Pics of my Saiga 12 Conversion!!!

Well here is what she looked like before the conversion

DSCN2767.jpg

I bought the rifle NIB for $380 and put $150 into it for conversion parts.

I added

-Ace stock and receiver block

-SAW style pistol grip

-Tapco trigger group

Since I don't have the tools or knowledge to do a conversion I contacted Jesse over in Albany, Oregon to do the conversion (web page here http://www.762llc.com/index.htm ). I got quite a few recommendations about his work so I gave him a call. The price of the conversion was $100 and included refinish of bare metal areas after conversion. He did an awesome job! I am about an hour away so I decided to drive down there but he said to ship there and back would only be around $35-40

So what do you guys think?

DSCN2886.jpg

DSCN2878.jpg

DSCN2883.jpg

DSCN2879.jpg

Close up of conversion work

DSCN2875.jpg

Pistol grip is very snug. There is no play at all (I have heard some conversions leave the PG loose?)

DSCN2876.jpg

DSCN2877.jpg

(The flash made the bottom look a little light. The color matches original finish.)

I have a folding piece on the way for the stock so that will add an extra .7" LOP to the shotgun.

Total price was $630

Talk to forum member Dinzag. he makes a no smith retainer.

Nice looking S12!

http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...mp;#entry110152

First, nice gun, good deal. Sounds like you got an excellent price on just the parts. The labor charge for that amount of work was way too low IMO. He must either really need the work or doesn't place a lot of value on his time. He should have made at least $100 to $150 more for that.

BTW before you can install the hole plugs you will need to drill oversized holes in your internal block to clear them where they spread inside the receiver.

First, nice gun, good deal. Sounds like you got an excellent price on just the parts. The labor charge for that amount of work was way too low IMO. He must either really need the work or doesn't place a lot of value on his time. He should have made at least $100 to $150 more for that.

BTW before you can install the hole plugs you will need to drill oversized holes in your internal block to clear them where they spread inside the receiver.

LOOKS REAL NICE-Great price.Have you fired her yet???ENJOY

Ken

I have heard from everyone that he does excellent work at extremely good prices. I really didn't have the cash for a $300 conversion so I am glad I found him. Right now he is very busy with builds. I think he had about 9 or 10 rifles he has to finish. If you supply the parts he will do a built for $200. He has a full time job and just does this one the side. He is definitely worth checking out if you are working on a budget!

LOOKS REAL NICE-Great price.Have you fired her yet???ENJOY

Ken

I put about 300 through it in the original form. I will be able to shoot it converted maybe tomorrow or this weekend. I am excited! :wub:

Nice gun -- ya done good!

I think you sold yourself short, though, on the ability to do the conversion yourself. A hand drill and a Dremel tool are all it takes to do a conversion. Once you get over the initial shock of drilling out the rivet, it's really a piece of cake. When you get your next Saiga (probably a 7.62x39 -- and you will get another one!), you should really give it a try yourself. There's no better way to get to know your weapon -- and it feels great when it's done!

Jim

Nice gun -- ya done good!

I think you sold yourself short, though, on the ability to do the conversion yourself. A hand drill and a Dremel tool are all it takes to do a conversion. Once you get over the initial shock of drilling out the rivet, it's really a piece of cake. When you get your next Saiga (probably a 7.62x39 -- and you will get another one!), you should really give it a try yourself. There's no better way to get to know your weapon -- and it feels great when it's done!

Jim

I still don't have the tools though. I just moved into a new apartment in the city :ded:

I am not really into the Saigas in 7.62. I have a thing for Chinese AKs :wub:

DSCN2778.jpg

Very nice.

What is the sling that you have on the gun?

I use a sling from https://www.rockymountaintactical.net/

I use these clips on my rifles and shotguns so I can wear the sling and snap into whatever I want to shoot. You can use it as a single point sling or un-snap it and attach to the front for a double point setup.

This page explains how it works https://www.rockymountaintactical.net/?page...17ddc0214c&

I highly recommend them! The sling is very strong and comfortable. The owner is also a great guy to deal with.

5b3ea92dd561d576efd02f8165faa78a.jpg

Well here is what she looked like before the conversion

DSCN2767.jpg

I bought the rifle NIB for $380 and put $150 into it for conversion parts.

I added

-Ace stock and receiver block

-SAW style pistol grip

-Tapco trigger group

Since I don't have the tools or knowledge to do a conversion I contacted Jesse over in Albany, Oregon to do the conversion (web page here http://www.762llc.com/index.htm ). I got quite a few recommendations about his work so I gave him a call. The price of the conversion was $100 and included refinish of bare metal areas after conversion. He did an awesome job! I am about an hour away so I decided to drive down there but he said to ship there and back would only be around $35-40

So what do you guys think?

DSCN2886.jpg

DSCN2878.jpg

DSCN2883.jpg

DSCN2879.jpg

Close up of conversion work

DSCN2875.jpg

Pistol grip is very snug. There is no play at all (I have heard some conversions leave the PG loose?)

DSCN2876.jpg

DSCN2877.jpg

(The flash made the bottom look a little light. The color matches original finish.)

I have a folding piece on the way for the stock so that will add an extra .7" LOP to the shotgun.

Total price was $630

One comment. . .you'd probably be happier with the 1" recoil rubber ACE recoil pad. I know I am, as well as are most of the guys in my club whose S-12s I converted for them.