So... anybody going to Knob Creek this weekend?

Well, the topic title pretty much spells it out. The Knob Creek machinegun shoot is this weekend near Westpoint, KY. heres their website: http://www.machinegunshoot.com/index.html

Anybody going? I met Bullethose out there last April, looking forward to meeting more board members if possible. I'm heading up there Sat and Sun. I'll be the guy with the S-12 strapped to his chest!

:super:

See you there!

I usually go on Fridays (best deals) but won't be there this time...Guard unit has another annual training <_< I was a bit disapppointed last time. Noticed at the lower range they no longer rented all teh guns they used to. They used to have three large menus of things to choose from (from MACs to M60s). Now its some tactical movement course. At least the upper range is still in full swing. Get there early if you want a good parking spot.

For the best summary of the shoot, check out this awesome video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UtosDFNNP8

You all enjoy.

Edited by KySoldier

i love linking buddies from europe to knob creak footage on youtube. they all think we're crazy. :D

the mail call knob creek episode is the best IMO

RATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA - WHIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

"OH MAN THAT IS SO RELAXING!"

Edited by dayan inikhaton
Well, the topic title pretty much spells it out. The Knob Creek machinegun shoot is this weekend near Westpoint, KY. heres their website: http://www.machinegunshoot.com/index.html

Anybody going? I met Bullethose out there last April, looking forward to meeting more board members if possible. I'm heading up there Sat and Sun. I'll be the guy with the S-12 strapped to his chest!

:super:

See you there!

Hi

Alliance Armament will be their near the gate we would love to meet and talk with anyone having questions on the wraithmaker 20 round Drum and we will had demo their as well as some other things please stop by if you have the time.

Thanks

Mike SR. Alliance Armament

Yep, I'll be there again. I might be in the subgun match on Saturday and will probably be in the shotgun match on Sunday. I dont know if I'm using my Saiga though, might be the Benelli SuperNova. I cant get my mags back from the person I sent them to. I might just break the bolt hold open arm off tomorrow at the range so I can use the other AGP mags....we'll see. Hey, see you down there....say hey if I dont recognize ya, ok? I'll have my OD backpack on for sure.

Yep, I'll be there again. I might be in the subgun match on Saturday and will probably be in the shotgun match on Sunday. I dont know if I'm using my Saiga though, might be the Benelli SuperNova. I cant get my mags back from the person I sent them to. I might just break the bolt hold open arm off tomorrow at the range so I can use the other AGP mags....we'll see. Hey, see you down there....say hey if I dont recognize ya, ok? I'll have my OD backpack on for sure.

Don't do that. Even if you don't have tabs to put on the follower you can still remove the material from the mag body so it don't interfer with the lrbho and install the tabs later.

I've already asked for a new lrbho arm, the mags are in limbo at #$*$**& who did my conversion, who I cannot get to call me back, email, nothing. I cant practice since I sent all my mags with tabs to be changed to metal ones instead of the plastic ones that are getting chewed up. I can snap the lrbho off tomorrow and I can use my unmodded mags. It has never been right anyway. I'd rather have something reliable than something I have to constantly screw around with and look like an idiot.

Are you going to be down there? Hey, I'd love to meet ya. I know I have to visit a bunch of people down there but that is what it is all about....BRP, Ohio Ordnance, friends I shoot with, some I've met from subgun matches, pick up a bunch of 8mm I arranged for, etc. We'll probably bug out before the night shoot and hit the beers then come back early Sunday. Let me know, you have my email.

I'd drive my Saiga down to you tomorrow but without any of my modded mags I'm fucked and its pointless.

1919a4zo1.th.jpg

EDIT:

Alright, I'm borrowing a dremel from a buddy tomorrow. I'll cut a couple of my other AGP mags (i need someone to post a picture PLEASE) so it will not trip the lrbho by just inserting the mag. I'll test it out Thurs and Friday. The only thing that works 100% reliable is the Federal #7 birdshot which I use on clays, but everything else I use....S&B, Nobel buck and it hangs on rounds. I'll test some wolf and the Centurion also, but short of birdshot it has been unreliable. KCR rules say I have to use #4 or larger....so stuff isnt bouncing back off the steel.

Edited by Bullethose

It'd be nice if Tony would bring a FULL AUTO SAIGA and let the board members rent it for a mag or two. :D hint hint

I've shot a lot of things, semi and full, but never a full auto shotgun. Tony, if you cant make it, maybe you know of someone on the main line or lower who would have one there? I've seen a suppressed shotgun there before on the main line.

Little update. I cut the mags but have no tabs installed for the lrbho. Also, from what I read on Mike D's post on feed lips, I did that to the mags. Tested them today with Wolf 00, S&B #4, and Nobel 00. No malfunctions, no rounds slamming into the area below the barrel. I would like to give a big thanks to Mike D for that AGP fix he posted, I believe this is what helped me out the most. I'll cut a 3rd mag for KCR tonight. This really helped regain some confidence in my Saiga today. BTW, S&B #4 does not kick at all...its like shooting 9mm through the gun....very nice. I'll be using the S&B.

HERE YA GO....I got this from my trip in April down there.....YEAH!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=d76_1192129113

Edited by Bullethose