S-12 Conversion Opinions ???

I have 3 Saiga-12's that are on Tony's list for Tromix converison (4-5 months down the road).

So my question to the group:

If you were having 3 converted what configurations would you have made? (i.e. length, stocks, handgaurds, threading,... anything)

I am hoping for some unique ideas that will not only help the resale value (many,many) years from now, but also be functional or just downright fun....and yes Ohio is a Class III friendly state.

Thanks for any opinions!

Edited by Maxwell

Jesus, Joseph, Mary and the twelve Apostles!

.... You've got THREE S-12s in with Tony for conversation....

**...can't think.... can't think.... unable to get over the shock...**

You should PM Jeaux E. I'm sure he would have a few fantastic suggestions for you since he owns several examples of Tony's exemplary work.

Edited by Gary
Jesus, Joseph, Mary and the twelve Apostles!

.... You've got THREE S-12s in with Tony for conversation....

**...can't think.... can't think.... unable to get over the shock...**

You should PM Jeaux E. I'm sure he would have a few fantastic suggestions for you since he owns several examples of Tony's exemplary work.

I am pretty new to this but Tony just sent my masterpiece back and if I could do another one or 2 (grin) I would make a nice SHORT Barrelled Saiga.My first thought when I opened up the UPS box from tromix was that the barrel was too long. I really like it but shorter would be ok. Also I really like the wooden furniture really makes it unique. Thats all I got for now.Hope you get some good suggestions...

Ken/South Florida

I own one of Tony's 8 inch fire breathing dragons and it's kick ass. I also have yet to see anything class 3 go down in price except for used suppressors. So if you can own class 3 in your state then that's what I would go with.

I have 3 Saiga-12's that are on Tony's list for Tromix converison (4-5 months down the road).

So my question to the group:

If you were having 3 converted what configurations would you have made? (i.e. length, stocks, handgaurds, threading,... anything)

I am hoping for some unique ideas that will not only help the resale value (many,many) years from now, but also be functional or just downright fun....and yes Ohio is a Class III friendly state.Thanks for any opinions!

Congratulations, Maxwell !!!! You've already made the most important decision regarding all of the above-listed criteria !! TROMIX !!!!!

My own TROMIX choices are best expressed with pics, as follows !!! :

A black one............

post-3950-1191643344_thumb.jpg

A green one............

post-3950-1191643429_thumb.jpg

A short one........ (10").................

post-3950-1191643653_thumb.jpg

(The stock is a TROMIX-adapted SPAS-15 stock which I particularly like !!!! See avatar photo.....)

And a TR-15, which is truly a sweet piece of work!...........

post-3950-1191644024_thumb.jpg

The pics aren't of the best quality....., but you get the idea........... You're in for a helluva treat, and as to your choices with TROMIX.......(see below......)

Edited by Jeaux E
  • 4 months later...

Ok.. So I want to thank you guys for the input.

Bob inspired me for the SBR.

But I wanted to go all black:

110fwb6.jpg

dgji8n.jpg

Should have taken a mag with me to the dealer for the photo op.

Filled the paperwork out for her tonight, hope to have her home in 7-8 weeks.

Tony put a ton of work into this and went the extra mile to try to get that short rail up on top.

He is the man!

I went somewhat basic on the other two, but love them.

Can't say enough about the quality of workmanship.

2h7qlco.jpg

21419vo.jpg

Now all I need are Mike's drums hanging under these.