please excuse me while i show off my gun

I found the easiest way to vent the handguard was to use a dremel and a drill.

First you figure out were you want your vents and mark all that off.

Then take the Dremel and put a very small drill bit in it, use this to drill your pilot holes. I used a Dremel for the pilot holes because it is easier to be precise with than a big clunky drill.

Now take a drill and widen the holes you made with the Dremel.

Put a cutoff wheel in your Dremel, and connect the holes, sand the rough edges, and you're good to go.

Amazing stock! its difrent than i would have tried to make it, but i would have done a horable job with my idea. its simple but looks great! what are the dimentions? (do you have long arms? im 6 foot 3 and lean tward longer stocks) what kind of wood? is the disign comfortable? maybe you could post some stright side view pics? oh and how did you finish it? a crappy finish is waht usualy gives away a homemade stock, and that looks great!

nice work man!

The stock was manufactured from (i think) a piece of pine, (not sure how well that'll hold up) the stock is 14 1/2 inches long, 1 1/2 inches wide and is 7 1/4 inches high (bottom of PG to top of stock)

Tht PG is 1 1/4" wide, and measures 3" from the bottom of the trigger to the top of the ummm, knob at the bottom.

The stock was cut out with a jig saw (pain in the ass) and the edges were rounded over witha router. the stock was sanded to remove any texture from the grain, and then coated with a spray on truck bed liner.

I'm about 5'9" so, not that tall. I find this stock to fit me perfectly. I made the stock as ling as I did because I have a low profile scope mount, and my long scope is set as far back on the rings as it can go, It nearly hits the rear sight.

I'll be back with some side pics in a minute.

0.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

Edited by SaigaShooter
  • 1 month later...

Nice stock, you really did a good job on the rifle and how it looks.

Just one thing, I was expecting a blonde with bigggg bobbies

and tiny bikini holding the rifle. :rolleyes:

Edited by vjor
  • 1 month later...

Great work!

I wish I could work with wood like that. Give me a good piece of wood and some of the highest-quality shop tools, and I'll reduce it to toothpicks without even trying!

Now, if you're talking about metal, fiberglass and PVC, I do OK. Go figure...

post-6-1104099389.jpg

Those Shooter's Ridge bipods are a great deal - and identical to the Harris. My buddy's got one - at about half the price of my Harris.