Muzzle Brakes

I guess I'm a little new to the idea of a muzzle break on a shotgun . I understand their function pretty well , but I am none too familiar with their effect on a shotgun round fired from a barrel with one installed...or what type of loads can be used safely with a brake...the first question is probably an obvious one..is a brake a "slug only" attachment or can shot be fired through one without blowing the thing apart?...IF shot CAN be fired through a brake , what effect does it have on the spread pattern?and what choke would it be comparable to?...ok , on the other hand , with a slug (rifled or otherwise) will i lose accuracy using one ? , or is this not a problem considering the velocities and ranges a slug is used at anyway? I understand that alot of the specifics depend on the design of the brake itself so im just looking for a general idea...also I would imagine a brake would make for a VERY loud 12ga...anybody out there who has some experience with these things in practice?..Ive been reading through the forum for a few months now and have finally made the commitment to pick one of these bad boys(shotguns) up ..in fact the order is going in tomorrow..but this one subject I havent seen discussed in any of the threads..they certainly dress up the weapon in a big way , but is the function as impressive as the form?(I know that a good brake on a rifle will reduce recoil by around 50% , Barrett claims 65% in their .50 BMG's and Ive seen 45% from some .223's)...luckily , I cant find one "currently" for sale anyway , so , I have a little while to investigate this..lol...but any info , links , etc., anyone here can pass along would be greatly appreciated...thanx in advance

ps. with a recoil pad , buffer and brake I bet this puppy is a real cream-puff to fire eh? but I would bet , pretty loud too :eek: ..I can imagine the flash pattern has to be something to see also :killer: , especially with the 3 inch shells..and at night :angel: ...definitely goin with the threaded 19 incher...