Soo got a 223 Saiga yesterday

I picked this up NIB off a board member here, got it in yesterday and had some spare time this afternoon. So far I have $250 gun, $12 triggerguard, $3 rivets, $40 in Triggerguard rivet jig, and 1.5 hours.

I figured for the tim involved might as well use a Real AK triggerguard and not jimmy up the old TG.

I have a Stock on order also a PG and trigger group, I am waiting on my Polish underfolder recievers to get here figured I would piddle with this while I wait!

523830.JPG

I picked this up NIB off a board member here, got it in yesterday and had some spare time this afternoon. So far I have $250 gun, $12 triggerguard, $3 rivets, $40 in Triggerguard rivet jig, and 1.5 hours.

I figured for the tim involved might as well use a Real AK triggerguard and not jimmy up the old TG.

I have a Stock on order also a PG and trigger group, I am waiting on my Polish underfolder recievers to get here figured I would piddle with this while I wait!

523830.JPG

I replaced the TG too.

Keeping the old parts for a bullpup build in .223

A while back Military gun supply had a stack of rear reciever sections for Romy's for sale, Included trunion stock and Trigger guard, I picked up a few extra when I was buying some Romy kits.

Centerfire sells them without the mag catch, which BTW your Saiga does come with one!

Just need to find a rivet or salvage your rivet.

BTW if you dont have a triggerguard jig, you need to get one. I have been using diff methods of doing the guards on my build and ran accross a used Jig, it takes less than 5 mins to do the triggerguard and the rivets look awesome! worth all $35 I paid for it!

Edited by poke