I still believe in the old saying of "shoot first and ask questions second". Now adays, it's becoming more of a need to do to survive. So with B'ham being #4 on the list in the USA of murders, I would also promote the nueter and spay campaign, if ya get my drift. OH HELL wait a minute, wez just gots us a news mayor whos goings to gives every chilluns a college educan'tsayitcation. I THANK THE GOOD LORD that we don't live inside the city limits, if we did, the city would be #1 on the list, we live plumnelly, and the damn crows have learned to fly like WWII fighter pilots when I unload with the .410.

But to be honest, most cops are trained to react to "training room or controlled field exercises" not the real world. If they reacted as THEY SHOULD, they'd all be in the pokey for doing what's only right, capping an asshole. YOU BE SCRIMINATING, YOU SCRIMINATING. Scriminating MY ASS, it's ONLY what is right. I would/could be a cop for only about 30 minutes and I'd be in cuffs, this shit of THEY have rights, I THOUGHT, was given up as soon as they raised the gun and pointed it, but there again, they have the "RIGHT" to shoot at me first, and if I return fire, then I would be in cuffs, my family harassed, and it would take me $10,000,000.00 or more to PROVE I was right in what I did, IF I had the money to fight it.

I'm sorry but, wait a fricking minute, I'm NOT sorry for what has/is happening to our country, I have ALWAYS voted the other way, so what's wrong with this picture.....MOST cops GOOD, asshole with a gun BAD, asshole shoots cop, goes free, cop shoots asshole......JAIL. Am I missing something in the translation or am I just really fricking stupid.

thats because departments have neither the time or money allocated for training. Last time I was at the range there was an HPD officer that was on duty that snuck off to the range because it was the only chance he got working 96 hour weeks. Any extra training they get is their time and their dollar.

thats because departments have neither the time or money allocated for training. Last time I was at the range there was an HPD officer that was on duty that snuck off to the range because it was the only chance he got working 96 hour weeks. Any extra training they get is their time and their dollar.

I find the same is true at the ranges I frequent. IMO departments should be funded to provide time and ammo for LEO practice/training. IDPA competition should be encouraged. What am I saying? It should be mandatory! For their safety as well as ours! :smoke:

unfortunately that's just not cost effective. :angry: Houston cops are paid less than any other large city in Texas, and still get their own vests, weapons, and ammo. That the conventions and special classes are on their own dollar is obvious.

Too much emphasis is placed in current law enforcement training to shoot a small group. It is foolishness! I usually fail to shoot the smallest group in training, but seldom have anyone beat me to the draw, or in completing that course of fire.

I have seen too many young officers idolize the guy that takes the time shoot these pretty groups, never realizing that they begin to practice a skill that will get them killed. I have seldom had anyone ever notice that I was changing mags before they had finished their string.

Thanks for posting this!

1911, where did you get the info? I checked the website and I can't find it anywhere. I think it's pretty fascinating stuff and I haven't read about it anywhere else. I'd like to help spread the story, but I can't find a link to the original source.

Thanks.

Jim

1911, where did you get the info? I checked the website and I can't find it anywhere. I think it's pretty fascinating stuff and I haven't read about it anywhere else. I'd like to help spread the story, but I can't find a link to the original source.

Thanks.

Jim

http://www.policeone.com/officer-shootings/articles/1227784/