.308 Scope Mount Options

Yo fellas,

I'm looking into picking up a scope mount for my .308 since the factory one doesn't work after I converted to pistol grip. Question is this: I was thinking about getting this one:

http://www.leapers.com/pages/mounting%20sy...-mnt-978-c.htm#

but I don't know if my weaver style rings will fit on a picatinny rail. I'm guessing most scope rings will go on a picatinny rail?

Even as I write this it sounds like the stupidest question I've ever read! I've never dealt with much else besides iron sites on a gun, so I'm totally ignorant.

Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks.

I haven't used a top cover mount. I have 2 of these mounts:

BP-02 low mount

Yuri at Freedom Optics is a good guy to deal with, emailed and called me when I somehow managed to screw up my order. Shipping is fast as he is here in the US.

Be aware that you can't use your iron sights with the scope attached and bigger/longer scopes with a objective lens larger than 40mm will probably interfere with your rear sight. Larger objectives and/or using the irons can be accomplished by using the "high" mount. Avoid set screw mounts as they make field striping a PITA. I also have one of these:

Yukon scope mount

The rail is out of spec, bends easily (by hand) and the rail mounting screws will walk out under recoil. I tried 3 different brands of rings on this bastard, Leopold, Weaver and some older rings that I had laying around and none would lock on properly to the rail. The Weaver Grand Slams eventually worked because I got the steel rings to bite in to the aluminum rail. This one is now consigned to my junk box.

hope this helps

So what's wrong with the POSP line of scopes ?

I gotta a Burl style mount on my Saiga 308.

Works great.