I'm glad someone posted on this finally. That thing perked my interest the first time I saw it on Robinson's site, but there's very little info to be found about it. Sure would like to know how it shoots and what you can add about function, break down, etc.

Looks to be the best of AK/AR/FN all gel'd into one but I've never actually had my hands on one.

Thnx guys!

Can't say how it handles personally as I haven't had a chance to shoot mine yet, but there is a lot of answers and info here on the XCR forum.

http://xcrforum.com/index.php

The 7.62 X 39 barrels are due to start shipping anytime now. Soon to be followed by the 6.8 SPC and 6.5 Grendel. Plans are also in the wings for a .308 version. :eek:

I've wanted one of these for about two years. Had to eat a lot of baloney sandwiches to finally get one.

I'm due to attend a shoot meet with some friends from the KTOG forum next weekend at the Knob Creek range in KY. May end up breaking the XCR in there. Also taking along my S12 and WM drum. Hoped to have my MD-20 drum to take along as well, but doesn't look like it'll get here in time.

I'll post up and let you guys know how the XCR does as soon as I do some shooting with it. From what I've read about it so far, it is a slick shooting, accurate rifle with less recoil than an AR-15. Has adjustable gas settings from supressor to low pressure Wolf ammo. Keeps felt recoil down and casings ejecting low and 2:00.

Break down is simple and quick with button on left rear side of upper. Breaks down almost like an AK-47. Simple! Rifle stays much cleaner since it doesn't shit where it eats, and clean-up is easy. Folding stock locks up tight. Trigger is a little heavy but crisp, clean, 2-stage. Gets better with shooting. Now if I can just afford enough ammo to make it a 3 lb. pull...lol. :smoke:

Edited by badman400

There is a thread on highroad.org talking about a replacement for the AR15 and quite a few posted touted the merits of the XCR. Pretty cool I think too. Maybe when I get to the stage I want a 223 rifle I'll skip right over the AR15 and go for that. Too many cool guns to want. Right now I am spending on cowboy guns, vaqueros, marlin, stoeger.

Very glad to see this rifle in someone's hands. How much did it set you back? The low quantities are making some real price gouging possible by some dealers.

Actually I got a great deal ($1329 +$20 Shipping) from Atlantic Firearms. The rifle was delivered promptly within 5 days of ordering, and that included a weekend and a holiday!

The XCR came stock (no sights or rail covers) with one 30 rd magazine, in a hard plastic rifle case. I thought maybe this would be one with the older 4 setting gas adjustment, but I was pleasantly surprised. Mine has the newer 5 setting adjustment with the "S" supressor setting. The rifle was well oiled and in perfect cosmetic condition.

Very pleased so far. I'll know more when I get to shoot it. From everything I've read about the XCR, I expect it to be one of the nicest additions to the stable. But, the proof's in the puddin'. :smoke:

MyXCR10-13-07010.jpg

MyXCR10-13-07009.jpg

MyXCR10-13-07008.jpg

MyXCR10-13-07007.jpg

Damn, I keep coming back to this thread and drooling over your rifle :wub: .

Double-damn. 22_Shooter, my experience EXACTLY as well. Now, having spent more than an hour conducting all sorts of web-surfing for information on the Robinson XCR Rifle..... I think I'm bloody hooked!

Curse you badman400!

:lolol: .... :lolol: .... :lolol: .... :lolol: ........... :super:

Double-damn. 22_Shooter, my experience EXACTLY as well. Now, having spent more than an hour conducting all sorts of web-surfing for information on the Robinson XCR Rifle..... I think I'm bloody hooked!

Curse you badman400!

Me too, I really want the 7.62x39 model.

Curse you badman400!

Too late Gary, I've been cursed for going on two years now. :ded:

Glad you guys like the rifle. Thnx for the compliments.

I'll be at the Knob Creek Range in KY next Sunday. You're all invited. Bring some ammo! :smoke:

Interesting! My feelings exactly... except for the moment I'm leaning toward the 7.62 NATO. Via my websearch, I happened across the following post located at "Your American Backyard Forum": http://www.ambackforum.com/viewtopic.php?t...a62a03239353831

A guy going my the moniker Bravo762 stated the following (his was the last post in the thread as of this evening): "... So I called Ty today, and got the low-down. The 308 version is actually a scaled-up XCR (doesn't use the same upper or lower) and the expected date of release is about this time next year. At this point, there's no word on which mags it'll use though..."

Beefing-up the upper receiver for their 7.62? Sounds awesome to me!

badman400 - I greatly appreciate the invite, but.... ummmm.... Kentucky is way-too far of a trek for me. Naturally, I'll be eager to read your write-up on how your baby performs. Enjoy!!!!

Interesting! My feelings exactly... except for the moment I'm leaning toward the 7.62 NATO. Via my websearch, I happened across the following post located at "Your American Backyard Forum": http://www.ambackforum.com/viewtopic.php?t...a62a03239353831

A guy going my the moniker Bravo762 stated the following (his was the last post in the thread as of this evening): "... So I called Ty today, and got the low-down. The 308 version is actually a scaled-up XCR (doesn't use the same upper or lower) and the expected date of release is about this time next year. At this point, there's no word on which mags it'll use though..."

Beefing-up the upper receiver for their 7.62? Sounds awesome to me!

badman400 - I greatly appreciate the invite, but.... ummmm.... Kentucky is way-too far of a trek for me. Naturally, I'll be eager to read your write-up on how your baby performs. Enjoy!!!!

Sounds awesome. Not that I'll be able to afford either one when they finally arrive though :cryss: . But a guy can dream, right? :D

[/size]

Yeah, I can't wait to hear the review.

OK guys, I broke her in this weekend at Knob Creek range in Kentucky at the KTOG get together. Sat. & Sun. I put a little over 400 rounds through. All brass cased high quality GA reload Canned Heat. The rifle was slick as glass. I had 1 FTE during the first 200 rounds and a FTF, but a slap was enough to send it home. The other was a bent cartridge.

All spent casings ejected low and 2:00, 5-8 ft away. Picking up brass was a breeze. The EOTech 512 was dead nuts. YHM BUIS-the same. Zeroing was fast and simple. After that, it was almost boring. I was chasing plastic bottles out to 100 yds offhand with ease. Made me feel like a much better shooter than I am. Recoil was lighter than an AR. The trigger was not as nice as some AR's I've shot, but still had a clean, crisp break. I like the two stage trigger. After 420 rounds the trigger has improved some already.

The rifle performed perfectly! It was very accurate, and easy to handle. The charging handle is great on the left. The BHO/Release works great with the trigger finger. Perfect meshing of the AK and the AR. Best of both worlds IMO. I highly recommend the XCR so far. B)

You should get railcovers with rails on them so that you need to buy another set of railcovers. Then get a flashlight to light up the button of the flashlight you already have so you always know where it is.

I'm not jealous. At all.

I've been shopping for a rifle and have looked at the XCR, but wanted to get some more range reports, this is great!.

It's expensive, but seems to address all the "issues" with both the AR and the AK. And comes in something other than 5.56 (which I don't like for it's barrier penetration, or lack there of)

I would love to hear more range reports, maybe some bench shooting out to 200yrds? Hell, I'll spot you some ammo!

I would trust someone from here more than cheerleaders from a dedicated site.

• 1 month later...

Bravo762 is a real stand up guy. He really knows his stuff. He really put his rifle(XCR) through the ringer and has used it in a few Urban rifle courses (in a short period of time)already with no problems(1200-1500 rds per course!). He used to have a post on AMBACK.com with weekly updates as to how many rounds(many thousands ) he had put through the gun with no problems. He really tried to abuse the gun to see what it would take and he said it passed with flying colors! He said it was "AK reliable" and "AR accurate", which makes it top notch in my book. He and I used to combine our data on weapon testing or do separate testing to prevent duplication. You name it, we did it on most new stuff that came out a few years ago. But whatever he writes, you can bank on. He says the XCR is one of the most reliable weapons he's ever owned or tested....and that's from his exhaustive testing and not from reading gun magazines.

Badman: Your XCR is a very nice 75-100 yd. rifle with its 16 in. barrel and 223 cartridge! But I'm sure you didn't buy it for shooting at long range either. I hope it works out for you with the way you have it set up. Keep us up to date on your results(accuracy & reliability). :smoke:

Edited by NY-proletariat

My only critique of the weapon having fired one(but not owned one) is its small ejection port. On the rare occasion it jams, clearing jams (double feeds)from small ejection ports like the XCR's or the AR-15 series is harder than it is on something like an AK or M-14. This may seem trivial to some but with XCR still using the POS AR-15 type mags that have historically have been one of its weakest links (like it dirty and unreliable gas system!) it still creates more room for error in my book. Reliability is formost in any combat weapon and AR-15 mags aren't reliable enough for me to risk my life to. Bravo762 said he used the newer HK all steel mags with some good results which are direct copies of the all steel FNC mags of some years ago. They're just alot heavier than the cheap POS aluminum foil mags that the AR series uses, but not near as heavy as a standard AK mag so this a moot point.

He also stated that some of the plastic mags he tried didn't fit at all or fit too tightly which made this rifle regulated to use mostly metal mags.