Another mag fed shotgun

its not about state laws, it is a foreign made weapon so it is subject to our importation laws, thats why the saiga series comes with the S stock and the FCG moved to the rear, it was imported as a "sporter" whether or not the upper is post ban or not is inconsequential, the CAR stock pistol grip and detachable mag is what kills this as an importable weapon. I could be wrong, but that is my understanding of the laws....

that is pretty cool. Taurus has a 410 / 45 revolver that is calling to me to purchase one just because of the novelty.

I got to handle one of the Judges a few months ago..wicked looking thing.The owner sold 6 of them in just a few days out of his small basement shop.

that is pretty cool. Taurus has a 410 / 45 revolver that is calling to me to purchase one just because of the novelty.

I got to handle one of the Judges a few months ago..wicked looking thing.The owner sold 6 of them in just a few days out of his small basement shop.

My ideas of self defense have changed drastically after seeing them. Birdshot? Buckshot? AWESOME.

I still want Tony R. to make me a 410 AR when I get the money, cost prohibitive can go blow. I did ask him about this uhhh..? I dunno two years ago? I think? and that is what he said. its a big to-do for him to make it happen.

I tell you what. If I can afford one, I definately want one, cost prohibitive or not! If I had the money, fuck it, charge me for it and just MAKE IT. ;)

cool stuff. glad to see it

My ideas of self defense have changed drastically after seeing them. Birdshot? Buckshot? AWESOME.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

In a nutshell the article is below. I hope that your ideas on self defense haven't changed so drastically that you would trust one of these for your own protection.

Lessons learned:

1. Jack bought this pistol for snakes and it looks like a fine tool for that job.

2. Birdshot, in any gauge, is for little birds.

3. Buckshot out of a .410 does not penetrate enough to be an effective personal defense load.

4. The rifled slug was also a disappointment and did not have enough weight or power or penetration to be effective as a defense load.

5. The .45 Long Colt loads had plenty of penetration and would be the preferred defense load for this pistol.

6. It's fun to bust clays with this pistol.

http://www.theboxotruth.com/docs/bot41.htm

In a nutshell the article is below. I hope that your ideas on self defense haven't changed so drastically that you would trust one of these for your own protection.

Lessons learned:

1. Jack bought this pistol for snakes and it looks like a fine tool for that job.

2. Birdshot, in any gauge, is for little birds.

3. Buckshot out of a .410 does not penetrate enough to be an effective personal defense load.

4. The rifled slug was also a disappointment and did not have enough weight or power or penetration to be effective as a defense load.

5. The .45 Long Colt loads had plenty of penetration and would be the preferred defense load for this pistol.

6. It's fun to bust clays with this pistol.

Nah, I'm not stupid. I understand that if a human comes after you that you have to drop him before he drops you. Birdshot would kill a man. In several hours.

I'd load 3 bird and 3 .45 for small and large animals.

Thanks for the concern though.

Thanks for the info 1911. I found that I like the Thunder 5 better than the Taurus Judge because it will take 3" shells.

It makes a nice "novelty" sidearm to go with your 3" S-410.

Mac, Taurus now offers a new version of the Judge that will fire 3" shells. :smoke:

Nah, I'm not stupid. I understand that if a human comes after you that you have to drop him before he drops you. Birdshot would kill a man. In several hours.

Actually birdshot in close type of firing WILL be effective at close range, inside rooms for example, the shot will hold a very type patern and penetrate well but won't go through too far (into the next room for example)

Befor anyone argues, I live on a farm and we butcher our own beef. Since I was a kid we have done at least one cow a year shooting it in the head with birdshot from about 10 feet away. I have never seen this fail to do the job. It penetrates the cows skull in about a 3 inch circle killing it instantly. Birdshot would be very effective for cover fire as well. Now to cover all the bases I think the buckshot might be better for two legged problems, giving you better range, but over penetration could be a problem in very close ranges

Thanks for the info 1911. I found that I like the Thunder 5 better than the Taurus Judge because it will take 3" shells.

Mac, Taurus now offers a new version of the Judge that will fire 3" shells. :smoke:

Thanks for the update Badman. For some reason I like the ridiculous looks of the Thunder 5 a bit more. Top pic is the Judge

Lower pic is the Thunder 5. What do you think?

post-429-1194634188_thumb.jpg

post-429-1194634223_thumb.jpg

Edited by MAC_TEK

Thanks for the update Badman. For some reason I like the ridiculous looks of the Thunder 5 a bit more. Top pic is the Judge

I already have a shooter that fires .45LC & .410. :devil:

BondArmsTexasDefender1-9-06005.jpg

I want one of those really bad.

I'm not one of those "AK or AR?" guys. I'm one of those "why not both?" guys.

The gas system on that upper is sweet! I like how easily it appears to disassemble. I've been building ARs for a while and that looks like a low-maintenance honey.

I already have a shooter that fires .45LC & .410. :devil:

BondArmsTexasDefender1-9-06005.jpg

:eek: Holy cow that is one sweet little can-o-whoop ass you have there!

Edited by MAC_TEK