AGP Mags

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

#181 ScuseMePrincess

ScuseMePrincess

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:31 PM

I have a quick question for you all: The other day, I went to the range and tried my AGP 10 rounders. They fell out of my S12 after firing once or twice. The Izzy 5 rounder worked fine, however, even with 3-inch slugs. I compared the AGPs to the factory mag, and it looks like the AGPs have a smaller tab on the backside of the mag than the factory one does. A lot of people say you need to grind aftermarket mags a little bit to get them to fit in your particular gun, but it seems like the mags are too loose for mine.

#182 zombiekilla

zombiekilla

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 04:24 PM

What generation mag are you using?

#183 Caged

Caged

Cекира Перуна

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 11:16 PM

No, I had to file my AGP to fit in my new S-12, I didn't have to for the old one. The problem that I believe that you are having, SMP, is that your mag is keeping your mag catch from fully engaging properly and they fall out after a couple of shots...
I am now pulling back the thing that you pull back before you fire the gun...

#184 ScuseMePrincess

ScuseMePrincess

• Pip
  • 65 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:39 PM

They're gen 2.

No, I had to file my AGP to fit in my new S-12, I didn't have to for the old one. The problem that I believe that you are having, SMP, is that your mag is keeping your mag catch from fully engaging properly and they fall out after a couple of shots...

I thought that might have been the case, but the backside of the AGPs looked smaller than the factory mag's, so I was hesitant to file any material off. Thanks for the info. I might try some experimenting today.

Edited by ScuseMePrincess, 03 January 2012 - 01:39 PM.

#185 Caged

Caged

Cекира Перуна

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 03 January 2012 - 09:57 PM

They're gen 2.

I thought that might have been the case, but the backside of the AGPs looked smaller than the factory mag's, so I was hesitant to file any material off. Thanks for the info. I might try some experimenting today.

I recommend "fitting" the mag the same way that Mike Davidson's video says to fit the drums.
I am now pulling back the thing that you pull back before you fire the gun...

#186 Fallschirmjager45

Fallschirmjager45

• 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:39 PM

I just got 4 of the AGP mags from the Saiga store in GA, the eparts guys where they link to the forum and they worked perfectly for me today. I bought the 4 pack so I could save the $3.00 per mag, I'm cheap. No problems even on the rock and lock.
USAF 1984-1988
USAFR 1988-1992

#187 vicdoc

vicdoc

• Pip
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 February 2012 - 12:19 PM

I got the 4 AGP mags too, they fit my gun without any filing, as did my MD20. Mine must be one of those loose guns!

#188 zombiekilla

zombiekilla

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

guys check out calguns.net,nyshooters.net, ar-15 forums or even gunbroker before wasting your money at online stores or actual stores. The mag are the cheapest on forums when you get them from sellers. Google search: saiga1287

#189 FunkedOut

FunkedOut

Advanced Member

• PipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 11:08 PM

the price is pretty good here:
http://www.saiga-12....rod=AGP-S12-MAG

i got mine when they were buy 4 or more for $27 each.

#190 flyin hawaiian

flyin hawaiian

• Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 08:30 PM

i just got my AGP gen 2 mag and my SGM , both 10 rounders . The AGP fits alot better than the SGM mag. both load fully loaded with closed bolt.

Saiga IZ-132 2009 model converted / saiga 12 IZ-109 2011 money pit (selling for mka 1919 ) / remington 700 308 AAC-SD / DPMS AR15 A3 lite comp gun  /  homebuilt AR15 300 blackout /1948 mosin nagant M44
Glock 17 / Glock 22 / springfield armory 1911A1 mil-spec / Taurus judge 45lc/.410 / ruger 10/22 / Mossberg 590 12ga

#191 FFSmith

FFSmith

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

I just got two agp mags in the mail today. I haven't been able to try them on my gun as it is in pieces and the receiver is getting the rear tang Milled off and painted. Hopefully I can get the receiver back so I can finish my conversion and try the mags out. They look and feel like quality mags. Too bad I couldn't get the buy four deal. They only had two in stock when i got them. If i like them I will be buying more.

Edited by FFSmith, 23 April 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#192 Fox84

Fox84

• Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 12:25 PM

How can you tell if you have a gen 2 mag or a older one? I have 2 10 rounders and want to cut them down to 8. Anyone done this?

#193 DeerSlayer7600

DeerSlayer7600

• Contributor
  • Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

I just received 2 10rd AGP mags yesterday and so far I am impressed. The date on them says they were built in April of 2012 if I am reading it correctly. They seem very well made and fit the gun without having to file anything on them. I'm hoping to range test them tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users