VIDEO!!! Saiga-12 Magwell, Bolt Release, LRBHO, Extended M

Fuckin A+ Mike, that was an impressive display. I was wanting a push button, release but as I see the video things are better off where they are right now. The Saiga evolution just took a great step forword in terms of performance in the U.S. market :super:

That mag well is why I am going to buy an S12. The drum will be fun but the mag well with stick mags is the shit.

I would like to see you run a pair of mags clamped together, or you should plan to make a mag clamp that works with your mag well.

Then, find a way to mount a mag on the scope rail so it won't fall off but will come off easily. Takes the place of the side saddle on standard SG's

On the Black Ops part, will the mag release only work with a converted gun? And edit your video, put the description of the gun FIRST. Even at a distance I was fixated on that black tin plate every time I watched it.

Edited by Zoub
That mag well is why I am going to buy an S12. The drum will be fun but the mag well with stick mags is the shit.

I would like to see you run a pair of mags clamped together, or you should plan to make a mag clamp that works with your mag well.

Then, find a way to mount a mag on the scope rail so it won't fall off but will come off easily. Takes the place of the side saddle on standard SG's

I would say that any clamps in use by people now would work fine as is. The mag on the scope mount is an interesting idea! I haven't messed with the scope mount much but I think something could be done rather easy. I really don't have the time right now to mess with it but if someone doesn't have it covered by the time I get more free time I will play with the idea. Also back to the mag clamp.... That would be a lightning fast change. I have no doubt some people will be blowing my time of around 3 seconds away!

I have seen mention of being able to keep the mags bone stock with the magwell and was wondering if this is confirmed?

So far I have only seen passing mention of it and since that would be the selling point for me I thought I'd ask now that these are a reality. Thank you for the video Mike.

I have seen mention of being able to keep the mags bone stock with the magwell and was wondering if this is confirmed?

So far I have only seen passing mention of it and since that would be the selling point for me I thought I'd ask now that these are a reality. Thank you for the video Mike.

Actually I let that idea go. It would have taken away the drop free which was not acceptable to me. Also it would have not worked with all mags. Instead I'm going to make a new 10rd mag to go with them. I'll be making a 10rd mag in both regular format (no magwell) as well as magwell ready. The new 10rd mag will be better material, will have a metal insert, more interior room for better out of box function, and a one piece design rather than 2 halves...

I would say that any clamps in use by people now would work fine as is. The mag on the scope mount is an interesting idea! I haven't messed with the scope mount much but I think something could be done rather easy. I really don't have the time right now to mess with it but if someone doesn't have it covered by the time I get more free time I will play with the idea. Also back to the mag clamp.... That would be a lightning fast change. I have no doubt some people will be blowing my time of around 3 seconds away!

and a great way to switch betwen shot and slugs, color the mags and clamp together.

On the scope rail, who knows, but I see a quick release, slide forward, mag is riding horizontal. Just planting a seed! It is a low dollar item, but you might as well outfit three gunners to the hilt from your web site. The mags will bring you the traffic to your web site, sell small shit with good mark up along with the mags.

Actually I let that idea go. It would have taken away the drop free which was not acceptable to me. Also it would have not worked with all mags. Instead I'm going to make a new 10rd mag to go with them. I'll be making a 10rd mag in both regular format (no magwell) as well as magwell ready. The new 10rd mag will be better material, will have a metal insert, more interior room for better out of box function, and a one piece design rather than 2 halves...

Mike D -- This reply from you opens up a small bag of questions. Since apparently a stock Saiga magazine (or aftermarket manufacturer's version) will not function correctly with your magwell design.... Does this mean only your magazine design will function correctly with your magwell? If so.... I suppose I'll be one of the first to say, "that kinda sucks Bro!"

Will Saiga-12 owners not be able to appropriately modify their existing S-12 mags so that they may function correctly in your magwell? I.e., whatever mag modificantion may be involved, is it a relatively simple process.... one which the laymen S-12 owner could easily perform without special tools???

Hmmmm....

Mike D -- This reply from you opens up a small bag of questions. Since apparently a stock Saiga magazine (or aftermarket manufacturer's version) will not function correctly with your magwell design.... Does this mean only your magazine design will function correctly with your magwell? If so.... I suppose I'll be one of the first to say, "that kinda sucks Bro!"

Will Saiga-12 owners not be able to appropriately modify their existing S-12 mags so that they may function correctly in your magwell? I.e., whatever mag modificantion may be involved, is it a relatively simple process.... one which the laymen S-12 owner could easily perform without special tools???

Hmmmm....

Gary, Any mag can be easily modded to work with the magwell. I just figured we could use a better 10rd mag anyways and if I can make them magwell ready, would be a super big plus for the most people that don't like to make mods themselves.

Gary, Any mag can be easily modded to work with the magwell. I just figured we could use a better 10rd mag anyways and if I can make them magwell ready, would be a super big plus for the most people that don't like to make mods themselves.

Well holy-friggen-cow Mike! You had me bloody-worried there for a moment!

I'm hugely relieved to know that we will still be able to use our stock mags (after having performed exceptionally minor modifications) with your wonderful magwell.

:super: .... :super: .... :super: .... :super:

P.S.: If time constraints, funding, product development and etc. allow, please don't forget that us "minority" S-20 owners would be hugely appreciative to be able to procure magwells as well!!!!!!!!!!

Well holy-friggen-cow Mike! You had me bloody-worried there for a moment!

I'm hugely relieved to know that we will still be able to use our stock mags (after having performed exceptionally minor modifications) with your wonderful magwell.

:super: .... :super: .... :super: .... :super:

P.S.: If time constraints, funding, product development and etc. allow, please don't forget that us "minority" S-20 owners would be hugely appreciative to be able to procure magwells as well!!!!!!!!!!

Eventually I'm going to look at every caliber and gauge of saigas to see which can be made to work with a magwell.

Mike,

That looks awesome! Will your drum mag fit the magwell or would it require modification?

Thanks

The magwell in the video won't take the drum, but I do have a version that fits sticks and drums both. That way everyone will be able to have one.

OK,, looks super but let me ask a couple Q's.

1. How will this mawell work with currently converted guns with extended mag releases and LRBHO??

2. Will the mag mod affect the LRBHO if we have one and still function as installed?

3. The vidieo shows you installing a full 10 rounder on a closed bolt. Is it really as easy as it looks to seat it?? Its a bear now with stock guns.

4. IF your going to to make a mag consider this. Current rules in 3 USPSA allow for 12 rounds loaded in the gun at start. Why not make the mag a 12 rounder and be done with it? Unless its that easy to load and seat mags with the magwell then an 11 rounder would do with one in the pipe to start.

cause if your wanting a piece of the 3 gun pie go all the way and kill the competition. There is already talk of making stages less than Saiga freindly by the round count and the way slugs are thrown in. I have not seen it myself since Im the only one I know who is using one in local stuff. BUT Im sure there are others who could chime in. All I ask is dont limit yourself to 10 unless its a ATF thing maybe. Go to the Enos boards and look at the slavish devotion those guys have to benelli. You could have the whole market if you cater to the need for round counts. Im sure some of the custom gun makers over there are already lurking here and worried shitless. And trying to figure out how to get in on it cause if YOU dont make a 12 round mag,, believe me someone will.

Looks like Im gonna have to work some more OT to pay for all of this. Damn.

You sure about that 12 rounds in the gun to start??? I believe USPSA is 10 + 1 for open division

Edited by HummerDawg

Great video Mike.That ambi bolt release is the shit. On the drums,just an ideal...maybe you could print out a paper pattern indexing the cutout for the LRBHO,maybe put it in with any instructions that you might include.Im not gonna want to butcher my drums any more than i have to :o:)

Edited by Pointer

I look forward to seeing this product come to market. The difficulty of reloading a stock Saiga 12 is one of the systems biggest drawbacks. I am always looking for ways to improve that function.

I'm surprised no one pointed this out to me. At the end of the video, (like a dork) I said my mag pouch was by Levi-Stratus! :lolol: My girl friend was "kind :haha: " enough to point out the error. I said "stratus" instead or strauss. I'm a dumb-ass. Leave it to a woman to point out something that involves clothing! On closer inspection they wasn't Levi's anyway, they was Route 66.