If you are involved in practical shooting please post a link to your gun club so that others in your area can find you. When I first started shooting in these practical matches we would pool our mags and share them among all us TEAM SAIGA members. I rember when RonSwin was in Iraq I had not met him yet he let me borrow a few of those hight dollar factory 8 round mags. The first time I met him I was returning his mags to him. At any rate if you are shooting in competition some place there might just be another Saiga fan near by who you will enjoy shooting with.

One more point I have met a lot of Saiga shooters from this board face to face Cobra, VanKiller, Guillio, RonSwin, Kmoore, the list goes on and on they are all great guys. So do a little networking out there.

If you are involved in practical shooting please post a link to your gun club so that others in your area can find you. When I first started shooting in these practical matches we would pool our mags and share them among all us TEAM SAIGA members. I rember when RonSwin was in Iraq I had not met him yet he let me borrow a few of those hight dollar factory 8 round mags. The first time I met him I was returning his mags to him. At any rate if you are shooting in competition some place there might just be another Saiga fan near by who you will enjoy shooting with.

One more point I have met a lot of Saiga shooters from this board face to face Cobra, VanKiller, Guillio, RonSwin, Kmoore, the list goes on and on they are all great guys. So do a little networking out there.

I'm in Jacksonville, NC about 1-1/2hrs away from Raleigh anyone want to get a shoot'n party together?

"Black Creek will be hosting its' next three gun match on Saturday, November

24. This month we'll be doing what you've come to expect from BC3G - three

stages, all three guns, but there's a twist; each stage will have two (or

three) shooters chosen at random on each stage to team up to take on the

COF. Each shooter will be able to engage all targets if needed to assist

his/her partner(s).

There won't be any division winners, just an overall winner. TAC might be

teamed with OPN, HEMAN with LIM, or any combination thereof. The round count

is high, the stages challenging. Stage 2, for example, has 86 rounds minimum

divided between the two team members.

Stages will be posted to the website soon. I look forward to seeing you on

the 24th. Oh, what do you think turkeys are saying right about now? Yep, you

got it - "Eat more chikin".

Enjoy,

Joe"

It should be a very interesting match I like it when things get mixed up a bit.

http://bc3g.ath.cx/

Edited by topmaul
  • 3 weeks later...

All, (especially Jim).

Andy Horner (Daniel's dad) is holding a 3 gun tourney in central VA. It's announced over on benos.com. I think he's looking to make the eastern version of the rocky mountain 3 gun.

It isn't cheap to enter, but promises to be pretty challenging and ammo intensive. Haven't seen how they are placing Saiga's, my guess is open class.

Here's a link to the announcment he put in benos.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57009

Ron, I am thinking of renting a camper from MWR maybe we could Saiga guys could get a camp ground nearby for our bivouac not doubt we want to squad together do you have any idea what the max range we will be shooting?

• 1 month later...

I shoot Practical Rifle in Oregon.

http://www.practicalrifle.com/

A good safe place to complete and have fun.

All, (especially Jim).

Andy Horner (Daniel's dad) is holding a 3 gun tourney in central VA. It's announced over on benos.com. I think he's looking to make the eastern version of the rocky mountain 3 gun.

It isn't cheap to enter, but promises to be pretty challenging and ammo intensive. Haven't seen how they are placing Saiga's, my guess is open class.

Here's a link to the announcment he put in benos.

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=57009

Hey! That's quite within driving range of me! Hm, I guess if I want to enter, I'd have to get a shotgun.... and practice with my pistol a bunch... and get some hicaps for my S-308... So many things, so little money!

Acer

Black Creek 3 Gun will be hosting its' next match on Saturday, January 26.

Three stages, @ 130 rounds. The Flipper is back (x2) and so is the "small

steel". Those of you who plan to shoot in Limited and/or use a pump shotgun,

well, my hat is off to you. Oh, I almost forgot; we have a Man-on-Man stage

for your enjoyment.

Please remember to bring your chamber flags and to magnet check all the

rifle ammo you will use on Stage 1 (@45 rounds minimum). We will re-check it

at the stage to make sure we treat our steel as kindly as possible.

Send your slot requests to me here. Stages will be posted to the website

soon.

I look forward to seeing you on the 26th.

http://bc3g.ath.cx match website if your in the Richmond VA area this is a great match but seating is limited check out the website!

Florida Space Coast - Port Malabar Rifle & Pistol Club http://pmrpc.com/ is located west of Palm Bay, FL. We shoot 3Gun on the 3rd Saturday of every month and always welcome new shooters. Currently only one Saiga shooter until I get my conversion finished (maybe this weekend).

Topmaul - Did Kyle Lamb ever run anymore 3Guns in Central NC? I shot one of his back in 2003 but he deployed after that and I haven't seen any others listed. It was definitely one of the best I've ever shot.

Nevermind........answered my own question.

From the VikingTactics.com site:

"The Seventh Annual North American Tactical 3-Gun Championships will be delayed possibly another year.

The Seventh Annual North American Tactical 3-Gun Championships will be delayed possibly another year due to the current war effort and Kyle's dedication and commitment to the service of this nation.

We'll keep you posted and appreciate your continued support and promotion of the match."

It looks like he is busy in other areas of endeavor:

Green Eyes & Black Rifles:

The Warriors Guide to the Combat Carbine

By: Retired SGM Kyle E. Lamb

Price: $34.99

Top,

Check out www.flpracticalshooting.com. If you are going to be close to the Tampa Bay area the Hernando Sportsmans Club runs a 3-gun/2-gun (shotgun/pistol) match usually the 2nd saturday of each month. It a;ternates from month to month so you would just have to check the calendar. January was 3 gun. Great facility...shoot house,300 yard range, multiple different bays,even a machine gun shoot scheduled for february./nice people Also, the WAC runs an action shotgun fun match every thursday night. There is some form of shooting sport, multi-gun/IPSC/IDPA at least 4 nights of the week somewhere within an hours drive of Tampa every week.

Hope this helps and hope to see you there...

flg8r

Hey,

I will be in Florida in a few weeks my mother turns the big 80 in FEB so me and the kids will be down there do you know of any 3 gun matches in the first two weeks of FEB?

+1 on the Hernando match.

Feb 16th 3Gun at http://www.pmrpc.com/ just west of Palm Bay, FL.

Please stop by if you get the chance. It will probably be my S12's first match. Last few months we've done 5-6 stages and the attendance has been light (12-15). No long range shots since we have to use the action area which is ~45 yards tops but they try to make it interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hello John,

I am back, and the 17 we will have a competition at blackwater for shotgun and Pistol!! are you coming? are you done with school? :)

Dr.G.

John the SAIGA did it again! BEST TIME OVERALL !!! :) I had a blast!! I wish you could have been there!

dr.G.