Please keep forum member 1911 in your prayers.

Hello Saiga-12. I'm 1911's son and currently sitting in the OR waiting room. One of the RN's came in about an hour ago and informed us that everything is about half-way through with Ronnie (my mom's brother donor)...they've removed the kidney and started to flush it and are starting on removal of his gall bladder. The doctors are starting to insert the kidney into my dad now. I'll post updates as I have them. Thank you all for your prayers and concerns!

Sincerely,

Jeff II

1911-2...the younger, better looking version of the original ;-)

ok, it's now 1:15pm CST and they are sewing him up as we speak, everything seems to be going well, we should know more shortly. More to come.

Jeff II

The Doctor just came in and said that it looks like everything is working well with my dad, and Ronnie (donor) is still in surgery getting his gull bladder removed but is very stable. Overall everyone is doing very well. We've got 50+ people in the waiting room clapping and crying happy tears. They said that everything started right up perfectly. He should be in intensive care in about an hour where we (immediate family) can see him. I'll let you know as I find out more, but Praise the Lord everything seems to be just fine!Thank you all for your prayers and concerns!

Sincerely,

Jeff II

Well, it looks like everyone is out of the woods. My dad will be in intensive care through tomorrow afternoon and then, if no complications come up, he'll be transferred to his own room. I thought it funny that when I got to see him, my mom was naming off the 100+ people that stopped by (had a sign-in book) and then I mentioned that I had been posting updates on the Saiga-12 forum and he went from a groggy, barely coherent state to perky-eared and his attention flew from my mother to me; he was very interested in what was going on and made it very clear he wanted all of you updated. He said he wants some water...the medications are drying out his mouth and he's not allowed to eat or drink until tomorrow. I must say that it is very different to see him so vulnerable, but encouraging to see his indomitable spirit and sense of humor; he'll crack a joke and start to laugh but stop when he realizes just how much pain that creates for him. Please continue to keep him in your prayers and know that he greatly appreciates each one of you. Thank you all for your prayers and concerns!

Sincerely,

Jeff II

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, it looks like everyone is out of the woods. My dad will be in intensive care through tomorrow afternoon and then, if no complications come up, he'll be transferred to his own room. I thought it funny that when I got to see him, my mom was naming off the 100+ people that stopped by (had a sign-in book) and then I mentioned that I had been posting updates on the Saiga-12 forum and he went from a groggy, barely coherent state to perky-eared and his attention flew from my mother to me; he was very interested in what was going on and made it very clear he wanted all of you updated. He said he wants some water...the medications are drying out his mouth and he's not allowed to eat or drink until tomorrow. I must say that it is very different to see him so vulnerable, but encouraging to see his indomitable spirit and sense of humor; he'll crack a joke and start to laugh but stop when he realizes just how much pain that creates for him. Please continue to keep him in your prayers and know that he greatly appreciates each one of you. Thank you all for your prayers and concerns!

Sincerely,

Jeff II

Very good to hear that your dad and uncle did good and it seems it should be easy sailing from here hopefully. We all really appreciate your updates. Please tell him again we are anxious to hear from him and glad everything is fine.

I kept getting an error, so the previous message got posted twice, and since I can't figure out ho to delete this one, I'm just modifying it so it doesn't say the same thing.

LOL!!! when you dad gets better.... he will explain the error thing to ya...

I am very glad to hear that he is ok, and slowly coming out of it.

I am also glad to hear that he apparantly knows that we all here give a crap about him and has responded abruptly to your comment. that is an extremely good sign that his mind has been spared anything negative.

he was probably very surprised when you said that. :)

Good deal, glad to hear that everything went well. 1911-2, take care of the old man, a good Dad is one of those things we often fail to appreciate until we get a wake up call. Make the best of each and every day, and when he's up and going, make some time to drop by this place now and then. Actually a pretty good bunch of regular members on a daily basis.

Well, If my gut is correct, he'll have enough kidney beans and beer for making chili and drinking friends to last quite some time.:):):):) Glad to hear that all is going good. 1911-2, please keep all posted.

Since we don't want to load up the hospital with beans and beer, :):):), how can we send Jeff our "gifts", NO POSTING OF ADDRESS, but how can we.

Termite