Proto type is finished.....

well elf beater, aka VanKiller, near as I can calculate now is NEXT WEEK, the promised let the cat out of the bag time. Spill some beans or at least play charades with us.

I personally will unveil next week photos of a clever but ingeniously mod that takes care of a MAJOR annoyance with the S12 and all saigas. It is so SIMPLE and CRUDE but EFFECTIVE that Mikhal K. himself would present me with a red star smack in the middle of my feverish forehead as a reward.

~~~~~~~~~~`Hey It's coming, the prints were supposed to back by today.......Sorry but I'm not releasin early and steppin on my dick Again........~~~~~`Soon as the paperwork is mail...you will get the pics..........got them loaded an ready to go.........besides this week last till Friday....anyway..........~~~~~ :ded:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I'm looking at my gun I can, at this time anyway, only see a few possibilities for calilber neutral mods. Of course it could also be a mod that is easily manufactured for different calibers but with the same principal design.

IMO the following items are possible or even needed (hint for product developers):

1. A new pistol grip with built in safe (similar to 1911) and bolt release.

2. Some sort of self-adjusting stock or forend with built in flashlight/laser/gps/whatever.

3. Sight/rail/picatinny mounts that allow hig & low mount of loads of gear.

4. A new forend with built-in mechanics for operating safe, gas, mag release and bolt release.

5. A new LRBHO with a simple manual toggle (for tactical mag change without pain).

6. An automatic or at least simplified gas-adjustment device that replaces the factory adjustment cap.

7. Bolt-handle that makes the operation ambidextrous.

8. A modified safe that makes it quicker and/or ambidextrous.

9. Automatic mag release (follower kicks in and allow you to rip out an empty mag).

10. Bolt release operated with the thumb.

...or a combination of some/all of the above.

I would buy any of these. But especially #6 as it is needed for competition, or for zombie control, where you would need to switch between 00/bird/slug without shooting yourself in the face or getting feeding problems.

My first guess was a LRBHO. Although maybe a dust cover with a nice rail down the top and rear peep site, that hinges by replacing the rear site leaf and attaches to the rear trunion via thumb screw :unsure: Better yet, maybe it's a template that we can use to engrave Miss Saiga on the reciever. Kind of like the "Haulin Ass" mud flaps babe. :wub:

Better yet, maybe it's a template that we can use to engrave Miss Saiga on the reciever. Kind of like the "Haulin Ass" mud flaps babe. :wub:

:wub::wub::wub:

I don't think you could quite capture her most endearing feature on a silhouette very well though.

Better yet, maybe it's a template that we can use to engrave Miss Saiga on the reciever. Kind of like the "Haulin Ass" mud flaps babe. :wub:

:wub::wub::wub:

I don't think you could quite capture her most endearing feature on a silhouette very well though.

Her smile?

well elf beater, aka VanKiller, near as I can calculate now is NEXT WEEK, the promised let the cat out of the bag time. Spill some beans or at least play charades with us.

I personally will unveil next week photos of a clever but ingeniously mod that takes care of a MAJOR annoyance with the S12 and all saigas. It is so SIMPLE and CRUDE but EFFECTIVE that Mikhal K. himself would present me with a red star smack in the middle of my feverish forehead as a reward.

Sounds good roc!

Sorry, I thought rocinante came up with something too. I didn't realize it was a copy of a previos post. :lolol:

tom, when are you going to release info on this? just curious? this is very entertaining, actually.

My blueprint guy is coming over tonite to pick up a S&W pre-29, He is supposed to have the drawings with him, soon as the application is in I'll throw the rest of the pics up, and start takin orders :blues: Unless these guys just want me to go to the ak forum instead, I mean if they aren't interested..........

tom, when are you going to release info on this? just curious? this is very entertaining, actually.

My blueprint guy is coming over tonite to pick up a S&W pre-29, He is supposed to have the drawings with him, soon as the application is in I'll throw the rest of the pics up, and start takin orders :blues: Unless these guys just want me to go to the ak forum instead, I mean if they aren't interested..........

They tried to get me to stop babbling about new, unspoken of parts, ghostly parts but I wouldn't. Now look at me.....

180px-Insane.jpg

It's the end of the "Next week" which is NOW! Where are the pics!

The only thing I need for my AK is a 12 ga. SBS mounted below the 7.62 barrel. that would be sweeet. put a folder on the 12ga. and give it a quick detach feature for separating and using as a second gun.... in fact, why havn't we done this? It can double as a forward grip. BLAMO!

Make a SBS with an over-the-dust-cover rail mount for attaching below a .308/.223/x39 rifle forend rail.... Folded stock.... now I want one.

~~~~~~~~~~`Hey It's coming, the prints were supposed to back by today.......Sorry but I'm not releasin early and steppin on my dick Again........~~~~~`Soon as the paperwork is mail...you will get the pics..........got them loaded an ready to go.........besides this week last till Friday....anyway..........~~~~~ :ded:

OK, it's Friday afternoon and I've only spent $196.00 on gun stuff today. I can't let the spending spree fizzle out now! Over the last 8 weeks I think I'm in the neighborhood of $2300+ and still going-don't let me down :unsure: :unsure:

This thread is great for any designer or engineer with all of the awesome ideas you guys have come up with. I like the idea of a double or quad stack mag myself. That or G36 style mags that are transparent and still tough.

I think a double stack will be plenty complicated to make reliable with a shotgun round. Now, someone, please build one.

Also, how about a synthetic drum for rifle cartridges? 100-120 rounds in a (relatively) lightweight vessel? And how about marketing some of those quad stack mags for 5.56 and 7.62 rifles?

well there seem to be a few ideas floating around this thread, heres one for free if any one wants to develop it further then go ahead, i was using my 10 rd mag last week, and on the last round the bolt held itself open!! and i do not have the auto hold open feature. it was the plastic part of the mag that pushes the shells up from the bottom, it had come out farther than normal and held the bolt open, though it did knick the plastic a tad, so if a mag were modified to hold the bolt on the last shot while it may not speed you up any cause it still closes once the mag i removed (unless the bottom piece were some how modified) it would still at least let you know for sure you were clear. just an idea, as a result of something that seems easy enough to modify