Anybody shot Lithuanian Surplus .308?

Hello

I noticed AIM was offering Lithuanian Surplus .308 manufactured in '02-'03 for $500 and change for 1K rounds.

Anybody have experience with this stuff?

It sounds reloadable, brass cartridges, boxer primed...Comes in sealed battlepacks (200 rounds per...)

Thanks for any info....

guido2 in Houston

From the ammunitiontogo website:

"This is .308 Lithuanian Military Surplus 146gr. FMJ Ammo. This ammo is brass cased, boxer primed, 100% non-corrosive and has an all copper FMJ bullet, so a magnet will not stick to the bullet. This ammo was manufactured in 2003-2004 by Giraites Ginkluotes Gamykla - Giraite Armament Factory in Lithuania. This Factory was established in 2000 and in 2002 the quality assurance system according to ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001:1996 standards was implemented. This is ammo is premium quality Mil-Spec. ammo. This ammo comes packed in 200rd. sealed waterproof battlepacks, 1000rds per wood crate."

From the sounds of it they should be reloadable. According to their website this ammo is NATO spec and has been authorized to be branded as such. http://www.ggg-ammo.lt/en/762.php

Hope that helps.

From the ammunitiontogo website:

"This is .308 Lithuanian Military Surplus 146gr. FMJ Ammo. This ammo is brass cased, boxer primed, 100% non-corrosive and has an all copper FMJ bullet, so a magnet will not stick to the bullet. This ammo was manufactured in 2003-2004 by Giraites Ginkluotes Gamykla - Giraite Armament Factory in Lithuania. This Factory was established in 2000 and in 2002 the quality assurance system according to ISO 9001:2000 and ISO 14001:1996 standards was implemented. This is ammo is premium quality Mil-Spec. ammo. This ammo comes packed in 200rd. sealed waterproof battlepacks, 1000rds per wood crate."

From the sounds of it they should be reloadable. According to their website this ammo is NATO spec and has been authorized to be branded as such. http://www.ggg-ammo.lt/en/762.php

Hope that helps.

Thank you, Sir! Any experience with said ammo?

guido2 in Houston

"In 2005 cartridges has successfully passed the quality tests in NATO ERTC in Pendine and GGG has received a right to mark cartridges with NATO interchangeability sign"

The above quote indicates that they only received the NATO certification in 2005 and that would leave your questioned batch out Guido2.

Whoops!

Good catch 1911. I should have read closer but the NATO thing caught my eye and I ran with it.

Guido, I have not shot this ammo...actually, I have not shot in some time because I quickly realized that I had a slightly canted front sight post when I tried to zero the weapon. I'm waiting for my RPK rear sight with windage knob to see if I can get a proper sight alignment without having to repin the FSB.

In all honesty, I was waiting for someone else to field test this ammo but I'll try and pick some up and shoot it next weekend because my RPK sight ought to be in by then.

why buy old mil-surplus for $525 + $23 shipping = $548. when u can go down to walmart and buy ammo that you can hunt with i can buy fed power shock 150gr for $10.98 a box tax and all $10.98x 50=$549, just bought some today. i will not buy any mil-surplus unless its ALOT cheaper than what i can get on the civilian market. best of all my name dosent go on a list :haha:

why buy old mil-surplus for $525 + $23 shipping = $548. when u can go down to walmart and buy ammo that you can hunt with i can buy fed power shock 150gr for $10.98 a box tax and all $10.98x 50=$549, just bought some today. i will not buy any mil-surplus unless its ALOT cheaper than what i can get on the civilian market. best of all my name dosent go on a list :haha:

Hello, Cryptkeeper

Well, Wally-world has decided that ammo is not a viable product to market here in the Houston area. Took all the guns out, and they are selling off the ammo and not restocking it, it appears.

Not that I can't find similar elsewhere on the internet... I still prefer to give 8.25% to the vendor as opposed to the state tax nazi's....

Respectfully posted,

guido2 in houston

Walmarts in my area need to stop selling guns and ammo they dont have anything hardly,two years ago you could buy 10mm and 357 sig not anymore, Sportsmans Warehouse,Dicks and some local gunshops have anything I need,Its sad when a bottle of freakn apple juice in walmart says made in China, just my .02 cents

I stay away from Wally World. They kind of pissed On Sam "Made in Americe" Walton's grave didn't they?

I try but they still have 45 acp cci for 9.50-10.50 a box here. I use the onlines for surplus and militery 7.62, but HSM is the place for .308 and .223. ( I really prefer the 168 gr vs 150gr unless its just plinking.)

Wallmart,Kmart and Sports Authority have removed ALL guns and ammo from their PG Co. MD stores.

Maybe you'r Co is next?

I think they got a little freeked when the roofies were "shopping" in their firearms departments during the hurricane clown-show.

I would imagine a liability lawsuit from some lawsuit-hungry victim scared the ammo out of 'em....

guido2 in Houston

on the ammo rebates read the fine print....2 boxes per household,upc codes and stand on your head and count backwards from 100,is it woth 6-8 weeks and alot of times never unless you call and bug the shit out of them just for a few bucks?

I haven't sent any in yet. The guy that put me on to the Federal said his came back in one week.

Edit to add: he was buying the .223Rem Power shok 200 round value packs that wally world sales. I wouldn't be surprised if the home of everyone he knows sent rebates in.

Edited by cscharlie