Brenneke slugs

Thanks Navyguy mine are not on the recall,I shot some of the federal gameshok slugs that kicked harder than any slug I have ever shot,Im thinking Brenneke and Wolf are the same company the box looks kinda the same and both say made in germany on the back of the box

If you are not using a good recoil pad, all slugs will kick you hard. It is, after all, damn near a .70 cal projectile. Same goes if the gun does not fit you properly, slugs will magnify the problem.

I am no saiga 12 expert, but look at how the gun fits you and consider a shorter stock/LOP that also includes a recoil pad in that dimension. One thing you don't see a lot of in tactical forums, is discussion about proper fit. In most shotgun forums that is almost ALL they talk about. Here, coming from a rifle platform, it still gets a bit overlooked. Even in ARFCOM shotgun forum, guys who are purely tactical in their use or focus overlook fit and technique.

If you are getting kicked too hard, it is most likely how you mount the gun, fit of the gun or both and possibly aggrevated by no recoil pad. Regardless, it makes shooting slugs no fun at all.

Edited by Zoub
I had some Brenneke slugs for my Mossberg and they kicked like a pissed off mule! I don't know if that's why they are so much cheaper or not.

Just make sure the slugs you got aren't part of the recall. Check out this thread on THR.

Jim

Brenneke KO slugs are tame compared to Remington Sluggers. Ouch! I would not want to shoot those from a pump! :eek:

Remington Sluggers shot fine out of my S12 yesterday, functioned flawlessly, 0 jams. Winchester Super-X slugs will get jammed in the extractor notch at the top of the chamber every so often, for some reason (AGP 10's). Centurion Multi-defense and Nobel Sport LEO buckshot run fine out of the factory five rounder, but love to smash into the bottom of the "feed ramp"/barrier out of the AGP's. I'll have to look for the cheap brenneke's, all I ever associated with that brand name was $$$.

Whats anyones take on the K.O. slugs,I just bought some from Dicks sporting goods $2.69 a box, do they preform any better than a normal slug,has someone shot a ham or maybe some phone books soaked in water as a test?

I cycled a couple of boxes through three of my shotguns a few weeks ago, and the results weren't bad at all. They were consistent across the different guns (although I didn't have a Saiga at the time), and accuracy was good at 25yds...no problems drilling 3" clay birds one after another. And it's hard to beat the price on them.

That said, if I was going to step up to a better performing slug for distances past 50yds, I would look towards the Federal Tactical Tru Ball slugs instead of the higher end Brennekes. They're about half the cost and perform just as well.

Edit - I didn't do any impact testing with the KO's, but like other slugs, it's the last thing I would want to be hit with ;)

Edited by FLTF3

The Brenneke are good for home D. Less likely to pass through a wall/body or something like that vs

steel shot. Lots of stopping power with min. penetration.

Watch keeping in loaded mag with bolt closed. end of shell will flatten out and cause a miss feed.