• 5 weeks later...
  • Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I still can't find any magazines in that video... all I see are purple mountain's majesty.

My biggest complaint about the AGP mags is they cause me to run out of ammo too quickly.   Nice rig topmaul!

Well you obviously were not here when just about every thread on the forum was about AGP mags, and there was so much trolling, crying, and bitching every day that AGP themselves bailed on our forum.

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

I just ordered (5) 10 rounders direct from AGP. The mags arrived promptly and were absolutely top notch. The only thing killing me is that I'm still about 8 weeks out from receiving my tax stamp, so no shooting yet. I'll post a range report as soon as I can, but these mags definitely get a 10 for first impressions.

• 3 weeks later...

At the same time I bought my Saiga-12, I got 3 AGP 10 rounders. Frankly, I had myriad issues. They were very difficult to "unravel" because some were gun related and some were mag related and some was an interplay between the two.

Be that as it may, the folks at AGP were very helpful and bent over backwards to get me fixed up. I ended up solving the rounds "sticking" in the magazine problem by taking an emery cloth to the inside of the mag (the little rails that run up the back of both sides). I disassembled the mags and took material until the rounds would drop freely through the magazine.

The mags were very hard to insert into the gun. I isolated that problem as being related to the bolt. I relieved the underside of the bolt by removing enough material that the top round in the magazine does not put undue pressure on the bolt when it is being inserted. -- works fine.

I also had a feed problem that was helped by "ramping" (to use a 1911 term) the entrance to the barrel with a dremel tool.

I also had a problem with "stovepipes." That one was solved by polishing the fixed side of the extractor so the rim of the shell would slide freely (without hangups) in and out of the extractor.

The 10 rounders are very cumbersome to me when trying to execute a quick re-load. I suppose that will improve with practice. In the meantime, she sits in the corner stoked with 11 rounds (10 round mag + 1 in the chamber) with the 5 round factory mag as a spare.

Speaking of which...I ordered 3 Taiwanese 5 rounders off of the front page of Saiga-12.com. The arrived the day before yesterday. None of them can be inserted into the mag well at all--not even with a little force. It seems that the longitudinal axis is too long for the mag well. The mag hangs up on the receiver before it gets in deep enough for the mag latch to catch.

Anyway, I e-mailed the vendor (by replying to my order confirmation) yesterday but have yet to receive a reply. We'll see.

Meantime, if any of you have any idea of a quick fix. I'd sure appreciate it. You can PM me at editor@flyoverpress.com

Have a great weekend sniffing burnt smokeless powder.

thegunny, 419

At the same time I bought my Saiga-12, I got 3 AGP 10 rounders. Frankly, I had myriad issues. They were very difficult to "unravel" because some were gun related and some were mag related and some was an interplay between the two.

Be that as it may, the folks at AGP were very helpful and bent over backwards to get me fixed up. I ended up solving the rounds "sticking" in the magazine problem by taking an emery cloth to the inside of the mag (the little rails that run up the back of both sides). I disassembled the mags and took material until the rounds would drop freely through the magazine.

The mags were very hard to insert into the gun. I isolated that problem as being related to the bolt. I relieved the underside of the bolt by removing enough material that the top round in the magazine does not put undue pressure on the bolt when it is being inserted. -- works fine.

I also had a feed problem that was helped by "ramping" (to use a 1911 term) the entrance to the barrel with a dremel tool.

I also had a problem with "stovepipes." That one was solved by polishing the fixed side of the extractor so the rim of the shell would slide freely (without hangups) in and out of the extractor.

The 10 rounders are very cumbersome to me when trying to execute a quick re-load. I suppose that will improve with practice. In the meantime, she sits in the corner stoked with 11 rounds (10 round mag + 1 in the chamber) with the 5 round factory mag as a spare.

Speaking of which...I ordered 3 Taiwanese 5 rounders off of the front page of Saiga-12.com. The arrived the day before yesterday. None of them can be inserted into the mag well at all--not even with a little force. It seems that the longitudinal axis is too long for the mag well. The mag hangs up on the receiver before it gets in deep enough for the mag latch to catch.

Anyway, I e-mailed the vendor (by replying to my order confirmation) yesterday but have yet to receive a reply. We'll see.

Meantime, if any of you have any idea of a quick fix. I'd sure appreciate it. You can PM me at editor@flyoverpress.com

Have a great weekend sniffing burnt smokeless powder.

thegunny, 419

The mags from Taiwan must be filed down to fit. Once you do this they will fit and cycle reliably.

-Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have 3 AGP ten-rounders, and have put about 500 rounds total through them (50 buckshot, 50 slugs, about 400 various birdshot), and haven't had a single problem. I have, however, knocked the feed lips off my factory 5-round mag when trying to seat it in the mag well, resulting in all five shells spilling and the ground and the feed lips hitting me in the face. After reading the post about rusting mag springs, I removed the baseplates on all my Saiga mags, cleaned the springs and sprayed them with gun oil.

In my experience, AGP mags rock!

I have purchased 6 AGP mags. All 6 AGP mags are bad. The rounds seem to jump out of the "rail" guide.--May be from the recoil- which cause the rounds to get stuck in the mags.

AGP guys said send them back and they will make it right. Cool...

fast respondes... I hope my issues are fixed. I always have bad luck with these things.-gun related items- :devil:

Edited by outofammo
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a single AGP 10rd mag, I'm planning on more soon.

It seems to work quite well but I have not been able to cycle Federal 00buck at all, I can not even chamber a round, I tried the 3in and 2 3/4 and still no go, I have not had any issues with the winchester stuff I have been shooting.

Any tips?

It seems to work quite well but I have not been able to cycle Federal 00buck at all, I can not even chamber a round, I tried the 3in and 2 3/4 and still no go, I have not had any issues with the winchester stuff I have been shooting.

Any tips?

The Federal Tactical 00 buck with the Flight Control Cup works flawlessly in my Saiga-12's. The manufactureres designation is LE127-00. Is that the Buck you're referring to?

Any tips?

The Federal Tactical 00 buck with the Flight Control Cup works flawlessly in my Saiga-12's. The manufactureres designation is LE127-00. Is that the Buck you're referring to?

Yeah that's the stuff, it runs flawless through my factory 5rd mag, but I can't get it to cycle in my AGP 10rd.

I just ordered another mag from AGP. It may be an issue with the 10rd mag I have, and I need another. :)

• 1 month later...

I have an interesting problem. I believe my AGP mags cycle fine with 2 3/4" shells, went through quite a few, but when using cheap walmart 3" 00 buck Mag shells(value packs) it broke the magazine at the front tab. Thought it was a fluke and tried another, first shot it broke the mag at the tab. The AGP guys are taking care of it but I can't for the life of me think why it would do that. It holds 3" shells and should be able to take a cheap walmart mag shell right? Both times they were totally full and on gas setting 1. Even if there was a feeding problem and was causing a jam it would have just jammed and not broke right?

Pretty sure they are GEN2 mags as I just got them late October.

Anybody see this problem?

Edited by kclo4

Any tips?

Yeah that's the stuff, it runs flawless through my factory 5rd mag, but I can't get it to cycle in my AGP 10rd.

I just ordered another mag from AGP. It may be an issue with the 10rd mag I have, and I need another. :)

Runs in my AGP mags like a raped ape. Not that I'm sure how an ape were to run if it were sexually assaulted...

I just had the same problem you just described last weekend at the range. Wal-Mart 3” Buckshot magnums first round shot, front tab broken, mag on ground. I have contact AGP and they state they will replace shell of magazine…Waiting for replacement now. Mags was GEN2.

Bummer, I was hoping it was just me but I guess you can't use these things for the bigger stuff. I guess I will see how mine do with the fresh bodies as well.

Edited by kclo4

The only thing that I have not been able to get to reliably feed through my AGP mags is the cheap Wal-Mart Winchester bulk pack. My Saiga-12 doesn't even feed this ammo with the factory mag. Feeds everything else fine, inclueding the Wal-Mart Federal bulk pack. I have 10 of the AGP mags. 100-rnds of 12 Gauge through a semi-auto with a detachable mag is very impressive.

DSCN2171.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

I had a loaded 10 rd AGP mag slip out of my hand and hit the deck today. It totally exploded. Shells, spring, and one part of the follower all over the place. Obviously you're not supposed to drop these things but it will happen. I was surprised how this thing came apart, though. I would have guessed it would lose a couple shells at the most. Not sure what part of it struck the floor but no peices are broken or deformed, it just needs to be put back together. Has anybody else had this happen and any advice to make sure I get this thing back together correctly?

Just a quick note of thanks to Kevin, the owner (I think) of AGP. A couple of elections ago, I bought 3 AGP "Gen 1" Saiga 12 mags, even though I didn't have the shotgun yet.

I just recently acquired the shotgun, but when I tried the new (old) mags, they didn't seat without filing, so I called and asked what to do. John and Kevin (the employee, not the owner) were very kind and great customer service emmisaries for their product and business.

Long story short, I sent back the "old" mags, even though it had been a YEAR or so, and got a free replacement of "Gen 2" mags in the mail. There was even a short handwritten note from Kevin! (the owner)

I've had some feed problems using the new mags, but they did seat properly and I think it's the newness of the "Vodka special", not the mags... But I'm still working on that.

But honestly, if more businesses acted like these people, I'd be a lot more inclined to mail order more goods. For example, I just spent over $2000 with Gilberts Guns (which I *thought* was going to be a trouble-free order) and got jerked around liked some panty-waist liberal. I don't like to yell and I usually don't have to, but I sure felt like yelling at the people at Gilbert's after spending all that money with them and being overcharged and underwhelmed.

Anyway, don't mean to vent. Just wanted to contrast a good honest small business with one that makes life a little harder for all of us who hold our breath and put our trust in a business that's out of driving range.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have a ton of experience with AGP mags yet, as I've not even had my S12 for a week yet. However, I have put 100+ rounds through my gun (mainly with a Surefire mag), so it's still being "broken in". A buddy of mine, and a well known member here, let me try out one of his AGP mags. It must have been a bad one because the first shot broke the front tab right off. No 3" magnums or anything. 00 Buck I believe. I think it was on gas setting 1.

He said that he had put 1000s of rounds through some other AGP mags without a problem though. So I suspect it was just a fluke.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a pair of 10 rounders and I love them, a gen and gen 2. The gen two needed fitting to lock in. Plastic mags are are always suspect to me.

The plastic beneath the front tab broke off my gen 1 after less than 300 rounds. I wish the tabs of the mag was made of a metal incorporated into the plastic.

• 2 weeks later...

My AGP magazine works flawlessly now that I hand cycled a fired steel case in the magazine a few hundred times. This smoothed out the sticking spots and now the follower cycles smoothly. It's great to shoot ten rounds consecutively. APG makes a great product. I would like to see eight rounders since the ten rounders are too tall.

I got an AK 40 round magazine pouch and the AGP and Pro Mag magazines fit in it perfectly.