AR 15 mag adapter

I am still working on my rifle its been about 2 yrs and got side tracked with other projects like learning to reaload ammo building computers and such. I just got around to ordering my guide from dinzag, and got an email saying it shipped today hope to get it monday so i can finish up my saiga. As soon as i get the guide it i will put it together. So is the round feeding up the ramp and still hitting the bottom chamber as if there was no bullet guide. If i remember right someone was having that same problem about a yr or 2 ago and posted on the forum how to fix it, I think is saiga sn is Vajor.

In your pic is it hitting were i have it marked RED?

post-4533-12587795687464_thumb.jpg

I am still working on my rifle its been about 2 yrs and got side tracked with other projects like learning to reaload ammo building computers and such. I just got around to ordering my guide from dinzag, and got an email saying it shipped today hope to get it monday so i can finish up my saiga. As soon as i get the guide it i will put it together. So is the round feeding up the ramp and still hitting the bottom chamber as if there was no bullet guide. If i remember right someone was having that same problem about a yr or 2 ago and posted on the forum how to fix it, I think is saiga sn is Vajor.

In your pic is it hitting were i have it marked RED?

Nope. Its the bullet guide hitting the tip of the bullets square on. Like the mags not coming up high enough. I kind of got past them hitting the bullet guide but they get jammed going forward....

Got my bullet guide from Dinzag yesterday and installed it. After installing it i loaded up a 30rd Pmag and the bullet was smacking into the tip of the ramp just like yours and bending the brass ammo and denting the steel ammo, I tried 4 30rd mags and all was having the same problem. Went and got a 20rd Colt mag and hand cycled it and worked like a charm dont know why it likes the 20rd mags and not the 30 rd mags maybe something to do with the spring and follower? When I can get a 30rd mag to work the bolt sometime rides over the round as its feeding causing it to jam, When i insert a mag it has a little side to side backward forward play like some of the WASR 10, does your do that or is it a solid lock up? Im thinking of getting the MSA mag Adapter to see if its the UA mag adapter causing the problem. If you get yours working with 30rd mags let me know what you did to make it work.

here is a picture of the jammed i get with a 30rd mags the bolt likes to ride over the left around all the time. But works perfect with a Colt 20rd mag

post-4533-12591173432354_thumb.jpg

I could swear the MSA mag adapter didn't work with colt 20 rounders. Some thing about the feed lips being to long. Picture of your colt mag please. I must be lost... :ded:

here is a picture of my colt 20rd

post-4533-12592986784097_thumb.jpg

post-4533-1259298688334_thumb.jpg

Can anyone please tell me were I can order one of these adapters

The UA one looks the best,

Want a nice Christmas gift for myself,

Thanks,

Crash28

The original UA's offered came from a Hawain source. These had to be drilled for the mag release pivot pin. A vendor bought the lot and sold completed adapters. I am glad I bought 2 of the Hawain UA's.

buckmeister

Edited by buckmeister