I have a quick question for you all: The other day, I went to the range and tried my AGP 10 rounders. They fell out of my S12 after firing once or twice. The Izzy 5 rounder worked fine, however, even with 3-inch slugs. I compared the AGPs to the factory mag, and it looks like the AGPs have a smaller tab on the backside of the mag than the factory one does. A lot of people say you need to grind aftermarket mags a little bit to get them to fit in your particular gun, but it seems like the mags are too loose for mine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still can't find any magazines in that video... all I see are purple mountain's majesty.

My biggest complaint about the AGP mags is they cause me to run out of ammo too quickly.   Nice rig topmaul!

Well you obviously were not here when just about every thread on the forum was about AGP mags, and there was so much trolling, crying, and bitching every day that AGP themselves bailed on our forum.

Posted Images

What generation mag are you using?

They're gen 2.

No, I had to file my AGP to fit in my new S-12, I didn't have to for the old one. The problem that I believe that you are having, SMP, is that your mag is keeping your mag catch from fully engaging properly and they fall out after a couple of shots...

I thought that might have been the case, but the backside of the AGPs looked smaller than the factory mag's, so I was hesitant to file any material off. Thanks for the info. I might try some experimenting today.

Edited by ScuseMePrincess

What generation mag are you using?

They're gen 2.

No, I had to file my AGP to fit in my new S-12, I didn't have to for the old one. The problem that I believe that you are having, SMP, is that your mag is keeping your mag catch from fully engaging properly and they fall out after a couple of shots...

I thought that might have been the case, but the backside of the AGPs looked smaller than the factory mag's, so I was hesitant to file any material off. Thanks for the info. I might try some experimenting today.

I recommend "fitting" the mag the same way that Mike Davidson's video says to fit the drums.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just got two agp mags in the mail today. I haven't been able to try them on my gun as it is in pieces and the receiver is getting the rear tang Milled off and painted. Hopefully I can get the receiver back so I can finish my conversion and try the mags out. They look and feel like quality mags. Too bad I couldn't get the buy four deal. They only had two in stock when i got them. If i like them I will be buying more.

Edited by FFSmith
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I just received 2 10rd AGP mags yesterday and so far I am impressed. The date on them says they were built in April of 2012 if I am reading it correctly. They seem very well made and fit the gun without having to file anything on them. I'm hoping to range test them tomorrow.

• 1 year later...

Any tips for getting 10 round AGP Arms Mags to fit with the JT Engineering Magwell?

How about a ProMag 20 Round Drum?

Thanks!

Here's my quick write up on making Agp mags work in the Vepr 12 magwell. I can't imagine JTEs magwell is far from Vepr 12 magwell specs. But this should at least give you an idea how to proceed. If all else, just take your time... Measure twice, cut once sorta thing.

That's the general concensus I'm getting from various sources.

It appears there's no perfect science that applies to all models.

One just has to go about it carefully until it finally works.

At the current price of mags, a single good mistake can be a costly one.

Anyone ever hear of luck with modifying 20 round drums to fit a magwell conversion?

Comparing the two, it seems there's just not enough material sticking up from the drum to fully seat in securely.

Strange that stick mags & drums are designed so differently...