New Wooden Furniture Need help

man that looks sharp. is that from battlerifle3. What kind of wood? some woods do not hold a stain well at all. I got some walnut grips for my Walther P38 but the look I wanted was closer to the reddish tone of the plastic bakelite they came with in WWII. The walnut would not take the stain. I got min wax merlot stain and mixed it in min wax satin polyutherane and kept doing multiple coats with foam brushes until I got what I wanted. Just keep stretching it out not to leave any brush strokes and real light sanding between coats. Then I finished it off with some just clear coats. The color is real similar to some of the AK stocks and would look good I think.

man that looks sharp. is that from battlerifle3. What kind of wood? some woods do not hold a stain well at all. I got some walnut grips for my Walther P38 but the look I wanted was closer to the reddish tone of the plastic bakelite they came with in WWII. The walnut would not take the stain. I got min wax merlot stain and mixed it in min wax satin polyutherane and kept doing multiple coats with foam brushes until I got what I wanted. Just keep stretching it out not to leave any brush strokes and real light sanding between coats. Then I finished it off with some just clear coats. The color is real similar to some of the AK stocks and would look good I think.

Yes it is BR3.I really like it also.thanks for the feedback

post-7359-1193362347_thumb.jpgHere is a pic of my Updated Saiga 12 -I could use someone who can help me FINISH the wood like a professional job . If you know someone who can do a quality job please let me know.Also please take a look at this beautiful Saiga.

Ken

Ken,

I can either do this for you or tell you how to do it. - It's not hard. I will have to know a few things before so I can give you some direction.

What type of wood is it? What color do you want to end up with? What type of sealant (Tung Oil, Varnish, Polyurethane) Hi-gloss/Low gloss? Where are you Located?

This is a handguard set from one of my AK's: (African Padouk with Tung Oil finish)

P1020124.jpg

Let me know

sKott

I like your handguard and want something as nice. I would like to work with TUNG OIL(?) I am interested in your help. I have also sent you a private message

Thanks again!

post-7359-1193362347_thumb.jpgHere is a pic of my Updated Saiga 12 -I could use someone who can help me FINISH the wood like a professional job . If you know someone who can do a quality job please let me know.Also please take a look at this beautiful Saiga.

Ken

Ken,

I can either do this for you or tell you how to do it. - It's not hard. I will have to know a few things before so I can give you some direction.

What type of wood is it? What color do you want to end up with? What type of sealant (Tung Oil, Varnish, Polyurethane) Hi-gloss/Low gloss? Where are you Located?

This is a handguard set from one of my AK's: (African Padouk with Tung Oil finish)

P1020124.jpg

Let me know

sKott

man, I posted a really good bunch of tips and techniques in here last night on finishing techniques, and I think I mighta closed the window before it was sent or something. shit.

wait a second, what happened to the posts from the member with the 1 -10 ideas? HMMMMMmm very strange indeed.

Don't want to cut in on your action sKott, Ironwood Designs has some excellent dying and finishing tips on their site...

I went with Ironwood once for a slant cut ak. If I had to do it again I think I'd try http://gripsnstocks.com/index.html (pricy, but beautiful).

John thanks for the lead to grips and stocks he is gonna finish my furniture.Great lead.

Ken