Discounted Price Ending......

I thought I should make a post on this just so people are in the know. I have received many, many inquires on the question and thought I could slightly ease my PM and Email load by making a public post. This is not an attempt to cause an influx of orders (though I am guessing it probably will). This post will hopefully also reduce the "I didn't know... can you make an exception?" responses once the price is changed.

I will be ending the discounted price right before shipping begins. Even if not all of the original 1000 drums listed have been spoken for. The remaining amount will no longer be $165. The reason for this is because I have a couple dealers that has bought small quantities of the drums at $165 each for resell. They were concerned that if I still had drums listed for the discounted price after I started shipping that they would have to sit on their stock and wait to list until I increased the price. I told them I wouldn't do that to them.

Though I doubt I will sell all the drums from the remaining 1000 listed before shipping begins, if I do I will still make good on my word of adding more to the quantity at the discounted price.

Again, I'm not trying to cause an influx in orders. I am completely happy with how they are selling now. I just want to have all the areas covered and keep you in the know.

Thanks again everybody!

Ok, but when exactly is this cutoff point?

"Right before shipping begins" according to an above post. Since Mike doesn't know exactly when the drums will be back from the molder it would probably be difficult to say 'exactly' when this cutoff is.

I pre-ordered another.

Does the shipping charge decrease if both are shipped together, and will both my orders be combined automatically?

I'm personally going to make sure that everybody with more than one order is not charged double for shipping. I'll be combining the shipping and your orders will ship in one package. Thanks for the second order! :super:

Ok, but when exactly is this cutoff point?

"Right before shipping begins" according to an above post. Since Mike doesn't know exactly when the drums will be back from the molder it would probably be difficult to say 'exactly' when this cutoff is.

Right. I will try to give as long of an advanced notice on the cutoff as I possible can though.

mike, whats your target shipping date now? what is the final date? can you nail it down yet?

Nothing has changed since yesterday when I post in this thread http://forum.saiga-12.com/index.php?showto...t=0#entry177815 in post # 31. I was sure you read it since you posted immediately afterwards in post #32.

Hi Mike,

I haven't made a pre-order because of the rule stated on your web page about shipping to the billing address only. I live in Hawaii and don't really feel like paying 1/4 the price of the drum ($49.75) in shipping charges. ;) Is it possible to have the drum shipped to an alternate address that's on the mainland (and on file with the credi tcard company)? The only catch is you probably have to call the CC to verify the shipping address.

Hi Mike,

I haven't made a pre-order because of the rule stated on your web page about shipping to the billing address only. I live in Hawaii and don't really feel like paying 1/4 the price of the drum ($49.75) in shipping charges. ;) Is it possible to have the drum shipped to an alternate address that's on the mainland (and on file with the credi tcard company)? The only catch is you probably have to call the CC to verify the shipping address.

I don't blame you. I was allowing people that live in Hawaii and Alaska to have their order shipped USPS Priority Mail. I am sure living their that you know the plus in this for you. Let me know if this would be acceptable, if so, you can order on the site and use your CC. If you order let me know and I will update your order.

Hi Mike,

I don't blame you. I was allowing people that live in Hawaii and Alaska to have their order shipped USPS Priority Mail. I am sure living their that you know the plus in this for you. Let me know if this would be acceptable, if so, you can order on the site and use your CC. If you order let me know and I will update your order.

A flat rate priority box will probably fit the drum. They are less than 9 bucks.

Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

That would work great -- I just placed an order.

USPS priority comes into the state on Fedex planes so it typically takes just 3 days to my "doorstep". Fedex/UPS ground can have reasonable rates as well but I see such random results from vendors shipping calculators I'm guessing the vendor must have a big account to get a decent rate. I do end up spend a fair amount of time trying to talk people into shipping here via USPS. Interestingly enough, Fedex air freight rates are fairly reasonable vs. mainland rates (go figure).

Any hope of a 3" drum trade up program? :)

-J

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Mike,

Hi Mike,

That would work great -- I just placed an order.

USPS priority comes into the state on Fedex planes so it typically takes just 3 days to my "doorstep". Fedex/UPS ground can have reasonable rates as well but I see such random results from vendors shipping calculators I'm guessing the vendor must have a big account to get a decent rate. I do end up spend a fair amount of time trying to talk people into shipping here via USPS. Interestingly enough, Fedex air freight rates are fairly reasonable vs. mainland rates (go figure).

Any hope of a 3" drum trade up program? :)

-J

I'm not sure what I'm going to do there. I might be able to sell a 3 inch body that will work with all the internals of the 2 3/4 drum, so you don't have to buy all the parts. Not sure yet though and will have to see.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I just placed an order for one drum. Your design looks like the best one out there (I used to be a mechanical engineeer). I'm just hoping it will ship before my credit card expires in 2010???

:haha:

Looking forward to using your product............. :smoke:

EDIT: nevermind, I was having problems with the ordering system on the site but it went through

YAY! *jumps in the air and clicks heels*

Thanks for the order. About the problems you was having on the site...I was TRYING to update the site with cover options and extras for sale. Stuff got really screwy. I am going to my web guys tomorrow morning to see if it can be worked out. Something got the quantity available all messed up. It was showing a quantity but wouldn't let an order go through say they wasn't available. I had to add extra drums to get past the glitch. I had to remove the extra covers for now as well.

Sorry I haven't got to your email yet, it is a long one with a lot of questions. It is going to take me a little time to answer them all. Thanks again!

EDIT: nevermind, I was having problems with the ordering system on the site but it went through

YAY! *jumps in the air and clicks heels*

Thanks for the order. About the problems you was having on the site...I was TRYING to update the site with cover options and extras for sale. Stuff got really screwy. I am going to my web guys tomorrow morning to see if it can be worked out. Something got the quantity available all messed up. It was showing a quantity but wouldn't let an order go through say they wasn't available. I had to add extra drums to get past the glitch. I had to remove the extra covers for now as well.

Sorry I haven't got to your email yet, it is a long one with a lot of questions. It is going to take me a little time to answer them all. Thanks again!

Oh, no problem man. I understand you're pretty swamped. The reason I resent them via email is because when I sent them via PM, I figured you might not have got it since the inboxs on here don't hold a lot of messages and you probably get a ton of them.

I've been following this drum since it was announced and I'm just glad I finally got my order in before time ran out for the first run. I was beginning to worry. lol

Edited by Monk