oil. Tried oil in it and it didn't help and called Kevin to get more advice before I made mods to the mags that I could not take back. Talking to Kevin the second time to told me that they had this issue in a small batch and that it was out of spec. Kevin advised that he would mail me new mag bodies and I got them in the same week. I've already moved the spring, follower, and base plate to the new bodies and I'm just waiting to get some time to go the range and test them out. Hopefully these will work 100% and restore my faith in the mags(these are my only ones so far and both had the same issue). AGP customer service was great and Kevin seems very staight up. Just wanted to post and let people know so if they have issues like mine they can call and talk to Kevin to get great service.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with my two AGP ten round mags in that they work pretty well only 5 rounds loaded but almost cycle in slow motion when I load more than 5. I did loosen the screws a bit as well as take them apart to look for burred edges all to no avail. I spoke with AGP and I am going to send these back for them to have a look.

-Cheers