Well, over the course of my membership in this forum, one of the things I have noticed is a lot of people dont have the kind of exposure to the different calibers of firearms that others here including myself do. SO, I figured I would post a picture of some of the different brass that Ive kept from different guns Ive owned or shot. By no means is this a complete picture of the variety of calibers I have shot, but its all I could find in the spent brass box in the garage. (if you saw how many empty cartridges in the one box I was digging in, you'd understand why I say that)

from left to right we have:

9mm, 40 s+w, 45ACP, 44mag. for the pistol rounds. Dont know why I cant find the .38 and .357 brass Ive saved....

for rifle rounds, which is why I posted this are:

.30 carbine, .223 rem/5.56 nato, 30/30 win, 243 win, 308 win/7.62 nato, 358 win, and the 30/06.

if you look at the 243, 308, and 358 cases, you will notice that they are the same basic case, just necked for different calibers, and because of that, have a tiny length difference, more noticeable with the 243. 7.62x39mm russian is about the same in power as the 30/30 round, but is much more compact. I dont pick up my 7.62 casings, so I didnt have one that wasnt covered with rust to put in there. Also, I couldnt find the 300 win. shells I have, but fit into the 308 class of brass. 32 winchestor special is the same cartridge as the 30/30 win, but is necked out to 32 caliber, and has another 100-150 foot pounds of energy in front of the same powder charge. the 7.62x54R round is compareable to the 30/06.

any other info would be appreciated, as Im sure I missed a bunch. Its been discussed before in other threads about "this round is basically this round with a different neck size" and I thought I would show why this is.

post-9-1097698174.jpg