• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yes, They do! I will get some more pics up. We just got back from shot and are getting caught up on our email

Hey guys, I'm not sure where the disconnect is/was. We've been rather swamped as of late so we have not been as active on the forums, but that will change going forward. Once again we guarantee all p

Sorry for the delayed response. As clearly notated in this thread, the company known as FBMG is no longer in business. Being Saiga enthusiasts, as well as fans of the FBMG 20 round mags, the owners of

Posted Images

Mine arrived this morning. I will reserve final judgment for a range test, but I am disappointed that they all (4) wobble quite a bit in the mag well compared to the factory mag, and I thought the packaging they were shipped in left a lot to be desired. Since other people are reporting tight lockup, I assume it is due to a variation in the guns, since all the FBMG mags presumably came from the same mold, and all of mine wobble the same amount. Without actually measuring anything, the rear locking lug on the factory mag appears to be thicker than that on the bunny mag. The front lugs appear to be pretty close, with the FBMG being maybe a little thicker. The proof will be in the range test, but I'd still like to find a way to tighten these up a bit (or tighten my rifle up).

One thing that I found interesting, is that the followers appear to be a mirror image of the one in my factory mag. Since these apparently use Russian made followers, it looks like they changed the design at some point, for whatever reason. But my factory mag is a bit different from most I have read about, since it only holds 5 rounds, rather than the usual 8. I took one of the bunny mags apart, along with my 5 rounder to compare, and now know what has to be cut in order to make the factory mag hold 8 rounds, which is a different part from what most people are removing to make them hold 10.

Edited to add picture.

post-6816-1196313041_thumb.jpg

Edited by Netpackrat

Disassemble the mags and give them a shot of some sort of silicon lube (on the inside) and reassemble. Mine wobble too, but once they are preped, they run just fine. If it bothers you, you can tighten all that up and I'll be happy to discuss the options on how to go about that, but my mags function just fine with the wobble...

Macbeau sends...

Suprise!!! mine came in yesterday! Great fit & finish. One question though. There are no markings as to US manuacture? Altough I don't need the three parts to get to ten or less. I just want to be able to prove US manf. if ever needed.

Well -

1. - No one else makes a hi-cap (+10) S-308 mag except for U.S. makers (not even the Russians)...

2. You only get 1 U.S. part off of current production FBMG mags (2 U.S. parts on the first run mags).

3. You should probably have an "overkill" on U.S. parts to ensure compliance to 922R (I have 8 U.S. parts not including the mags...)

4. I used a stamp kit to mark my FBMG floor plates as "FBMG" and "U.S. Made" myself, even though TROMIX supposedly made them ...FWIW...

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but that's the situation... Perhaps the Surefire mags will be different.?.?.?...

Macbeau sends...

• 3 weeks later...
Saw on GB Surefire mags have 3 US pieces. So whats that mean to us guys with a regular 'out of box' Saiga? Do we need to still replace something else to be 922r compliant?

Thats what I want to know.

Yes, you do. Adding a high cap mag, even if US made, violates 922R unless you also switched out enough parts to comply. You must have at most 10 original parts from the BATF list if you intend to run your Saiga in other then factory configuration or with high cap mags. Stock Saigas have 14 parts so you should switch out at least 4 if you intend to use the factory stock and no pistol grip. Theoretically magaziens are 3 parts (body, follower, floor plate) but I am not sure if these mags do not use Russian followers and floor plates. I saw that FBMG may only use US made body in which case the mag only counts as one part. I suggest switching out the hammer, disconnector and piston if you want to keep your Saiga mostly stock configuration. The piston is the only tricky part as I believe that US made FCG parts should just drop in with the original trigger (correct me if I am wrong). Piston needs drilling of the new piston after removal of the old one (which may also need drilling to remove). May as well convert the whole gun to pistol grip version with US furniture if you live in a state that allows it.

15 round version.

Gunbroker 15 Round Surefire Mags

Says 3 922r US Compliant parts. If that is true (3 parts US made) can I just add a folding stock and call it a day or even no stock now that I add up numbers. That would be directly replacing 3 russian with 3 US made parts technically. -3 + +3 = 0

Edited by YouWontHearItComing
15 round version.

Gunbroker 15 Round Surefire Mags

Says 3 922r US Compliant parts. If that is true (3 parts US made) can I just add a folding stock and call it a day or even no stock now that I add up numbers. That would be directly replacing 3 russian with 3 US made parts technically. -3 + +3 = 0

Those are for a 7.62x39 Saiga, not a .308. And it isn't how many foreign parts you replace with US parts, it is how many foreign parts you have, total. You need to have 10 or fewer foreign parts on the ATF list if you are going to put the rifle in a "non sporting" configuration.

Edited by Netpackrat
  • 4 weeks later...

I love the FBMG mags and might even like the Surefire mags but now that there is competition I'm going to choose whichever one will sell me batches of 10 mags for the lowest price.

I need at least 30 mags per rifle and if I can get enough mags I'll get 2 more S308s to go with them so that would mean I needed 90 mags which in full retail terms means $4050!!!

I need them for about 1/2 of that and we should all start fishing for a deal or a group buy and drive the price down :smoke:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not trying to flame anyone, but I have a couple of FBMG mags and love them - now for all the FBMG haters out there ( I think there are few in reality ) If you want to get rid of al those "lousy old mags" from FBMG, let me know - i'll most likely buy them off of you if you haven't buggered them up yet.

I received the Surefire mags today. I still haven't heard anything from FBMG. This is just bad service.

Still have not received any response to my email so I tried calling today since I was off. No one answered the phone and the voice mailbox was full. Can someone at FBMG please respond to a customer here!?

• 3 weeks later...
Ok I got the scoop on what's going on. FBMG is moving to a different store and started moving about 3 weeks ago. They'll be re-opening on Monday the 11th and will be catching up on internet orders then.

Kevin,

Have you received your mags yet. Mine still haven't arrived.

Ok I got the scoop on what's going on. FBMG is moving to a different store and started moving about 3 weeks ago. They'll be re-opening on Monday the 11th and will be catching up on internet orders then.

Kevin,

Have you received your mags yet. Mine still haven't arrived.

Yeah I got mine last week I think.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I know there hasn't been activity in this thread for awhile. I just checked the new site and although they list Saiga as a magazine option nothing shows up. Are they still making mags for the .308? If not surefire is my only hicap option right?

Just found out the answer to my question, they're still in business. The website is giving them fits. You can order them by calling them.

Edited by mooseman

Mooseman, On another thread it said to call toll free #. I have 12, ordered at differnt times. ALL worked flawless. Surefire 25's have been nothing but headache. Been by FBMG old place, before moving to new location. Good people. Just a bit pissed at Surefire, contacted over a month ago about nosedive issue, yet recieved no reply. Fixed a couple through suggestions on threads here, yet wouldn't count on them in field use. Atlantic had FBMG at thier web over a week ago. :smoke: