Pistol flashlight - can it survive an s-12's recoil?

That thing looks like a waste of money.

For a shotgun, I'd go with a light with a LED bulb. I recently bought a couple LED lights from Pentagon and they rock; so far.

Yes, a pistol flashlight will work for a little while. Then when I craps out you have 35.00 door stop. If you are going with a light light (he-he) i'd go with a Surefire G2. They at least have a warranty, are used by some LEO, and have a good reputation. For the same price:

http://www.surefire.com/maxexp/main/co_dis...r/878/sesent/00

This will last longer until it quits. Many lights will last a few shots, but if you plan on shooting many rounds of 12g recoil with one. Good luck.

I have a few hundred rounds of no blink, no quit from my G2 on an AR, but I don't think you will find any light that will last through extended abuse of high powder recoil.

LED lights are are more likely to survive a heavy recoiling weapon.

I have also found that a cost effective mount for a flashlight on a heavy recoiling weapons is a 30mm aluminum scope ring and a piece of rubber used as a collet or spacer for a 1 inch flashlight. This will approximate the shock mounted bezel of the Surefire weapons lights.