Let's seem some competition pictures!

yeah_Saiga.jpg

Ron remember that saiga unfriendly stage all shooters had to load loose shells form that box on the table once the buzzer sounded and we (TEAM SAIGA) did better than most of the belly feeders! The target was a single Texas Star requiring at least 5 rounds.

DSCF1192-1.jpg

SUNP0021.jpg some Saiga Shotguns

pictures129.jpg

Edited by topmaul

Here is Bill at the 3-Gun Nationals with a DI/F conversion. Bill forgot more about shotgun shooting...last Tuesday...than I know :)

Bill_Shotgun_3GN2007.jpg

Fred with his second generation mid-barrel comp gun:

Fred_Shotgun_3GN2007.jpg

And some other guy with another type of mag fed gun:

Alex_Shotgun2_3GN2007.jpg

Alex

yeah_Saiga.jpg

Ron remember that saiga unfriendly stage all shooters had to load loose shells form that box on the table once the buzzer sounded and we (TEAM SAIGA) did better than most of the belly feeders!

Talk about this some. How did you accomplish that?

How did the Saiga guys do better than the tube guys when reloading from the box of loose shells?

BHO & really good muscle memory?

Man I'd really love to get into competition. I think I'll spend the winter shooting and give it a go in the spring.

The equipment I have on hand:

Saiga .308

Winchester 1300 Defender

Charles Daly DDA 10-45

S&W 39-2

I'd like to use the .45 but I only have 2 mags. Anyone know what mags are compatible with that weapon? I've tried to contact BUL via email and they won't answer.

I have about 8 or 9 mags for the 39-2 but it only holds 8 per mag.

How did the Saiga guys do better than the tube guys when reloading from the box of loose shells?

BHO & really good muscle memory?

I am trying to imagine a round just being dropped on top of an empty mag or did they just go ahead and load a mag from the box of ammo then shoot the mag?

Just not clear on how that stage was done, but it is one issue I am curious about.

You can make that Winchester of yours rock. A guy I shoot with put some stuff on his 1300 and jumped in on the shotgun stuff last week. We have a fairly consistent squad that shoots together once a month and everyone helps each other to improve. He put some stuff on his 1300 and by the end of the night he was twice as fast as he was when the evening started. I would shoot a stage then coach him some before he shot. He got the bug and I can tell he is gunning for me!

There is something about shotguns that everybody likes.

Edited by Zoub

I will dig up that score sheet, it was a few months back we just stuffed mags fast put it in the gun and hit the targets, as I recall on of the best pump shooters simply loaded five and missed once, anothre guy fumbled the reload. Some of them did beat us on that stage. Let me dig it up and I will post a linke

http://www.ncrr.net/IDPA/matchresults/2007...9%20SHOTGUN.htm I think it was Stage 2 of the May Match.

If you get a Saiga Unfriendly stage just calm down do your best not to totally blow it and make up the time some place else. That is all you can really do.

Edited by topmaul

Thanks.

That makes sense, I can see loading a mag and keeping up. But damn, tough thumbs?

I will add I really like the looks of the stock that Bill guy is running. Not the color, but the actual shape of it.

Edited by Zoub

Zoub: once you get the way to hold the mag right, you can load shells REAL fast into the saiga12 mags. its pretty easy to jack them out of there too, just whack the front of the mag against your palm hard and the shell will fly right on out.

yeah_Saiga.jpg

Ron remember that saiga unfriendly stage all shooters had to load loose shells form that box on the table once the buzzer sounded and we (TEAM SAIGA) did better than most of the belly feeders!

Talk about this some. How did you accomplish that?

The ten round mag spring is not as tough as the five or eight round mag, so you can slip the shells in quite fast. The auto tube loaders have that spring-tensioned loading gate that IMHO resists the shell insertion somewhat more so. Once the mag is loaded, it's rock it in and blast away. There are few really "Saiga Unfriendly" stages anymore that Match directors will have to throw us off. Ten round mags have eliminated odd round stages and Jeric's last round bolt hold will allow starting a stage with select slug drills and an empty gun.

• 2 weeks later...

mmm, the stock is one of the first done by BRG3 it came out great this is the second re-finishing on it. When you shoot it as much as Eric does it just need to be kept up to look good.

The red dot is a cheap NcStar, not real high quality and it almost fell off later in the match the concept is sound the mount is made by Command Arms Accessories http://www.commandarms.com/product.asp?pID=133&cID=22 It seemed to stay secure.

College sucks at my age!

Equinerescuelleaugeshowpics085.jpg

here is a Saiga .223 in competition

Edited by topmaul
  • 3 years later...