digital camo .308

Yo. I really like digital camo now adays. Ive seen miltary sniper rifles that are painted this way, but searchin the web nothing comes up.

So, I bought some of the marine digital camo gun tape. It is awesome, but cleary there is alot of moving and/or removable parts. I managed to do a good job. and it does look sick. Except kinda funny where theres a black square from sight to the stock.

Is there any type of adhesive i could use with the tape to get it to stick on the left side and other parts the of the gun that arnt moving. The tape has to stick to itself and there just isnt a way to make it work. so an adhesive would be needed. Any ideas?

Also does anyone know about getting a rifle painted in digital camo.

Edited by friggest
Yo. I really like digital camo nowadays. Ive seen military sniper rifles that are painted this way, but searching the web nothing comes up.

So, I bought some of the marine digital camo gun tape. It is awesome, but clearly there is a lot of moving and/or removable parts. I managed to do a good job. and it does look sick. Except kinda funny where theres a black square from sight to the stock.

Is there any type of adhesive i could use with the tape to get it to stick on the left side and other parts the of the gun that aren't moving. The tape has to stick to itself and there just isnt a way to make it work. so an adhesive would be needed. Any ideas?

Also does anyone know about getting a rifle painted in digital camo.

I like the desert digital too, very good around here (southwest VA).

Not quite sure where on the gun you're talking about, pictures would be helpful and enjoyable. :rolleyes:

I'm planning on doing my 308 in either multicam or just plain 'ole camo, but I may try the desert digital if I think about it enough. Seems that if you either found or cut your own patterns, it wouldn't be too bad to do any type of camo. Only other thing would be finding the right colors.

Hope that helped some,

Acer

ah yes. thats awesome. seems like a nice project. too bad they dont have marine digital camo but maybe i could find the right colors and order the templates. ill need to do more research.

thanks for the link

I'll second that thanks too. ;-)

I think the Desert MirageFlage is their take on Marpat. I'm thinking I might have to spring for a kit since I have no experience or know-how regarding airbrushing/painting stuff.

Acer

ah yes. thats awesome. seems like a nice project. too bad they dont have marine digital camo but maybe i could find the right colors and order the templates. ill need to do more research.

thanks for the link

glad to "halfway" be of service

you should beable to send them a pattern and the can put it on their computer and copy it and color match it of you can change the colors might need to call them.

Sorry guys, didn't see this thread. Kind of been outta the loop for a while.

I got really interested in gun finishing a year or two ago. I started by reading EVERYTHING on the refinishing thread on AR15.com AR15.com refinishing website I learned a ton from everyone on that site. It has most of the answers to the questions you are wondering.

After a lot of research, and trying out a few products, I settled on Duracoat. It is a great product. Most refinishers use bulldog templates.

I've now done quite a few projects, from a lot of different people, all via word of mouth. When people see the results, it's easy to get more work. I've done everything from simple one-color jobs, to the hardest of them all - the multicam. You see a lot of multicam imposters. A true multicam is very difficult to do. That is somewhat true with the digitals too. Check out the photos on the AR site, if you look closely you can see the differences between a good job and a so-so job.

Marine digital in either woodland or desert is very doable if you know what you're doing. If you have some apptitude and are willing to invest some time, and a little bit of money, you can get a great result.

Here's a pic of my version of multicam with a sheet of multicam fabric for a background. Here's the link to where I posted it - you can check out the feedback. multicam tikka

DSC02672.jpg

Since you are wondering about digital, here's one of mine...a buddies 6.5 Gredal. I have this gun waiting for me right now (taking a little hunting hiatus). I'm now doing a bipod, Mark 4 scope, rings etc. to match the rest of the gun. This gun draws a crowd...

DSC02342.jpg

DSC02338.jpg

Let me know if you have any other questions or I can help in any way.

the mutlicam looks top-notch.

personally tho i dont like the acu digital on a gun. it looks like a toy to me, kinda glossy. but it looks well done. have you ever matched it up next to some acu digital fatigues? i bet it would blend well.

do you do any of this work for charge?

i dont picture myself knowing what im doing first time around. and dont have the time or money to learn at the moment.

thanks. the guns look sweet.

our long standing member, vjor knows quite a bit about duracoat. I am going to get up with him in the futture here, and help him do one or two of my guns, actaully. maybe he will see this thread and comment further.

nice work, montana3gunner

the mutlicam looks top-notch.

personally tho i dont like the acu digital on a gun. it looks like a toy to me, kinda glossy. but it looks well done. have you ever matched it up next to some acu digital fatigues? i bet it would blend well.

do you do any of this work for charge?

i dont picture myself knowing what im doing first time around. and dont have the time or money to learn at the moment.

thanks. the guns look sweet.

Thanks for the nice comments guys.

The ACU blends fairly well. The pattern is pretty good, although I've switched to a little busier digital to match the fatigues better. I'm a little disappointed with the stock ACU color packs from Duracoat. I think the lightest color, the tan, is too green. I'm custom mixing my ACU tan now. The other two colors match really well. Course, if you want MARPAT or Marine Desert Digital, then you'd have to use different colors and/or custom colors.

A lot of the refinishers around the country post on the AR15 refinishing site, so you can compare everyone's work and see if some strike you as better than others. When it comes to digital patterns, I'd rank Stang1 as the best followed by probably enforcer22, then mine...but that's just my humble opinion, and that's just the one's I have seen and remember. When it comes to multi-cam..the project I did is about as good as I've seen. My goal was the best multi-cam job ever. You can"t imagine how much time I put into that gun!

I do take on some projects for money. I pretty much just do one project a month. That's about it, but I want my work to be high-quality. I might be willing to work out a deal with you, I can give you refrences if you like. PM me if you are interested in more details and/or interested.

Edited by Montana3gunner