Paging all evil geniuses..

Yeah, that thing is a dumb idea. Who really wants to climb up on a humvee in the middle of a war zone to change big clumsy drum magazines? A beltfed shotgun or 20mm OICW grenade launcher on a remote turret would make much more sense.

Edited by GTwannabe
Yeah, that thing is a dumb idea. Who really wants to climb up on a humvee in the middle of a war zone to change big clumsy drum magazines? A beltfed shotgun or 20mm OICW grenade launcher on a remote turrent would make much more sense.

I thought the same thing, not to mention your limited in range to a max of 100m with buckshot where a machinegun or grenade launcher can really reach out and touch someone. I'll take one of our M240B over that anyday.

Edited by mike123456
+1 on no truckmount. Besides we already field a FA 40MM gernade launcher. Why shoot small when you can go BIG!

BTW the MK19 is generaly considered a POS by all the army guys I work with. I was the one guy who defended it and said it was a good weapon, people just need to know how to operate it and clean it i said. Then it jammed on me during an ambush on the way back from a district called Doab in nuristan. I was left standing in my turret spraying back with a SAW.

I wont use that weapon again.

Its a great concept, all other machineguns you have to hit the person your aiming at, MK19 just put one within 15m and they eat some shrapnel. It just dosent work and the special lube for it LSA-T is hard to get at times. Total POS.

Edited by mike123456

What about the russian 40mm launcher? Space on the name of it, but every ran across one of those?

And I keep wondering something, we know the AK is robust and damn near unstoppable.. Why don't they take an RPD and machine it so it chambers 12g?

Belt fed, select fire 12 gauge with the gas piston system.. as for limited to 100m, I thought most combat was less then 100m..