They miss those parts because they are too busy taking toothpaste from my 19 year old son. Sorry, but when you have to fly out suddenly for a funeral, there really isn't time to go out and buy travel size containers. His was, I think, about 6 oz tube that was almost empty. When they pulled him aside for it, I told him to just let them take it. Funny thing is, mine was 4 oz. and almost full and they missed it. If they weren't so worried about empty tubes of toothpaste, they'd find the things that are really important. For those who don't know, they limit the size to 3 oz. for all toiletry items.

Most of these folks doing the screening are the same folks that were doing it before. The difference is that we now pay more for the same poor performance and they are considered to be a part of Homeland Security.

that's funny, TSA doesn't 'train' at all. I took their entrance exam about 5 months ago. it was held at a Comp USA to save money. The test was a series of X-ray photos that were about as coherent as Ted Kennedy of St Patrick's day. We were supposed to look for certain items that may have been in the luggage under a time constraint. It was almost impossible. I got in the low 30% average and was one of the top scoring cantidates.

I declined the job offer because they wouldn't let me work 2 10 hour shifts instead of 5 4 hour shifts due to their draconic schedule that allows for no deviation. But what surprised me was when I went to the airport to speak to the security director, I found out there was NO further training, I'd have been just let loose on a monitor or with a wand. No post orders, no emergency procedure. Incredible.