SureFire Gun Mags New Polymer Mags Are Out

Just shot SureFire Gun Mags new .223 30Rd mags. What a blast. They make them in 3,5,10,15, 20 and 30rd. Buy at Gilbert's, RSR Group, Joe Lowes, DK Mags, Bangers, Atlantic Fire arms etc.

They make them in 7.62x39 and 308 also.

That is righteous, but I don't see them listed anywhere yet. Price?

Just shot SureFire Gun Mags new .223 30Rd mags. What a blast. They make them in 3,5,10,15, 20 and 30rd. Buy at Gilbert's, RSR Group, Joe Lowes, DK Mags, Bangers, Atlantic Fire arms etc.

Saigaguy,

You beat me to this as I spoke with Clyde Woods at RAA a couple of days ago and he had a very positive report about these magazines. He stated that the mags functioned 100% from what he witnessed and there may possibly be a military contract order which might add metal reinforced feed lips to later versions of these magazines. If these mags are any good, it will mean little or no modification to the Saiga rifles for high capacity magazines.

Sure Fire Mags Saiga 223 30 Round Polymer Magazine (US Made) - $39.95

Now In Stock!. New Saiga 223 30 Round High Capacity Poymer Magazine. This US made magazine meets requirements for three 922r compliant parts. These high reliability mags will fit all non-modified Saiga rifles chambered in 223 caliber.

Features Include:

* 223 Caliber

* 30 Round Polymer Magazine

* Made in USA

* Meets Requirement For 3 922r Compliant Parts

* Stock # SSGMP22330

* Call Toll Free 877-YES-GUNS To Order

Saigaguy,

You beat me to this as I spoke with Clyde Woods at RAA a couple of days ago and he had a very positive report about these magazines. He stated that the mags functioned 100% from what he witnessed and there may possibly be a military contract order which might add metal reinforced feed lips to later versions of these magazines. If these mags are any good, it will mean little or no modification to the Saiga rifles for high capacity magazines.

No modifications are required to convert. These mags exceed the performance of any mag on the market. You don't need a metal feed ramp for full auto unless you really want them added. These mags are designed to feed for speed and reliability. Pick up afew and try them in your full auto coversion and if you don't think they are the best mag you have ever used I will buy them from you.

Gilberts Gun Shop has them for $39.95.

Sure Fire Mags Saiga 223 30 Round Polymer Magazine (US Made) - $39.95

Now In Stock!. New Saiga 223 30 Round High Capacity Poymer Magazine. This US made magazine meets requirements for three 922r compliant parts. These high reliability mags will fit all non-modified Saiga rifles chambered in 223 caliber.

Features Include:

* 223 Caliber

* 30 Round Polymer Magazine

* Made in USA

* Meets Requirement For 3 922r Compliant Parts

* Stock # SSGMP22330

* Call Toll Free 877-YES-GUNS To Order

Seems everyone forgets about the bolt hold open feature.

I just bought a Saiga .223 with drag stock and three of the Surefire mags from Gilbert"s. Should be in town tomorrow. I have never dealt with Gilbert"s before but they were very nice. Jason Gilbert told me these mags were great.

Monomonk

Gilbert's is a great company to do business with. They go out of their way to make you happy.

I couldn't find the 30 round 308 mags on the link you gave...can you help with that Saigaguy? Thanks.

Less than 24 hours after ordering my Saiga .223 and three Surefire mags, the whole package is at my house and ready to go to the range. Of course, Frankfort, KY, home of Gilbert's, is not very far north of Nashville.

Monomonk

I picked up one tonight at a gun show and it seems pretty well made. Unfortunately it won't lock in to the rifle. I didn't have time to mess with it too much this evening but it would appear that I will have to take some plastic off the rear catch on the magazine.

Its just kind of disappointing to buy a $40 magazine and it won't even lock into the gun especially after buying all three P Mags for my M4 for $40 and they function flawlessly. I'm sure a few strokes from a file will fix the situation. I guess I'm more disappointed than mad especially since I had to return my first Saiga to the distributor because the front sight was not put on correctly (straight up and down).

I'll keep you posted on how it works out. I think they are a great idea I just wish they were more like $15 or $20.

FIREDOG :smoke:

I couldn't find the 30 round 308 mags on the link you gave...can you help with that Saigaguy? Thanks.

Only 25Rd and under 308 mags are going to be manufactured. Unfortunately they won't be available till 1st or 2nd week of December.

I fired 25 rounds through one of the Surefire mags in my new Saiga today and had no problems. So far, so good.

Monomon

Hey, glad you had a good time. The saiga rifles really start to perform at there best after a few hundred rounds of ammo through them. The SurFire Gun Mags are rated for thousands and thousands and thousands of rounds so don't be afraid of wearing them out.

Less than 24 hours after ordering my Saiga .223 and three Surefire mags, the whole package is at my house and ready to go to the range. Of course, Frankfort, KY, home of Gilbert's, is not very far north of Nashville.

Monomonk

I picked up one tonight at a gun show and it seems pretty well made. Unfortunately it won't lock in to the rifle. I didn't have time to mess with it too much this evening but it would appear that I will have to take some plastic off the rear catch on the magazine.

Its just kind of disappointing to buy a $40 magazine and it won't even lock into the gun especially after buying all three P Mags for my M4 for $40 and they function flawlessly. I'm sure a few strokes from a file will fix the situation. I guess I'm more disappointed than mad especially since I had to return my first Saiga to the distributor because the front sight was not put on correctly (straight up and down).

I'll keep you posted on how it works out. I think they are a great idea I just wish they were more like $15 or $20.

FIREDOG :smoke

Hey Firedog DON't file those mags. They are designed to fit tight! Just insert them into the magwell about 6 or 7 times firmly and you will find that they will end up snapping right into place. Once they take their seating position they will keep a firm tight fit forever.

I lightly sanded the top of the right feed lip (right side from the shooter's viewpoint when mag is installed) of my Surefire mags to eliminate that sharp edge. I just rounded off the edge on top. This makes loading more comfortable.

Monomonk

Just an update, I came home this morning from work and was going to try just rocking the mag in and out a few times as suggested by another member in hopes that it would seat itself. After the third attempt the tab on the rear of the magazine broke off.

I have three 10 round stock magazines that fit and function perfectly. I'm also not impressed by the fact of the price of this mag that it should have had metal reinforcement under the plastic at the magazine catch. I'm going to call the manafacturer tomorrow to see what they have to say. Thanks for the input.

FIREDOG

I lightly sanded the top of the right feed lip (right side from the shooter's viewpoint when mag is installed) of my Surefire mags to eliminate that sharp edge. I just rounded off the edge on top. This makes loading more comfortable.

Monomonk

Just an update, I came home this morning from work and was going to try just rocking the mag in and out a few times as suggested by another member in hopes that it would seat itself. After the third attempt the tab on the rear of the magazine broke off.

I have three 10 round stock magazines that fit and function perfectly. I'm also not impressed by the fact of the price of this mag that it should have had metal reinforcement under the plastic at the magazine catch. I'm going to call the manafacturer tomorrow to see what they have to say. Thanks for the input.

FIREDOG

That can be a problem when you have all plastic made mag and no metal inserts

on specific parts of the mag, like the lugs on the back of the mag, specially with

a 20 or 30 rounder mags, the ammo ads some weight to it plus plastic can not take

abuse like a metal insert lug will take.

That's why some people like Military surplus mags, they may not be the best

but they are made to take a liking and keep on ticking on the worst of conditions.

Just my personal opinion and my 2 cents worth of nothing.

Monomonk

FIREDOG

That can be a problem when you have all plastic made mag and no metal inserts

on specific parts of the mag, like the lugs on the back of the mag, specially with

a 20 or 30 rounder mags, the ammo ads some weight to it plus plastic can not take

abuse like a metal insert lug will take.

That's why some people like Military surplus mags, they may not be the best

but they are made to take a liking and keep on ticking on the worst of conditions.

Just my personal opinion and my 2 cents worth of nothing.

And a most valuable 2 cents worth of nothing it is. :smoke:

I got mine today. Both fit perfectly on my rifle. I cycled snap-cap rounds repeatedly since I couldn't go to the range, and had zero failures in operation. I will admit I was a bit surprised to see the bolt held open after the last round ejected. I was even more surprised when it suddenly slammed shut after I removed the mag. Oh well, I also noticed that each magazine came with a five year warranty, so I'd say don't worry so much, because if it breaks, you will get another one for free. Of course if it breaks when the SHTF, well then that's a different story. I'll let you guys know how the work on Saturday or Sunday. Maybe sooner thanks to the break coming up.