Wife and I attended my nieces funeral this afternoon, she was only 30 years old, with a 5 year old BEAUTIFUL daughter. When we walked into the doors of the church she attended, her father and step-mother where standing there and looked at me and Kat like they had been stuck in the ass with a hot poker, I spoke, he just glared. I can understand his hurt and pain, we have lost our father and older brother within 8 months of each other, but shit, that was in 1998/1999, I tried to visit my niece at UAB, but was told that I couldn't be cause I was not "immediate" family. SAY WHAT, I changed this babies shitty diapers when she was little, and fed her when she was hungry. I received a phone call tonight from her brother telling me that the reason that there where only old farts like us, and none of all her FRIENDS where there, is that because my "brother" contacted the local PD and EVEN told the "preacher" that they where not allowed, and if they showed up, they would be "removed" from the property. He then told me that he stayed at the grave site after everyone had left, and Amie's friends had to come there and say their good bye's.

I THOUGHT that GOD'S house was open to EVERYONE, not just a selected few, and NO, her friends where not wierdo's , some where black, some Mexican, some, who know's what, but THEY WHERE HER FRIENDS, most took care of her or her daughter while she was sick, but yet, in her time of passing, they weren't "good enough" to be allowed to be there to pay their respects.

So if someone can ask God and let me know WHY my niece was NOT respected today, I would VERY much appreciate it.

I don't need all the "I'm sorries" or other things, and PLEASE DO NOT TAKE OFFENSE, Amie is in a MUCH better place. I just want to know how a "MAN of GOD" can turn away people from GOD'S HOUSE. My brother, he's a first class asshole, money grubbing SOB, back stabbing cock sucker, OH YEH, his daughter is NOT EVEN COLD, and he's digging thru the closet for her insurance policy, and this came from his OWN son, who cried on mine and my wifes shoulders less than 5 hours after Amie was gone.

To Amie Joanna Ponder (Amie Jo Banana when she was a kid, and always will be to me), I LOVE YOU, go and fly, be with Pepaw and Uncle Pat, I PROMISE that I will do the best that I can to make sure that Ivy is raised to respect people, NOT based on their skin color, but how they treat people.

When "this" dust has settled, a NEW dust storm will begin to PROTECT Ivy Ponder,

BECAUSE RIGHT NOW, TERMITE IS ONE, VERY PISSED OFF, HURT, MAD AT THE FUCKING WORLD ASSHOLES, because Kids don't die and get treated like this.

Termite, for what it's worth, were here for ya.....

I can't begin to even state that I know how you feel. I do not have that right.

I do know that for reasons you mentioned above.

God has called me into ministry. Me and my family have been treated harshly by

our so called Christian brothers an sisters.

Some notes from a sermon I did that I think may fit the bill here...

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITHIN THE Church IS:

WE TOO OFTEN WILLINGLY SHOOT

AT OUR OWN WOUNDED. WE VOLUNTARILY COMMIT ACTS OF FRIENDLY FIRE, ALMOST

BELIEVING IT TO BE OUR DUTY. We

freely talk poorly about our family members, put them down, so that we might

look better. Sometimes we even freely open the doors for them to leave. Regarding

our church family and those who may become a part of it, we need to surround

them with Jesus, not judgment.

"THESE THINGS

I HAVE SPOKEN TO YOU SO THAT YOU MAY BE KEPT FROM STUMBLING. THEY WILL MAKE YOU

OUTCASTS FROM THE SYNAGOGUE, BUT AN HOUR IS COMING FOR EVERYONE WHO HARMS YOU

TO THINK THAT HE IS OFFERING A SERVICE TO GOD. THESE THINGS THEY WILL DO

BECAUSE THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN THE FATHER OR ME."

John 16:1-3

Thy want praise from people MORE than to serve God.

Once again, I'm here for ya any way I can be.

Sorry to hear the news

I am sorry for you and your wife's loss. It is most unfortunate that at a funeral people do not realize that one's passing regardless of the cause, is a time of celebrating the LIFE and paying respect to the loved one who has gone to be with Jesus. This is the final chapter of the life process, dying is part of living and the person in question should and probably would like this to be a recollection and tribute to the good things because that is all that matters now. You obviously know this and must be commended. Unfortunately the world has a never ending supply of A**holes. Peace to you and my prayers are with you.

That is just uncomprehendably wrong on the part of the parent(s).

As a general comment, the death of a child is one of the most horrible experiences a parent can endure, and I speak from personal experience. You can expect to face the death of your parents, and even possibly a spouse, but one never expects to bury a child. Part of you dies along with them that day. Time lessens the blow but you certainly never totally recover from the ordeal.

Personally felt empathy to you and family Termite.

Termite and tritium I am very sorry for both of you. My beloved dog is dying of cancer right now and it is absolutely killing me. I can't sleep, when I even think about my life without her my chest and throat tighten up and it becomes difficult to even breathe until I focus on something else. I don't know how I would ever be able to deal with one of my children dying. The mere thought of it is too much to even comtemplate. I can't even imagine the pain of losing a child or a neice or nephew. I truly wish you both the best in all things and am very sorry for your losses.

In my 44 years here, I have found that death seems to bring out the worst or the best in people, but not both. They either step up, whimp out or join the vultures. Once a vulture, always a vulture. You will never understand it if you are not one yourself. It's Ok to be pissed as their behavior was at the least, prettty damn bad.

Some day, down the road, take the SOB out back and give him the beating your Father never did. I promised one of my Uncle's I would do for him what my Dad should have, beat the shit out of him. In 3 weeks it will be ten years since we last spoke. I am good with it.

They don't deserve any more of your thoughts.

I send my condolences , on you'r loss, and for the arrogant stupidity that you have to deal with.

It is times of trouble and loss that bring out the best of the good, and the worst of the rest.

Losing a child has got to be the worst thing anyone can possibly go through. I saw what it did to my parents. And since I have kids, I've thought about it. I almost can't breath just thinking about it so I don't think I would handle the reality very well. Having said that, keep in mind when people are grieving, they sometimes do things they wouldn't have otherwise done. I've seen some very bizzarre behavior at funerals. I'm not defending anyone here. But it is something to think about.

Brother is not question of ask God, is just that some people are ass holes

no matter what happens and that's why her friends were not allowed to pay there

respects.

What belongs to God is for God, and what belongs to Caesar is for Caesar.

Edited by vjor
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks EVERYONE, my blood pressure is back down to below popping a vessel, just been working to take my mind off of it and spending time with my nephew, Amie's brother, because their father won't talk to him or let him or us see Ivy, because he took her friends to the grave sight. I got something for that cock suckers ass, when the time is right. It's been owed to him for over 16 years. Nephew and I have basically been chilling on the weekends, talking and me trying to get him to UNDERSTAND, (if that's possible), he's only 28, he has gone thru about 1500 rounds of .223, 7.62x39, & 5.7 over the few past weeks, and it seems to be helping his stress level. So I handed him my 454 casull lever action, little butt wipe burned up 50 rounds and just giggled like a little girl. He came over last weekend with his best friend that spent 15 months in Aghganistan, and now leaves for 15 more in Iraq, I could not load mags fast enough, but HEY, they had fun, relaxed and enjoyed, first time I'd seen either one of them smile in a LONG time. My only regret is that I couldn't arrange it for them to have full auto, but his friend has a trigger finger that you'd swear was full auto. He did beg me to let him take my PS90 back with him.

I know it's not God's fault, but for the "preacher" to tell people what he did, that's why I don't go to church, but I do go up on the hill and talk to him at times, and some nights out on the deck. I know he's listening, but it's just so DAMN hard to be good.

I know he's listening, but it's just so DAMN hard to be good.

Yeah, at times it is, but you are doing pretty damn good at it. You will also be a better person for it. Really, you get the biggest prize of all since you and that young man will end up closer than ever.

The people in my past life who caused me similar pain all benefited from something I did last week. None know about it except one. I am at a low point in my life and could have easily justified my walking away from the emotional drain of that group. I didn't and I decided life/God/the universe felt the need to test me one more time.

The one I helped may or may not get it, people close to me do, but a kid benefited so it was easy to justify. It was also easier to do since I had cut all those duds out of my daily life long ago.

Just keep loading mags, shooting is good therapy, even if all you are doing is watcing the next generation do the shooting! Can't wait for Xmas when my daughter gets her new rifle!